Trump didn't know what was in the executive order he signed.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Fox News Reports:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-that-gave-bannon-seat-at-nsc-meetings.html

President Trump was reportedly not fully briefed on the executive order he signed that allowed his chief strategist Steve Bannon a seat at the meetings of the country’s top national security efforts.

The New York Times reported Sunday that Bannon has been telling allies that he and the White House policy director, Stephen Miller, have a window to push through their vision of Trump’s economic policies.

Trump was frustrated over the executive order and reportedly demanded to be looped in on the executive orders earlier in the drafting process. According to the Times, Trump demanded that his chief of staff Reince Priebus to come up with a fundamental approach to executive orders.

Trump isn't even denying this beyond issuing a statement that any negative news is fake news. Haha. Once he realized what he had signed he was pissed. Isn't that dereliction of duties or something? On top of that he can't even trust his people not to scam him. I don't even think conservative folks think this is good news.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Fox News Reports:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-that-gave-bannon-seat-at-nsc-meetings.html

President Trump was reportedly not fully briefed on the executive order he signed that allowed his chief strategist Steve Bannon a seat at the meetings of the country’s top national security efforts.

The New York Times reported Sunday that Bannon has been telling allies that he and the White House policy director, Stephen Miller, have a window to push through their vision of Trump’s economic policies.

Trump was frustrated over the executive order and reportedly demanded to be looped in on the executive orders earlier in the drafting process. According to the Times, Trump demanded that his chief of staff Reince Priebus to come up with a fundamental approach to executive orders.

Trump isn't even denying this beyond issuing a statement that any negative news is fake news. Haha. Once he realized what he had signed he was pissed. Isn't that dereliction of duties or something? On top of that he can't even trust his people not to scam him. I don't even think conservative folks think this is good news.

On the other hand, that poll was split 45/51, similar to the popular vote numbers, so seems his people are happy. Remember, he only has to keep the rust belt just as happy, and if a shitshow muslim ban won't make a dent who knows what will.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I don't believe he knew what was in the Muslim ban before he signed it either. When he read it aloud it sounded like he was seeing it for the first time "good stuff".

Nov 29, 2006
I don't believe he knew what was in the Muslim ban before he signed it either. When he read it aloud it sounded like he was seeing it for the first time "good stuff".

So kinda like the ACA then? "We have to pass the bill so that we can find out what's in it"

This shit show has got to stop. So sad for America

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So kinda like the ACA then? "We have to pass the bill so that we can find out what's in it"

The ACA was several thousand pages long.

Trump cant be bothered to read a couple paragraphs of something he claims he came up with.

Nov 29, 2006
Holy shit you guys are still trying to pass that line off as meaning no one in Congress read it?

I could say the same thing about this executive order. Obviously someone had to read it. Most likely the person who wrote it up. But obviously the people we entrust with the power dont.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

She said so 'YOU (citizens) can find out what's in it, away from the fog of controversy' (without a concerted misinformation campaign going on).

So no, it was nothing like this at all. Amazing that people's memory of recent history is so easily manipulated by unscrupulous people.

Reactions: ivwshane

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Cant believe it took the 13th post for this to be said...Fox news = cant trust it/fake news.

amirite?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Mistake made, immediate corrective action implemented. Success.

Donald Trump, if nothing else, knows how to run a successful organization. One that can learn from mistakes. I think he's pitted Preibus and Bannon against eachother so that only the best stuff makes it way through to his desk. Really very very smart.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Mistake made, immediate corrective action implemented. Success.

Donald Trump, if nothing else, knows how to run a successful organization. One that can learn from mistakes. I think he's pitted Preibus and Bannon against eachother so that only the best stuff makes it way through to his desk. Really very very smart.

If that's true then how can you explain all the stuff that's made it to his desk so far?

Maybe you can help us understand what about his work so far as president you think shows that he knows how to run a successful organization? He has the lowest approval rating in history at this point, he has introduced no domestic policy initiatives so far, his only military action we're aware of was a disaster, and his executive actions have become a national laughingstock.

It's hard to see how this has been anything but a total failure so far.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If that's true then how can you explain all the stuff that's made it to his desk so far?

Maybe you can help us understand what about his work so far as president you think shows that he knows how to run a successful organization? He has the lowest approval rating in history at this point, he has introduced no domestic policy initiatives so far, his only military action we're aware of was a disaster, and his executive actions have become a national laughingstock.

It's hard to see how this has been anything but a total failure so far.

I'll wait until 100 days.

It is difficult to know what Bannon meant by him wanting to burn the establishment to the ground. If he really meant make the nation implode, then I suggest we all secure what we can and get ready for the worst, if he meant to avoid being cliche by saying "shake up washington" then, I'll need 100 days to see what progress we are/aren't in.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It is difficult to know what Bannon meant by him wanting to burn the establishment to the ground. If he really meant make the nation implode, then I suggest we all secure what we can and get ready for the worst, if he meant to avoid being cliche by saying "shake up washington" then, I'll need 100 days to see what progress we are/aren't in.

I agree that waiting a while is smart before judging too much (personally I think more than 100 days), but I was more wondering what positive measures of success you seemed to be referencing so far. I've seen nothing but ineptitude and failure. If you want to say I'm biased that's fine, but I'd like to hear what you think shows that Trump is running this organization successfully.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

It is difficult to know what Bannon meant by him wanting to burn the establishment to the ground.

"It's difficult to know what he meant when he said he would drink the blood of children."

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
"It's difficult to know what he meant when he said he would drink the blood of children."

Are you accusing me of being anti-semitic?

I agree that waiting a while is smart before judging too much (personally I think more than 100 days), but I was more wondering what positive measures of success you seemed to be referencing so far. I've seen nothing but ineptitude and failure. If you want to say I'm biased that's fine, but I'd like to hear what you think shows that Trump is running this organization successfully.

This particular organization? I think the jury is or should be out. Definitely too much dwelling on the press, and to be perfectly honest the only thing I have liked from what I saw was his 2nd amendment position paper which was released 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it even made the news or any headlines.

He is successful at running organizations though, in general, even if that means using the law to the fullest extent possible (see: business bankruptcies). But pushing the law to the limit is not necessarily a bad thing. FDR issued more executive orders than any President in history, almost 1 per day, a lot of people believe he was a great President who got stuff done.