Discussion Trump 2024

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I'm thinking if he loses the cult will melt away rapidly. After all there were very few admittedly Nazis in Germany at the end of WWII-they were all secretly opposed to Hitler.

Of course he will still be nonstop blathering.

That's assuming the cult members believe that he lost. If the hardcore nutters (the kind who vote in primaries) believe that the election was stolen and that Trump rightfully won, he's not a loser in their eyes.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
When I saw this thread I thought it was just the new title for the discussion of the current election, on the basis of the idea that it would take till 2024 for them to finish counting the votes.

Why doesn't Nevada get out of bed and GTF on with it?
(I'm taking it as a given that Pennsylvania will never finish the job).

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and NTMBK

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Last edited:

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
I doubt it will happen for a couple reasons
1) trumps age - he will be 78 by then
2) the "magic" of trump will have faded significantly over the course of 4 years. It takes a sizable amount of energy to be in a cult and I suspect many people will start realizing how bad he is. The whole "hindsight is 20/20" thing
3) he is likely to be mired in a ton of litigation and felony charges. I believe there are many people eyeing the election results for this
4) post-removal of office, Trump is going to make himself look dumber with the Tweet storms that are sure to follow.
5) Melania is probably already eyeing her escape

I am sure there is more, but once out, I sincerely doubt the Republicans will want him back. He would be more baggage than he is worth.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
2) the "magic" of trump will have faded significantly over the course of 4 years. It takes a sizable amount of energy to be in a cult and I suspect many people will start realizing how bad he is. The whole "hindsight is 20/20" thing
3) he is likely to be mired in a ton of litigation and felony charges. I believe there are many people eyeing the election results for this
4) post-removal of office, Trump is going to make himself look dumber with the Tweet storms that are sure to follow.

I am sure there is more, but once out, I sincerely doubt the Republicans will want him back. He would be more baggage than he is worth.

It would be amusing to see the mental gymnastics of backing a 78-year-old Trump when conservatives claimed that a 77-year-old Biden was too far gone... especially when Trump is already pathologically insane. That is, assuming he survives to 78 given his health habits. I'm half-expecting him to get COVID-19 again.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
"I got all these idiots buying Trump merchandise and now its a major source of income. He's probably gonna lose and I'm going to go out of business as of November. How can I milk this Trump things after November.?
I know...Trump 2024!!! MOre merchandise. !!! More rallies!! More parades!!. If Trump dies, then we'll just paste Ivanka or one of his sons onto the his face"

Trump 2024 merchandise has already started circulating and has been for weeks as the trumptard merchandise industry assumed that their cash cow of Trump idiots would disappear due to the likelihood of Trump losing.

Trump has spent the bulk of his presidency accumulating photos for his merchandise. All those ridiculous photo-ops are for post presidency souvenir shops and website. When he is out of the White House and has full control of his echo chamber...
I fear for your drunk uncle and your "I don't need no college...I got street smarts!!" friends

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
It would be amusing to see the mental gymnastics of backing a 78-year-old Trump when conservatives claimed that a 77-year-old Biden was too far gone... especially when Trump is already pathologically insane. That is, assuming he survives to 78 given his health habits. I'm half-expecting him to get COVID-19 again.

When has any thing modern conservatives bitched about actually been genuine?

Reactions: Hayabusa Rider

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
He doesn’t want to be president now, so why would he want to be president later?

His narcissism can’t handle the negativity of being president so I see very little desire from him to be president again.

The rallies though... those feed his ego tremendously so I’m sure he’ll figure out a reason to keep doing them.
This. The rallies. Just like he did in 2017, he'll announce his re-election well before it's necessary, just so he can hold rallies and collect donations while getting free SS security. Plus he'll get to hold events at his presidential museum and not pay anything for that either since he'll have the campaign pick up the dime. All this will be constantly covered on OAN because without him their network is irrelevant so they'll probably kick back ad dollars to him.

Jail will be the only thing that will stop him.

Reactions: pauldun170

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Jail will be the only thing that will stop him.

This is something to think about in greater depth.

Given:
Trump has committed felonies in NY at the very least and has shown himself as a national security risk and a supporter of Putin with his standing up for him and abusing our intel agencies.

Trump owes DB, the Putin controlled bank upwards of half a billion and Putin does not suffer failures well. Trump would be wise to fear him. Consequently, Trump may try to offset his debt with information that would be harmful to the US, but beneficial to Vlad and so limited outside communication would be in the best national interest. Further his chances of fomenting insurrection must be taken as a serious possibility and that is another reason that public speech is curtailed. Felons who are risks to national security are already taken into consideration with the Patriot Act and more, Republican creations.

Trump is also at extreme risk in a prison population His long term survival even with Secret Service protection is problematic at best.

The only way to address all these issues is for Trump to be isolated in the highest security prison in their most secure solitary location.

The Secret Service can stand watch over him and visitors would be one vetted attorney and conjugal visits. All visitors would have all electronic devices removed and only the attorney access to pad and pencil with the pages and pencils accounted for after the visit.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

The bolded.

Reactions: Ajay
Feb 4, 2009

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'll grant Trump this. He had plenty of energy to campaign like a madman this year. He was still charismatic. For people that are into narcissists.
But that won't possibly be true 4 years later. Too damn old. No one escapes age.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
"I got all these idiots buying Trump merchandise and now its a major source of income. He's probably gonna lose and I'm going to go out of business as of November. How can I milk this Trump things after November.?
I know...Trump 2024!!! MOre merchandise. !!! More rallies!! More parades!!. If Trump dies, then we'll just paste Ivanka or one of his sons onto the his face"

Trump 2024 merchandise has already started circulating and has been for weeks as the trumptard merchandise industry assumed that their cash cow of Trump idiots would disappear due to the likelihood of Trump losing.

Trump has spent the bulk of his presidency accumulating photos for his merchandise. All those ridiculous photo-ops are for post presidency souvenir shops and website. When he is out of the White House and has full control of his echo chamber...
I fear for your drunk uncle and your "I don't need no college...I got street smarts!!" friends
I had to check. Holyshit.
Apparently if you care about the law and is outraged that someone install themselves as leader in violation of the constitution you're a "snowflake"..
1604606608153.png

Last edited:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Trump might run in the primaries but remember Tucker is up next... Get your T-shirt and coffee mugs now.

gettyimages-1052714840_0.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He could technically... if he isn't in prison by that point, and his base hasn't shrunk after realizing that competent, ethical politicians are actually much better.

lol!

His base will never think that.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
Oh those crooked Republicans will resurrect him from the dead when they want to seek higher office. They will need that big mouth of his to get them votes. Trump will keep himself alive if he is not in jail or walking with a cane! He'll be around. The GOP is going to do whatever it can to keep him from being prosecuted. No wonder Trump is playing with the election. He knows what's coming ahead. It won't work!

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
If Trump loses in 2020, I think he's going to run again. Spend two years shouting about how the election was a fraud and suing the pants off the Democrats, refusing to ever admit that he lost, get his base whipped up into a righteous frenzy, and then win the Republican primary again.

Hell, he could even win the general election. If Biden has to spend 4 years cleaning up Trump's mess, the economy is probably still going to be in the shitter.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can run for office from prison.

Besides, I expect Trump will be a little too busy to consider it.

Trump Jail.gif

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous