Trump calls on Sessions to stop Mueller probe

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It had that flavor.

Oh, well that is easy to clear up.

What makes me worry less about Trump and more about people is that the Left is all over everything he does. We built a political system that I think cant be broken by one person unless that person gets way more than half the people supporting him. He will do dummy things as he is a dummy, and those things will hurt for a long while. But, I think we will still be pretty much okay given the Left not supporting him and the system we have.

Thus, what worries me more is the way people are acting toward each other. The rallies by racists, ANTIFA, occupy, religious, ect. Those issues worry me more because politics follows people. Trump is the side effect of an unhealthy populace.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

What makes me worry less about Trump and more about people is that the Left is all over everything he does. We built a political system that I think cant be broken by one person unless that person gets way more than half the people supporting him. He will do dummy things as he is a dummy, and those things will hurt for a long while. But, I think we will still be pretty much okay given the Left not supporting him and the system we have.

Thus, what worries me more is the way people are acting toward each other. The rallies by racists, ANTIFA, occupy, religious, ect. Those issues worry me more because politics follows people. Trump is the side effect of an unhealthy populace.
Trump has created damage that can't be undone (minus a revolution) for decades to come with Federal judge picks and SC picks.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

It's not the left that's the issue. It's the complicit right that is enabling him and not holding him accountable. A whole pile of republicans either grovel at his feet or simply plug their ears to his actions and how he provokes discord and gaslights violence and racism.

They refuse to put a true check on him and prove they have a spine. In a two party system, the minority can't do shit. It's on Republicans to clean up their own mess.

Reactions: tweaker2

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

Before I continue to read...

EVERYTHING TRUMP DOES IS AT MINIMUM DESPICABLE then add to that treasonous, corrupt, loathsome, criminal, petty, sick. EVERYTHING he does, thinks or says has to be called out!

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

Gotta read the rest later hunger just took me over aggressively.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Trump has created damage that can't be undone (minus a revolution) for decades to come with Federal judge picks and SC picks.

That has me worried, but, its not end of the nation issue. I also think that if they go too far, Judges will be removed. I still believe that they wont put in someone too extreme. But, we will have to see.

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
The investigation was never about collusion, why do trumpers love that word so much? Mueller's job is investigating “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

Don't see the word collusion anywhere there do you?

You do realize the sentence you provided basically is a definition of collusion right?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's not the left that's the issue. It's the complicit right that is enabling him and not holding him accountable. A whole pile of republicans either grovel at his feet or simply plug their ears to his actions and how he provokes discord and gaslights violence and racism.

They refuse to put a true check on him and prove they have a spine. In a two party system, the minority can't do shit. It's on Republicans to clean up their own mess.

All of that is true, but what is weird is how this seems to be counter to what I said when it does not appear to conflict with anything I said except for your very last statement.

Expecting the party that elected Trump to solve all of this is stupid.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
That has me worried, but, its not end of the nation issue. I also think that if they go too far, Judges will be removed. I still believe that they wont put in someone too extreme. But, we will have to see.
Look at Brett, he doesn't think a President can/should be investigated/charged. If Trump takes it to the SC, how do you think it will go if he's confirmed?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Look at Brett, he doesn't think a President can/should be investigated/charged. If Trump takes it to the SC, how do you think it will go if he's confirmed?

I'm not good with names, so who is Brett?

The situation with a president being investigated is tricky. The president has the ability to stop an investigation and many other abilities that seem silly. We will have to see how it plays out if Trump fights.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You do realize the sentence you provided basically is a definition of collusion right?
But there's technically no law against collusion, conspiracy yes, Which is another word for collusion. That's why Trump loves to say there's no collusion.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'm not good with names, so who is Brett?

The situation with a president being investigated is tricky. The president has the ability to stop an investigation and many other abilities that seem silly. We will have to see how it plays out if Trump fights.
Brett Kavanaugh, his SC pick.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I won't say that your prioritization is correct, but I will say that what you highlight is definitely a problem. We need only look at Russian activities to undermine our democracy. That includes drumming up support for more radical left activity. Doing so helps distort our perception of the prevalence of right-wing extremism and normalizes violent resistance. No matter how you slice it, I don't feel that distorted perceptions and normalization of violence are ever good for our country, regardless of the cause they may represent. If a violent action is taken, it ought to be done so with great remorse and weak conviction because reasonable alternatives seem to have failed.

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
But there's technically no law against collusion, conspiracy yes, Which is another word for collusion. That's why Trump loves to say there's no collusion.

It is not only Trump saying collusion, its media, democrats, republicans etc... even the definition you provided.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I won't say that your prioritization is correct, but I will say that what you highlight is definitely a problem. We need only look at Russian activities to undermine our democracy. That includes drumming up support for more radical left activity. Doing so helps distort our perception of the prevalence of right-wing extremism and normalizes violent resistance. No matter how you slice it, I don't feel that distorted perceptions and normalization of violence are ever good for our country, regardless of the cause they may represent. If a violent action is taken, it ought to be done so with great remorse and weak conviction because reasonable alternatives seem to have failed.

So you are not a fan of "punch a Nazi" lol.

People are angry and want vengeance and veil it as justice. Its weird how the Left ignores that Russia stirred their pot as well because it used a much larger spoon for the Right.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Mueller could drop dead tomorrow & it wouldn't matter because Rosenstein would just advance one of the team into the leadership role-

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/politics/meet-the-mueller-team/index.html

All star ball breakers, every one of them.

Killing the opposition does interesting things to those who remain though. Plus it would cement Trump's ego that he could actually get away with killing and still be popular, and that he has the power to issue such an order without losing his job/liberty.

Feb 4, 2009
Tell me, is either side at this point willing to work together? As far as I can tell the answer is no. When Trump is gone, we will need to clean things up. If we are still stuck being split like we seem to be now, I don't see any way forward.

So, I hope that both sides can walk away from their extremes so we can clean things up. You can turn that into whatever you want to imagine, but that seems reasonable to me.

Great way of showing how charged people are though. Proves my point.

Irrelevant to this discussion. Trump called upon his appointed AG to fire the guy who is investigating Trump (whom also is a Republican) there is no both sides to this. The investigation was set up by a republican congress. No more both sides bullshit.
Regarding both sides working together, who knows maybe they will maybe they wont, maybe they'll end up somewhere in the messy middle.
I'd recommend making a new thread to talk about that.

Reactions: esquared

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
bullshit, the extreme right is massive while the extreme left is a small minority.
Absolutely. Tired of the "both sides" bullshit when the overwhelming plurality of extremism belongs to the right.

Can we deal with truth of the disease first and then move on to the cure?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

A minority of people in the country support him. Unfortunately a majority of legislators representing that minority are a majority in Congress. It will take a massive turnover of the legislators in both houses to begin to fix the problems.

Last edited:

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No, it was his opinion which he has written about.

Yes, but, what he said was a legal opinion. He said the same thing in the 90s, 2000, and the same thing now. Its pretty well established actually. It seems silly I know, but its got a solid foundation.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Irrelevant to this discussion. Trump called upon his appointed AG to fire the guy who is investigating Trump (whom also is a Republican) there is no both sides to this. The investigation was set up by a republican congress. No more both sides bullshit.
Regarding both sides working together, who knows maybe they will maybe they wont, maybe they'll end up somewhere in the messy middle.
I'd recommend making a new thread to talk about that.

If you want to totally ignore what I said then you can do so. It seems weird to do so.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Yes, but, what he said was a legal opinion. He said the same thing in the 90s, 2000, and the same thing now. Its pretty well established actually. It seems silly I know, but its got a solid foundation.
In HIS mind, I'm sure it does, why do you think Trump picked him? Hint... it's his opinion on the matter.