Trump didn't know what was in the executive order he signed.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
He has a $3b+ real estate portfolio.

Nobody actually knows if he does or not, outside of what he probably inherited. He personally claims 10billion+, but he's also a pathological liar.

I'm just trying to reconcile it with the fact that he was elected President so there must be some redeeming quality somewhere. Maybe it isn't his business acumen. Unless he truly is a pawn in somebody else's game, he had identify talent to run a campaign, create a message, get votes, and win. I think not just any celebrity loud-mouth could be elected President. He has to have a talent. If you say he has none, you have to be denying reality or believe somebody else is at the wheel and he is a mouthpiece.

He cannot be purely incompetent, which is why I jumped into this thread to begin with, to defend some level of competency that he must possess.

He's exceptional in utter lack of any discernible shame or self-respect, such as commitment to supreme birtherism against all evidence to the contrary. It's unimpeachably evident a large segment of the population can relate to that, in particular scapegoating lower status minorities. It's also obvious why your sort don't want to believe that about your peers.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Nobody actually knows if he does or not, outside of what he probably inherited. He personally claims 10billion+, but he's also a pathological liar.

He's exceptional in utter lack of any discernible shame or self-respect, such as commitment to supreme birtherism against all evidence to the contrary. It's unimpeachably evident a large segment of the population can relate to that, in particular scapegoating lower status minorities. It's also obvious why your sort don't want to believe that about your peers.

I have a hard time believing that (minority hate / racism) is true of such a large percentage of the population, but somehow magically, not all of the population. Usually traits like that are common in almost everybody, or very few people, it is not probable that half a population could be racist but the other half not. So I think you are lying to yourself that conservatives are magically all racist and yet it wouldn't be true of the entire population.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I have a hard time believing that (minority hate / racism) is true of such a large percentage of the population, but somehow magically, not all of the population. Usually traits like that are common in almost everybody, or very few people, it is not probable that half a population could be racist but the other half not. So I think you are lying to yourself that conservatives are magically all racist and yet it wouldn't be true of the entire population.

I've informed you in the past that this is demonstrated in every scientific study of racial resentment ever taken. Predictably empiricism means nothing to american conservatism.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I've informed you in the past that this is demonstrated in every scientific study of racial resentment ever taken. Predictably empiricism means nothing to american conservatism.

Yes yes, we understand that conservative beliefs, can also be mistaken for racial resentment if you ask the questions a certain way. It backs into the hypothesis but does not prove it.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Considering Trump aversion to teleprompters in the past and the way he acts, I half wonder if Trump can even read to be honest :p

I honestly would not be shocked, he sounds illiterate a lot of the time, or at a 4th grade level perhaps.

Sorry, that does not even sound right, I was reading at 12th grade level in 4th grade, did not mean to offend anyone.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Yes yes, we understand that conservative beliefs, can also be mistaken for racial resentment if you ask the questions a certain way. It backs into the hypothesis but does not prove it.

It's hardly any coincidence that the core conservative platform is built around supremacy over lower status minorities. Their support for the birther-king and mexicans-are-rapists guy is only natural.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
It's more that liberals view blacks and minorities as incapable. Ami Horowitz ran a piece interviewing how white liberals viewed voter ID laws, the responses were really scary how low these people think of black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

It's entirely true that race is tied to economic class in this country, and given that your sorts are responsible for it it's not hard to figure why they desperately want to whitewash that reality.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
He has a $3b+ real estate portfolio.

And after foreign governments get done buying him, I am sure he will have a $100b+ real estate portfolio and you will be in here defending his bribe taking. By his UNPRECEDENTED lack of divesture/disclosure, he has made it pretty damn clear that he intends on enriching himself while in office.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
It's entirely true that race is tied to economic class in this country, and given that your sorts are responsible for it it's not hard to figure why they desperately want to whitewash that reality.

Okay so you agree that racial resentment and the conservative platform are coincidentally the same based on the framing and context of the questions in order to provide a misleading picture on the conservative mindset.

Both sides probably have a very similar view on simply race.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
And after foreign governments get done buying him, I am sure he will have a $100b+ real estate portfolio and you will be in here defending his bribe taking. By his UNPRECEDENTED lack of divesture/disclosure, he has made it pretty damn clear that he intends on enriching himself while in office.

Quite literally not unprecedented. It was started by a phenomenally corrupt politician in Nixon in order to pretend he had clean hands when he did not. Also, Nixon released his tax returns AFTER his audit and he took office :eek:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Okay so you agree that racial resentment and the conservative platform are coincidentally the same based on the framing and context of the questions in order to provide a misleading picture on the conservative mindset.

Both sides probably have a very similar view on simply race.

No, it's trivially evident that the conservative platform simply conforms to the member's race resentment, ie/eg scapegoating browns.

Again, quite obvious why you'll pretend this simple observation is so hard to see and somehow libtards are responsible. It's just not in your interest to understand it, just like every scientific/education matter conservatives oppose.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
No, it's trivially evident that the conservative platform simply conforms to the member's race resentment, ie/eg scapegoating browns.

Again, quite obvious why you'll pretend this simple observation is so hard to see and somehow libtards are responsible.

Wasn't my observation pretty simple? White liberals believed that blacks were pretty incapable, right?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Quite literally not unprecedented. It was started by a phenomenally corrupt politician in Nixon in order to pretend he had clean hands when he did not. Also, Nixon released his tax returns AFTER his audit and he took office :eek:

If he does loot $100 billion from foreign country bribes, you will still defend him won't you? Even if it means that Saudi Arabia has a whole suite of brand new American made ICBMS.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If he does loot $100 billion from foreign country bribes, you will still defend him won't you?

Nope, I'll ask for a transfer to be in whatever state militia you are from. Together in arms my brother.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Wasn't my observation pretty simple? White liberals believed that blacks were pretty incapable, right?

It's quite simple why you would think that of acknowledging the racial economic stratification your ideology is responsible for, which you're obliged and committed to defend no matter what.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
It's quite simple why you would think that of acknowledging the racial economic stratification your ideology is responsible for, which you're obliged and committed to defend no matter what.

So you think that possessing ID is a symptom of economic stratification? They all have ID to begin with! The whole reason that video was so incredible was that white liberals believed blacks were incapable of getting an ID, and it was FALSE! The second half of the interviews were done in Harlem asking black residents their opinion on voter ID laws and if they carried ID.

You believing that blacks don't possess ID (not true), and that it shows racial economic stratification, more or less proves what you think of them. Wow.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
So you think that possessing ID is a symptom of economic stratification? They all have ID to begin with! The whole reason that video was so incredible was that white liberals believed blacks were incapable of getting an ID, and it was FALSE! The second half of the interviews were done in Harlem asking black residents their opinion on voter ID laws and if they carried ID.

You believing that blacks don't possess ID (not true), and that it shows racial economic stratification, more or less proves what you think of them. Wow.

It's simply a fact that less poor blacks have the ID that black-hating conservatives seek to demand, which is rather why they're demanding it; this is a matter of established legal cases per voting rights act. But it's also pretty well established by now that facts don't matter to the conservative brain, only protecting their own.