Discussion Trump 2024

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

That would certainly complicate things in 2024. Trump on the Patriot ticket, Harris on the Democrat, and who on the Republican one... Cruz? Hawley? Going to be a weird one, if Trump goes through with it.
Oh please do.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
He stole from charities, do the people still contributing not understand they are helping him pay off his staggering personal debt. And he is going to need all the money he can get from these suckers....
Forbes says he owes more than the ~400 million he claims, actually something like 1 billion. But Forbes also says his estimated assets are ~3.5 billion, so 2.5 billion net worth. They detail it considerably in the linked article. How accurate it is, I cannot say. There's uncertainty involved in many of the assets, loans.

I suppose what happens for T going forward financially depends a lot on how robust the revenues are, how much he's trashed his brand or burnished it. Myself I've never paid a penny for anything involved with him knowingly and won't going forward.
Oh please do.
I have to figure that T starting a political party would mainly have the net effect of siphoning off support from the Repubs, so yeah, all in all a benficial thing for America.

Reactions: Lezunto

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That would certainly complicate things in 2024. Trump on the Patriot ticket, Harris on the Democrat, and who on the Republican one... Cruz? Hawley? Going to be a weird one, if Trump goes through with it.
Wow... Harris grew up about a mile from where I am right now. She'll be the first female VP in about 6 hours. Pres Harris?! I'm all for it. :D

Ya know, it's still possible McConnell will corral enough Senators to convict the SOB in the White House. But maybe it would be best if he doesn't. Hmm.

I swear, this is all too complicated for me. I read most of an article an hour or two ago in the NY Times about all the pardon's T gave out in the last day, what those people were charged with (and not yet charged with), and etc. etc. It's virtually impossible to comprehend the depth and scope of all that. This unlimited power of the president to pardon people is horrible. Where in the hell did that come from?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezunto

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Wow... Harris grew up about a mile from where I am right now. She'll be VP in about 6 hours. Pres Harris?! I'm all for it. :D

Ya know, it's still possible McConnell will corral enough Senators to convict the SOB in the White House. But maybe it would be best if he doesn't. Hmm.

I swear, this is all too complicated for me. I read most of an article an hour or two ago in the NY Times about all the pardon's T gave out in the last day, what those people were charged with (and not yet charged with), and etc. etc. It's virtually impossible to comprehend the depth and scope of all that. This unlimited power of the president to pardon people is horrible. Where in the hell did that come from?

Alexander Hamilton (under a pseudonym) wrote about it back in the day: https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed74.asp

Reactions: Muse

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Forbes says he owes more than the ~400 million he claims, actually something like 1 billion. But Forbes also says his estimated assets are ~3.5 billion, so 2.5 billion net worth. They detail it considerably in the linked article. How accurate it is, I cannot say. There's uncertainty involved in many of the assets, loans.

I suppose what happens for T going forward financially depends a lot on how robust the revenues are, how much he's trashed his brand or burnished it. Myself I've never paid a penny for anything involved with him knowingly and won't going forward.
I have to figure that T starting a political party would mainly have the net effect of siphoning off support from the Repubs, so yeah, all in all a benficial thing for America.
Is that net worth based off actual value, or Trump's inflated value?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Is that net worth based off actual value, or Trump's inflated value?
Presumably actual value. You'll have to read Forbes' account, decide for yourself. I wondered the same thing and decided that Forbes, being a publication whose readers are presumably interested in business, many what might be termed "business people," there may be a bias toward overstating the actual value and not regarding assets with an unbiased eye. Yeah, that was my thought while reading it.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Wow... Harris grew up about a mile from where I am right now. She'll be the first female VP in about 6 hours. Pres Harris?! I'm all for it. :D

This is what I was saying in the other thread. Now that Trump is out he remains a big problem...for republicans. No idea why democrats are so excited to impeach him again since it will just unify the republicans again against the 'evil' dems. It made sense the first time, he was doing a lot of damage and it got everyone on record that they supported him. Now though? He's out. Unless impeachment can undo his appointments it seems like it has no real benefit. Now the republicans want him gone so they can have their cake and eat it too, make them clean their own house for once. Trump doesn't care about the republican party or its goals, he just wants to campaign and get money from suckers. So running a party that gets 20% of the vote and never wins would probably be fine for him.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
This is what I was saying in the other thread. Now that Trump is out he remains a big problem...for republicans. No idea why democrats are so excited to impeach him again since it will just unify the republicans again against the 'evil' dems. It made sense the first time, he was doing a lot of damage and it got everyone on record that they supported him. Now though? He's out. Unless impeachment can undo his appointments it seems like it has no real benefit. Now the republicans want him gone so they can have their cake and eat it too, make them clean their own house for once. Trump doesn't care about the republican party or its goals, he just wants to campaign and get money from suckers. So running a party that gets 20% of the vote and never wins would probably be fine for him.
You can't incite an insurrection with 0 consequences

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

The man is a threat to both the USA and the world, and he should be barred from ever holding office again. Fuck the political games.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

If they actually succeeded in getting a Senate conviction, that would divide Republicans, not unify them, as many desperately want Trumps base to support them, and will fight to stop the conviction.

Conviction also means Trump loses his ex-President perks, like free Security for life, paid for with taxpayer money, which Trump will no doubt milk by making security pay enormous rent in his buildings.

It's also about justice and sending a clear message, that Trump was a treasonous piece of shit. Some people have actually argued against impeachment, since it would anger his supporters more, but the IMO, the opposite is true. Whenever Trump gets justice for his crimes, he loses more of his supporters, as they see him for the criminal that he really is.

Reactions: Muse and Fenixgoon

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Lol, Brad Parscale wants Trump to run again with the AIM OF BEING IMPEACHED. This is what we get if the Republicans keep letting him off lightly.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
One of the most prominent questions that you will be asked on a clearance application is "Have you ever advocated for the overthrow of the United States government". Just saying.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
One of the most prominent questions that you will be asked on a clearance application is "Have you ever advocated for the overthrow of the United States government". Just saying.

Shit, Trump ticks off pretty much all of the boxes you don't want to.

Unquestioned allegiance? lol
Criminal conduct? Plenty
Financial liability concerns? Yup
Foreign Influence? Gobs of it round the back
Sexual behavior of a criminal nature? You just say bingo.

Congress needs to bolster demagogue protections, oversight, implement some kind of legislation that mandates any candidate for CiC go through a decent vetting process. We cannot afford to have another mentally unfit foreign asset in the White House. Whatever civic sabotage he couldn't see through the first time will be picked up again, I think we all know that. Something has to be done, we can't just act like the danger doesn't exist, not after 1/6/21.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Lets hope SDNY starts with its criminal complaints as well

Its going to be a busy season for the orange menace. I wonder if he can find some lawyers to work for him.
Who wants to work for the greater than 50% chance you won't get paid.

In Georgia, a New District Attorney Starts Circling Trump and His Allies

Looks like they're going after Leningrad lindsey as well.

"She and her office have indicated that the investigation will include Sen. Lindsey Graham’s phone call to Raffensperger in November about mail-in ballots; the abrupt removal last month of Byung J. Pak, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, who earned Trump’s enmity for not advancing his debunked assertions about election fraud; and the false claims that Rudy Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, made before state legislative committees. "

Last edited:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Lets hope SDNY starts with its criminal complaints as well

Its going to be a busy season for the orange menace. I wonder if he can find some lawyers to work for him.
Who wants to work for the greater than 50% chance you won't get paid.

In Georgia, a New District Attorney Starts Circling Trump and His Allies

Looks like they're going after Leningrad lindsey as well.

"She and her office have indicated that the investigation will include Sen. Lindsey Graham’s phone call to Raffensperger in November about mail-in ballots; the abrupt removal last month of Byung J. Pak, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, who earned Trump’s enmity for not advancing his debunked assertions about election fraud; and the false claims that Rudy Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, made before state legislative committees. "

I'm not convinced even a criminal conviction will deter his base.

Reactions: jman19

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah but who cares about his base? They aren’t enough to win, as evidenced by 2020.
Well, that's fundamental. But as we saw in 2016, assuming he'll lose is risky. Besides, even if he runs and loses in 2024 we'll have to SUFFER his run. I don't know about you, but I want to hear as little about and from him as possible. Also, his riling up his base will only further dumb down the American public. We know that. That's not a good thing.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yeah but who cares about his base? They aren’t enough to win, as evidenced by 2020.
If the base shows up to a heavily gerrymandered election where Trump is no longer on the ballot, then that might be, though.

2022 and 24 are going to be interesting, Trump or not. I hope congress passes major voting reforms as one of its highest priorities this year.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If the base shows up to a heavily gerrymandered election where Trump is no longer on the ballot, then that might be, though.

2022 and 24 are going to be interesting, Trump or not. I hope congress passes major voting reforms as one of its highest priorities this year.
I guess I just don’t get the obsession with Trump’s base. He spent all his time appealing to them and in exchange republicans lost everything.

Yes, Republicans have huge structural biases in their favor, which sucks. That’s true independent of Trump’s base though, and really the Trumpier the next election is, probably the worse for Republicans.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I guess I just don’t get the obsession with Trump’s base. He spent all his time appealing to them and in exchange republicans lost everything.

Yes, Republicans have huge structural biases in their favor, which sucks. That’s true independent of Trump’s base though, and really the Trumpier the next election is, probably the worse for Republicans.

His base already attacked the Capitol once already. If he spends the next 3 years helping them the election was stolen, then what do you think happens when he loses in 2024?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His base already attacked the Capitol once already. If he spends the next 3 years helping them the election was stolen, then what do you think happens when he loses in 2024?
The attack is immediately crushed and everyone goes to prison. The attack on the Capitol happened because:

1) leadership was complacent and didn’t think it could happen - that’s not going to happen in 2024. The place is (sadly) going to be a fortress.

2) in 2020 law enforcement was under the direction of the person leading the attempted coup. Clearly not the case now.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Wasn't there a study that confirmed somewhere around 39% of Covid patients that were hospitalized die from complications within 5 months or so?