Trump administration ended pandemic early-warning program to detect coronaviruses

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In yet another example President Obama enacts a forward thinking program. Trump gets a hold of it and says, "oh the Negro put this in? Gotta cut it". Not unlike...

pandemic response team
Infectious disease expert embedded in China
Contract to maintain the US stockpile of ventilators

All enacted by Obama, cut or allowed to lapse by Trump

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's just Trump doing what he can to compete with Obama's legacy whereby if you can't beat somebody by outperforming them in every way you simply erase everything you can't outdo about that person, which just so happens to be everything that person (Obama) had accomplished while in office.

History abounds with examples of tyrants destroying every single scrap of physical and memorial evidence of the leaders they replaced so they didn't have to compete with their predecessor's storied legacies.

Trump, himself a proven tyrant beyond reproach, is simply repeating history in his own childish, spiteful, arrogant, petulant and moronic kind of way.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Remember when Trump said "nobody could possible see this coming. Guess what, another lie. members of his own administration researched for 2 years and met in 2018 to talk about...
Just a month before the first coronavirus cases emerged in China, a two-year CSIS commission, which included six members of Congress, health experts, and former U.S. and military officials warned that they were “sounding the alarm that the U.S. government is caught in a cycle of crisis and complacency” when it came to preparing the country for a pandemic. As its very first recommendation, the commission urged the White House to restore health security leadership at the NSC.

“Health security is national security,” they wrote. “Strong, coherent, senior-level leadership at the NSC is essential to guarantee effective oversight of global health security and biodefense policy and spending, speed and rigor in decision making, and reliable White House engagement and coordination when dangerous pandemics inevitably strike.”

Here;'s what Dr. Fauci said about Trump disbanding the pandemic response team
“We worked very well with that office,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Congress on March 11. “It would be nice if the office was still there.”

Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yeh I like it when Bolton described the hatchet job they did on the early warning program as "streamlining". I've seen Repub hacks use the same ploy when they wanted to get rid of folks who stood in the way of their efforts at corrupting federal agencies into Corporate outposts so the Repub's could have instant access to their in-house corporate sponsors shielded from public scrutiny.

In this regard, the corruptors that got booted out when the Bush/Cheney White House Conglomerate got their pink slips were given a chance for a repeat performance exacerbated by a POTUS who made corruption and "cheating the system" in order to "level the playing field" a way of life.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Some Alabama Black Snake must have plowed Melania... or Ivanka. His hate for Obama is pretty unnatural.

It was from that Corespondents' Dinner where Obama eviscerated Trump. You could literally see steam coming from Trump's ears. It also gave us this:
4797f32159e8c26b1f62b00f254ede1d.gif

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Some of you retro grade ejaculating incels are sure jealous of her and full of hate. :D

I do hate them. I can not deny that. Horrible people in every sense of the word. That was my whole anti-Trump rant and plea to my Republican friends before he even won the GOP nomination - if you strip away all the politics and policies and just look at the person themselves, he is an asshole. We've known that for 40 years. He'll he reveled in it for 40 years.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I do hate them. I can not deny that. Horrible people in every sense of the word. That was my whole anti-Trump rant and plea to my Republican friends before he even won the GOP nomination - if you strip away all the politics and policies and just look at the person themselves, he is an asshole. We've known that for 40 years. He'll he reveled in it for 40 years.

Don't forget he played a savvy businessman on TV. Some formed their opinion based the character.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Although its the same net result, he didnt cancel it. He just didnt renew it.

Anyway. Isnt this old news? Didnt we know this 3 months ago?

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
...Anyway. Isnt this old news? Didnt we know this 3 months ago?

And if isn't pushed in front of everyone regularly, they will forget how this administration failed us. The point of bringing up "old" news is to remind everyone that elections have consequences so when faced with the choice, the people may make a better choice next time.

Elect a dumbass>dumbass dismantles critical agencies>people die.

Forgotten history will be repeated and all that.

We can hope it gets through thick skulls and sticks this time.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And if isn't pushed in front of everyone regularly, they will forget how this administration failed us. The point of bringing up "old" news is to remind everyone that elections have consequences so when faced with the choice, the people may make a better choice next time.

Elect a dumbass>dumbass dismantles critical agencies>people die.

Forgotten history will be repeated and all that.

We can hope it gets through thick skulls and sticks this time.
Yep, never forget.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Donald has done horrible evil fucked up shit every day since he was elected. In fact he does so many horrible things every single day its difficult for one person to keep track of it all. Even when he's out golfing (more than any president in history) he usually makes time to say something fucked up to the news, or on twitter.
I sincerely hope a group of people somewhere is logging all his activities and comes out with a huge documentary right before the election this November. They don't even have to promote conspiracy theories. Just remind everyone of all the shit we know for a fact he did in four years. It would probably be shocking to those who were sleeping this whole time.
And it needs to be EVERYTHING. All his crap in one giant report. Don't give his paladins at Fox News time to slowly deny or minimize each action, one at a time, in order. It needs to be a deluge of bullshit, right back in Donald's face.
Also if somebody could do something similar for all the bullshit Fox News ever spewed, that would be wonderful too. Too many Americans blindly follow Fox even when they aren't blindly following Donald.

Reactions: tweaker2

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Some Alabama Black Snake must have plowed Melania... or Ivanka. His hate for Obama is pretty unnatural.

You didn't know?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
You didn't know?

Didn't trump take a stab at running back in 2000?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
oh cmon, we saved $200M! just ignore the $2T stimulus package of course. it's not like an ounce of prevention is worth....(does math)..10,000 lbs of cure.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
It was from that Corespondents' Dinner where Obama eviscerated Trump. You could literally see steam coming from Trump's ears. It also gave us this:
4797f32159e8c26b1f62b00f254ede1d.gif
Ive posted that factoid multiple times, here.
It is where the orange menace developed his woody for President Obama.
For those of you that have never seen it, here it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homerboy