Discussion Trump 2024

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wasn't there a study that confirmed somewhere around 39% of Covid patients that were hospitalized die from complications within 5 months or so?
Presumably this is counting those who die in the hospital, but that means COVID deaths in the US are closer to 700,000. That seems high but I guess not impossible.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
His base is enough to win the primary. I agree it’s not remotely enough to win the general.
I have hope, certainly, and some confidence that enough of the American electorate found the Capitol desecration distasteful enough to insure a Trump loss in 2024. But I don't want him to run, much less get the GOP nomination. It's not good for national morale. He's all about sowing division, he won't stop doing that, he can't stop. He's a hell-snatched demagogue.

Reactions: jman19

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have hope, certainly, and some confidence that enough of the American electorate found the Capitol desecration distasteful enough to insure a Trump loss in 2024. But I don't want him to run, much less get the GOP nomination. It's not good for national morale. He's all about sowing division, he won't stop doing that, he can't stop. He's a hell-snatched demagogue.
Yes, I think he could win the GOP primary and I think the lesson of 2016 is that the nominee of either major party has at least a puncher’s chance to win.

That being said, if he couldn’t beat Biden when most people approved of the economy and he used every single lever of power he had to rig the election in his favor and still lost his odds of winning against Biden in 2024 are pretty bad.

Reactions: hal2kilo

jonwilliam

Feb 14, 2021
I don't see a chance of him becoming the President of the United States ever again.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't see a change of him becoming the President of the United States ever again.
It does seem unlikely, very unlikely. Still, I hate to see him getting airtime and ink. To me, he's repulsive... always. Actually, I find Republicans almost uniformly repulsive.

Welcome to Anandtech Forums, @jonwilliam.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Presumably this is counting those who die in the hospital, but that means COVID deaths in the US are closer to 700,000. That seems high but I guess not impossible.
No this was after being released from the hospital.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
What Trump does/can do in 2024 all depends on Joe Biden and what Biden does/will do. Biden needs to grow the jobs or at least keep unemployment down. Joe Biden MUST come thru with that 3rd stimulus package. If under Trump Americans got $1200 then $600, and Biden promised $1400 but comes up with nothing, in that case say hello to Trump 2024 and to Mitch McConnell come 2022. I worry about the democrats when to comes to stuff like a 3rd package, democrats tend to shot themselves in the foot. Lets just see if Nancy Pelosi's fist pounding over getting Americans the help that she herself claimed America needed, lets see if she comes through. And lets see if Joe Biden's success with promising that $1400 comes into reality and remains as $1400 and not another $600 or $300 or down to Taco Bell coupons. So we'll see if it was the republicans causing the problems with covid relief of the past, or if it was indeed the democrats. Or both.

As for Covid, I would say that Joe Biden has the huge advantage due to the vaccine, but if the so called covid variants prove this round of vaccines to be useless then Donald Trump could use that to his advantage. I hope I don't need to mention this, but if I were the Biden administration and because of the emerging covid variants, I would make sure that the pharmaceuticals have already began manufacturing the covid variants booster-shot that will be necessary. After all, if the current vaccines are not effective against the new variants then everyone will need another shot. And the pharmaceuticals will need to repeat that multimillion vaccine rollout all over again to address the covid variants. And they need to get this process down pat for the future yet unknown covid variants. Rolling out millions of doses at the drop of a hat. Like winning WWII over and over or landing a man on the moon not one time but ten times a year.

SO there is a lot of room for Joe Biden to excel as president, and there could be a massive gap opening up for Donald Trump to reemerge back into his goal as der fuhrer. Stay tuned.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Okay, if this is true, it might prevent a 2024 run. Increasingly obvious dementia isn't going to play well on the campaign trail
I think Donald J. Trump was pretty far along on the dementia curve in 2016. He's further along now, of course. He's also got 74 million Americans hornswaggled and unable to see what's right in front of their eyes or understand what they're hearing. We are in a fucking pickle. At least he lost. LOST! LOST!

Reactions: lsrx101

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Okay, if this is true, it might prevent a 2024 run. Increasingly obvious dementia isn't going to play well on the campaign trail
It will be confirmed when Trump denies it, just like Sean Spicer and all the others were doing a great job at the Whitehouse 😛

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

He's had increasingly obvious dementia for the last 5 years. His people don't care, and the GQP clearly don't care, either.

Reactions: thilanliyan

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

“Dour”? “Sullen”? “Espouse”? Trump has obviously hired someone to write his rants for him. The old Twitter Trump would have just called him a disaster and a low-energy loser.

Mitch you fucking coward, if you were going to piss him off anyway, why not just lower the boom on him. Trump does NOT reward partial loyalty. Or even party loyalty for that matter. He craves complete personal loyalty to him. If you are disloyal to him for one single day or one single task that he considers important, he will send a mob to murder you. Kiss his ass all you want, he never forgives and he never forgets. And now Mitch has been named and shamed as an Enemy of the People (Finally, something I can agree with Trump about!). So he is subject to the exact same fate he would have suffered if he actually did something about Trump and all he has done is pissed away his chance.

I'm assuming Mitch was under the apparently common delusion that he was too important/powerful to be thrown under the bus. He was wrong. There is no one too important/powerful for Trump to try to throw under a bus. But I think Mitch knew this was coming. Mitch could have seen Trump convicted and stripped of the ability to run for office very easily. But he blew it, because he didn’t want the Republicans to own up to the monstrous thing they had spawned. He valued short term holding to power and influence over the long term interest of both the party and himself. Conviction in the Senate, even if just “political theater”, would have made it easier for both civil and criminal trials to proceed. Acquittal will not help those efforts. And it’s made the entire concept of impeachment a fucking joke.

Reactions: zinfamous

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

It's true that Trump is a dumbfuck who can't remember/follow 2 consecutive thoughts. But Bannon wants him house speaker.

• Wow
Reactions: NTMBK

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
A love letter from Donald to Mitch

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump convinced 70+ millions of folks that living in an alt reality where a person can have the best of the fake one and the real one too is doable until some party poopers told them they can't have their fake cake and eat it too.

Of course the fake cake eaters will call bullshit on that because in their fake reality, being a racist is being a fine person and believing that living in a fascist state to get your way all the time while also living in and enjoying the fruits of a democracy is what liberty and justice is all about.

This is what Trump scammed a whole lot of folks into believing. This is what he's still offering them, now and well into our future election cycles. His followers liked that they could have their fake cake and roll around in it as do pigs in a sty knee deep in mud, never mind that the guy who provided the muddy sty is fattening them up for slaughter.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The political theater here is, well, astounding. Demented, well, yeah, he's been demented all along. Followers? To me they are legend, I don't live where his followers do. It's way to integrated here. I go out the door and I might hear any of a dozen languages and that's an understatement. White supremacy is a joke here. A WS would be one frustrated SOB.

Novel idea there, run DJT for congress, carry the house in 2022 and have him impeach Joe Biden. What has become of America? I mean, look.. Joe's not one month into his administration. The world would look at America and say we're pissing in our pants stupid.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
LOL@ Sean Hannity and Fox and Friends portraying a "parade" for Trump in Palm Beach Monday as "spontaneous, unplanned, organic" etc. when the event was completely astro-turfed and was all over social media for days with evites being sent out.

Then again, this sort of lie probably occurs about once every 15 minutes on Fox News.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
He'll be fatter, more unhealthy and even uglier by 2024. Don't discount how much GOP voters care about macho "energy" (Latinos supported Trump vs Biden far more than expected and that was one reason they listed.) Hillary getting the flu or whatever she got was a big deal with the Trumpers I knew. He's no spring chicken, and I already think he has some kind of mental issue going on, going by his nonsensical ramblings when he goes off script. Younger Trump didn't talk like that at all.

The big worry is minorities throwing more support toward him than I ever believed possible. Kind of like roaches voting for Raid but whatever.

Is Harris going to be the 2024 Dem candidate for sure? While there are still many mouthbreathing shitheads that wouldn't vote for a woman even among Democrat supporters, she doesn't have a history of being the literal devil among the GOP voters like Hillary did. She's younger and more energetic than Hillary or Biden and that is a plus.

I think if an Obama had run in 2020 he would have absolutely destroyed Trump. Biden was a poor candidate (not to me personally, I think the people a President hires is far more important than the position itself, assuming they let them do the job with some autonomy unlike Trump.)

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The big worry is minorities throwing more support toward him than I ever believed possible. Kind of like roaches voting for Raid but whatever.

This is being a bit overplayed. Sure, Trump got ~30% of the Hispanic vote. Bush got ~43% in 2004. Trump has a certain machismo appeal with Hispanic men, but Bush was able to do far better by simply moderating his immigration stance. There are plenty of socially conservative Hispanics who do not vote republican because of their hardline stance on immigration. I suspect Trump has reached the ceiling without moderating his stance which he will never do.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
He'll be fatter, more unhealthy and even uglier by 2024. Don't discount how much GOP voters care about macho "energy" (Latinos supported Trump vs Biden far more than expected and that was one reason they listed.) Hillary getting the flu or whatever she got was a big deal with the Trumpers I knew. He's no spring chicken, and I already think he has some kind of mental issue going on, going by his nonsensical ramblings when he goes off script. Younger Trump didn't talk like that at all.

Is Harris going to be the 2024 Dem candidate for sure? While there are still many mouthbreathing shitheads that wouldn't vote for a woman even among Democrat supporters, she doesn't have a history of being the literal devil among the GOP voters like Hillary did. She's younger and more energetic than Hillary or Biden and that is a plus.

I think if an Obama had run in 2020 he would have absolutely destroyed Trump. Biden was a poor candidate (not to me personally, I think the people a President hires is far more important than the position itself, assuming they let them do the job with some autonomy unlike Trump.)

It's not impossible that Biden will run again.