Discussion Trump 2024

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Should BIden not complete his term, I think if folks do their research, you'll find that the Democrats are a bit nervous about Kamala running against a Republican, even Trump. I agree with them. She hasn't shown anything to be impressed with, her staffers say negative things about her and I know how she "worked" her way up the political ladder, from way back in the day. She is only VP because Biden chose her to run. On her own, she ran a weak race for POTUS. She'd fail again. All I'm saying is if Trump can run, Harris would be the perfect storm that elects him again. I'm looking for a female Republican candidate....not Palin.

put up or shutup with that misogynistic bullshit.

i'll run it through my consipracy theorist translator...computing... "i'm jealous a woman, no less a black/indian woman, is more accomplished than i am in life, and rather acknowledge her achievements for what they are, i will use the most baseless, denigrating, and unfounded claims to delegitimize her achievements"

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Should BIden not complete his term, I think if folks do their research, you'll find that the Democrats are a bit nervous about Kamala running against a Republican, even Trump. I agree with them. She hasn't shown anything to be impressed with, her staffers say negative things about her and I know how she "worked" her way up the political ladder, from way back in the day. She is only VP because Biden chose her to run. On her own, she ran a weak race for POTUS. She'd fail again. All I'm saying is if Trump can run, Harris would be the perfect storm that elects him again. I'm looking for a female Republican candidate....not Palin.
One again you prove yourself to be an "elite" member. That status should be revoked for shit posts like yours.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Indus

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
nah his decision is either:
I am running again so I can take all that sweet PAC money and not spend any of it on a campaign to win
or
My decision is to decide later...

It's this one. Nothing definitive will be said. It will be some whining after the last couple of day's events with his serious criming and serious charges....which is just delay tactics to gauge his audience and get a read on his value.

He can't possibly set his price right now, by declaring either way. He needs another week or two to gauge the mood of the sheep. SDNY set him back a bit, and he knows it. He's potentially liable for uh, whatever loans Deutsche Bank still has out on him (I think the only known, ~legitimate loaning agency, right, that still owns Trump?).

Trump isn't worried about his Russian loans coming due. I mean, he's still super valuable to them, whatever he owes them. They all know that. Putin fucking loves this guy, and there really is no other greater gift in the world, for a guy like Putin (the unofficial-but-really-we-all-know-it's-official, wealthiest human to ever live), than Donald Fucking Trump. I mean, just fucking look at it.

The dude owns a former US president, to sit their and clown about and destroy his enemy from within. Those that don't get it, weren't alive in the 90s, or too fucking stupid to recall Yeltsin, and exactly what he did to Russia, in the mind of Putin, and exactly what brought Putin to power. Exactly the same fucking thing.

Trump is Putin's bitter forcing of his "Yeltsin moment," back into the throats of the United States, that he blames for "Yeltsining his country." If you don't understand that, then you're fucking illiterate. There is no other thing.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It's this one. Nothing definitive will be said. It will be some whining after the last couple of day's events with his serious criming and serious charges....which is just delay tactics to gauge his audience and get a read on his value.

He can't possibly set his price right now, by declaring either way. He needs another week or two to gauge the mood of the sheep. SDNY set him back a bit, and he knows it. He's potentially liable for uh, whatever loans Deutsche Bank still has out on him (I think the only known, ~legitimate loaning agency, right, that still owns Trump?).

Trump isn't worried about his Russian loans coming due. I mean, he's still super valuable to them, whatever he owes them. They all know that. Putin fucking loves this guy, and there really is no other greater gift in the world, for a guy like Putin (the unofficial-but-really-we-all-know-it's-official, wealthiest human to ever live), than Donald Fucking Trump. I mean, just fucking look at it.

The dude owns a former US president, to sit their and clown about and destroy his enemy from within. Those that don't get it, weren't alive in the 90s, or too fucking stupid to recall Yeltsin, and exactly what he did to Russia, in the mind of Putin, and exactly what brought Putin to power. Exactly the same fucking thing.

Trump is Putin's bitter forcing of his "Yeltsin moment," back into the throats of the United States, that he blames for "Yeltsining his country." If you don't understand that, then you're fucking illiterate. There is no other thing.

I dunno, really, hadn't thought about it deeply enough, I guess.

What has struck me is that Putin inherited the imperial presidential power that was initially accrued by Yeltsin, along with the Russian nationalism and desire to dominate the former Soviet region that was also a major Yeltsin characteristic. In that respect Yeltsin marked a break with the at least nominal 'internationalism' of his Soviet (rather than Russian) predecessors (though I guess Putin doesn't share Yeltsin's embarrassing alcoholism).

And one key moment in Yeltsin gaining that power was when he had tanks shell the Russian parliament - an act that the US at the time supported. The attack on the Capitol seemed like a faint echo of that event (fortunately without tanks).

Not sure who is taking revenge on who, though. Seems to me, Putin has cause to be grateful to the US as they helped pave his road to power.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The guy across the street finally took down his Trump flag and hoisted his new F’ Biden flag. It’s a small step in the right direction. It shows that he is keeping up with current events.
The guy took down the F' Biden flag and replaced it with the stars and bars. I guess he has admitted defeat.

How the Confederate battle flag came to represent rural white-trash support for a New York City real estate developer is going to leave future historians scratching their heads.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The guy took down the F' Biden flag and replaced it with the stars and bars. I guess he has admitted defeat.

How the Confederate battle flag came to represent rural white-trash support for a New York City real estate developer is going to leave future historians scratching their heads.
I'm already scratching my head as to how Obama won, twice. The seething hate and racism on display that bubbled to the top when dump decided to run is way, way worse than I ever thought possible.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm already scratching my head as to how Obama won, twice. The seething hate and racism on display that bubbled to the top when dump decided to run is way, way worse than I ever thought possible.
Young people bothered to vote in 2008 and 2012. It's not like Obama voters threw in with Trump; they didn't bother voting at all. when it was Clinton vs Trump younger voters were like one Boomer vs another Boomer yet again, who cares?

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll put up a Trump 2024 flag soon enough...

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And they will have been made in China.

I'm still wondering how 70+ million people would vote for a guy they wouldn't let their daughters get anywhere near a thousand yards of that perv,.....or would they? Are they that blinded and entranced by the scam he's pulling on them that they'd trust him enough to let their own daughters go out on a date with that morally corrupted scum?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'm still wondering how 70+ million people would vote for a guy they wouldn't let their daughters get anywhere near a thousand yards of that perv,.....or would they? Are they that blinded and entranced by the scam he's pulling on them that they'd trust him enough to let their own daughters go out on a date with that morally corrupted scum?
You don't know rural America. A little date rape is expected. Just boys being boys.

Reactions: Leeea and tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
You don't know rural America. A little date rape is expected. Just boys being boys.

No wonder they look at Trump as being so much like them in so many ways that they'd want him as a role model for their children to follow.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Many of them either don't know about the dozens of sexual harassment claims against Trump or simply don't care.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Many of them either don't know about the dozens of sexual harassment claims against Trump or simply don't care.

Agreed. The level of partisanship being stoked by the Repub leadership among their rank and file has reached a level that would, pre-Trump, be considered bizarre. For the Repubs to rally their loyalist support around a morally and ethically crippled guy like Trump is an amazing thing to behold. Such is their leadership's grip over what their followers see and hear in the media.

They've managed to create their own fascist state within our democracy, akin to a cancer growing within the body politic.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Teenage girls used to scream when they saw the Beatles, but they weren’t in a cult. They were just fans. Cultists are mostly identified by their acceptance of an obvious non-fact. The John Birchers believed that President Eisenhower was a Communist. The Trumpists believe that their Donald won the election. MAGA's yearn for a mythology, a pantheon of gods, superbeings not bound by the rules.

Trump had established his brand before the election, and his followers admire how he breaks all the rules and gets away with his shit. He does what they wish they could do - and made it a consistent trope that the people who insist in playing by the rules and observing the norms are just lame squares and wrong about most things. To them - reality and the truth are "boring". The idea that an all-knowing, all-powerful God-like figure - who not only wants to have a “personal relationship” with them, but is literally singling them out and currying favor on them and their life is extremely intoxicating.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

It's beyond bizarre. And Biden's sagging approval ratings, while somewhat understandable, are also odd.

People that eager to jump back to Trump?

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I was contemplating that call Milley had with the Chinese top brass, mediating, calming, talking down a non zero nuclear end of days probability.
So Trump 2024.
I just cant help but imagine that the Chinese has cooked up all the Pearl Harbors available to them and I just cant help to contemplate what their threshold is. Cause lets face it, China is gonna need one massive first strike to stay in the game.
Wonder about that threshold indeed.

Last edited:

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I'm definitely concerned about Harris beyond her specific qualifications--whether she runs next, or takes over for Biden earlier--simply because there are still WAY too many scared-of-women mouthbreathing morons out there that might otherwise vote Democrat. Sadly a lot of them are minority voters. Look how many hispanics ended up voting for Trump because he was more "macho" than Biden (Trump...macho...Jesus H Christ....asshole bully, sure, but "macho"? Who looks at that flabby coward and thinks "here's a man's man for you"....)

Regarding "Trump 2024", the only good thing about those words is that they follow Trump actually losing an election, and not him doing away with term limits after being reelected. :D

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

Simple. It was people wanting to be a part of American history.
They can say.... HEY, I WAS ALIVE WHEN THE FIRST BLACK MAN WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT. Americans like the idea of being a part American history, yes even a racist republican. And Obama did not have that fear factor so may white Americans fear. Obama's features didn't really look THAT black, and one could imagine Obama as their neighbor next-door, the Obama family was certainly nothing to fear which might not have been the case had Obama raised sons instead of daughters, and the Obama's had a dog. Now WHO wouldn't vote for THAT?

Electing Barack Obama wasn't hard, and it made history by electing a black man certainly within the realm of acceptability and electability. A black man that a white man could live with, or live next door to.