Trump, Don Jr, Giuliani & Fox Circulating Doctored Video of Pelosi edited and slowed down to make her sound confused and drunk.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Please. The tribalistic rationalizations of people like Rather, and the shift of the news media to a sensationlist for profit model, as exemplified by “journalists” like Rather, is what paved the road for Trump.

Doesn't address the question.

Did Dan Rather doctor any documents?

Your bothsiderism is just deplorably pathetic.

and again, here's the thing: CBS news and Dan Rather took the punishment for their mistake. They did what was ethically responsible. Good luck getting that kind of response from "the side" that gleefully bathes in the swamp of fake news and propaganda, and couldn't point to the word "ethics" in the dictionary.

Why do you champion this infantile, fallacious discourse?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I still think Trump could take 2020, and why not? The economy is kicking ass. Trump is putting extreme pressure on China. The only president to stand up to them. We have another year, but Trump could easily be POTUS for another 4 years. I keep saying this, but you people are so blinded. Trump isn't as dumb as you think he is. He's positioning himself for another 4 years as POTUS.

Sure it’s possible he could win but Americans really, really dislike him. To not recognize this is to be blind to reality.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Sure it’s possible he could win but Americans really, really dislike him. To not recognize this is to be blind to reality.
Inasmuch as we don't want to spend the next 5 years holding our noses, it's up to us to frame the mofo for what he is so enough people vote against him that we rid ourselves of this albatross of a POTUS ASAP.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I dislike him with great intensity, but I don't know what other people think and feel. I keep hearing (and here) that he has this big base that stick by him no matter what, don't care what nasty BS he spews, they are sticking by the louse. I have heard a few predictions that he can win in 2020. Me, I don't know. I have no expectations. I've all but given up on this country. If they don't reelect him I'll reconsider America's potential. If not, I can't say I'm proud of the USA. Well, that's nothing new, but I used to have some pride in the USA, not much nowadays.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I dislike him with great intensity, but I don't know what other people think and feel. I keep hearing (and here) that he has this big base that stick by him no matter what, don't care what nasty BS he spews, they are sticking by the louse. I have heard a few predictions that he can win in 2020. Me, I don't know. I have no expectations. I've all but given up on this country. If they don't reelect him I'll reconsider America's potential. If not, I can't say I'm proud of the USA. Well, that's nothing new, but I used to have some pride in the USA, not much nowadays.

He has a base that turned out in 2018 and he got slaughtered. His base simply isn’t big enough on its own - he has to persuade other people too, something he has not been good at.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
He has a base that turned out in 2018 and he got slaughtered. His base simply isn’t big enough on its own - he has to persuade other people too, something he has not been good at.
I hope you are right!

I don't want a repeat of the emotions I felt on election night 2016. They would be worse the 2nd time!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Why do you play these obvious infantile games?
Because it was obvious what he meant by the original Rather reference, and the “policing” of truth is blatantly obvious in its intent. @Jhhnn is the only one who responded with anything interesting to say. The rest, just the typical abundance of concern.

As for the OP, the title and angst is misdirected. Without the social media platforms to spread such videos, there is no Trump. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube...a viral doctored video is just the tip of what’s to come.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

Just don't underestimate him.

There's a lot of the people you least expect crowd that plays nice, is friendly, pays lipservice to hating Trump but voted for him. And it was enough that they picked up senate seats.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Just don't underestimate him.

There's a lot of the people you least expect crowd that plays nice, is friendly, pays lipservice to hating Trump but voted for him. And it was enough that they picked up senate seats.
Exactly, never underestimate the stupidity of the average voter.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
She's my kind of gal.

Yet again, we have the President spreading baseless accusations on his Twitter feed, this time implying I’ve been drunk on the job, when in reality there’s not going to be any goddamn ambiguity whatsoever when I decide to get loaded,” said Pelosi, telling reporters that she couldn’t have been under the influence in the video because it did not feature her clutching the lectern for dear life while flipping off her colleagues and calling them “a gaggle of cocksuckers.” When I get plastered, I’m a mean-ass drunk, so until you see me actively pissing on the House floor or pressing a broken beer bottle up to [Minority Leader] Kevin McCarthy’s dumb face, you dipshits can rest easy knowing I’ve been sober as a goddamn judge.”

Ahahhaha love it.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
1) I'm not seeing where the video above was slowed down to make her appear drunk

2) When did Trump tweet out the other (not shown above ) obviously slowed down doctored video from Politics WatchDog ?
Are you sure you're following the right Donald Trump account?

Well that's completely understandable. You were probably blowing some Russian cock at the time and couldn't tell the video had been edited...

#fuckofftroll

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
Well that's completely understandable. You were probably blowing some Russian cock at the time and couldn't tell the video had been edited...

#fuckofftroll

lol - so easily triggered especially when you're wrong

President Trump tweeted out a video that was only edited down to 30 seconds - it was not slowed down at all.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._pelosi_stammers_through_news_conference.html

The other video which is obviously fake was not tweeted out by President Trump

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
The video you linked is obviously doctored for effect as well. Not that you'd be able to notice, of course.
Was it slowed down ? no it wasn't
Was it shortened - yes, but feel free to watch her stammer through her entire 20 minute spiel if you can handle it

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
LOL so triggered it took me a day to reply! You have clearly had a lot of practice juggling accounts here as evidenced by how quickly you are triggered from your safespace... Probably why you juggle the hairy hangers with such ease...

The only grey area here is how many times you YesMan one of your other posts...

Translation:. #fuckofftroll

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
LOL so triggered it took me a day to reply! You have clearly had a lot of practice juggling accounts here as evidenced by how quickly you are triggered from your safespace... Probably why you juggle the hairy hangers with such ease...

The only grey area here is how many times you YesMan one of your other posts...

Translation:. #fuckofftroll

I guess you spent 24 hours dreaming about giving Russian blowjobs or whatever shit you're into. But hey I'm not here to judge whatever your sexual fantasies are lol

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Attention Whore seeks attention... Shocking!

Perhaps a new sock puppet will make the Russian yak taste better... Face it kid... You are outgunned on any platform you log into... #walkaway #fuckofftroll

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
Attention Whore seeks attention... Shocking!

Perhaps a new sock puppet will make the Russian yak taste better... Face it kid... You are outgunned on any platform you log into... #walkaway #fuckofftroll

You're into Russian yaks too - you should probably see a psychiatrist pretty soon to deal with your sexual deviance

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Was it slowed down ? no it wasn't
Was it shortened - yes, but feel free to watch her stammer through her entire 20 minute spiel if you can handle it

Is there some part of "doctored for effect" you refuse to acknowledge? Do you enjoy defending Trumpian attempts at ridicule & deception?

Sgt. York

Mar 27, 2016
Can anyone explain exactly what was done to make her look bad? How was it done? I'm curious because it looks petty darn good, but I have some doubts.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Can anyone explain exactly what was done to make her look bad? How was it done? I'm curious because it looks petty darn good, but I have some doubts.
One of them is using simple video edits/splices (it was called in the old day) the one where she sounds drunk, they slow down the video and apply a pitch shifter to her voice to bring it back to normal. Not that difficult if you have the software, doesn't take long at all.

Reactions: Aegeon

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
CBS fired Rather after an internal investigation and a NY appeals court dismissed his case against CBS. Conspiracy not found. Rather, either through intention or incompetence, sacrificed his journalistic integrity.

At no time did CBS or anyone in the investigation accuse or claim Rather did anything intentionally.

To suggest such IS a conspiracy.

And congrats on your thread hijack and whataboutism.