tragedy! my kitten has a paperclip stuck in him!

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: PatboyX
sadness and anxiety fill me.
i must wait until the hour ends for information on my kittens progress.

apparently, he somehow ingested some rubber bands and a paperclip.
the rubber bands came out but he stopped eating and stopped being able to stand up so we took him in for emergency work where they found the paperclip in xray.
WTF?????

stupid cat.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
sadness and anxiety fill me.
i must wait until the hour ends for information on my kittens progress.

apparently, he somehow ingested some rubber bands and a paperclip.
the rubber bands came out but he stopped eating and stopped being able to stand up so we took him in for emergency work where they found the paperclip in xray.
WTF?????

stupid cat.

Hey buddy, don't be so quick to judge. I'm sure a warning label or two saved your life at some point in time. ;)

cirthix

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
gl with the kitten. if a cat doesnt respond to a can of tuna, something is WRONG

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: aidanjm
I hope he is OK. How old is he?

he is about a year old. maybe a bit less.
he is a bit dumb...but he doesnt seem particularly bothered by it.

anno

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
I hope he is OK. How old is he?

he is about a year old. maybe a bit less.
he is a bit dumb...but he doesnt seem particularly bothered by it.

my newer cat is about that age.. about 10 months. that's why I felt qualified to say they're so fun yet still stupid.. because he is both. :)

I really do hope your kitty comes through his surgery OK.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: AU Tiger
Good luck

Pets eat some stupid stuff.

No kidding, we have to keep the tinsel away from them at christmas. Althought it is sort of funny in a sick way to see a piece of tinsel hanging out of their ass.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I thought the kitten had a paperclip stuck on the outside (like a cactus needle) and I was wondering WTF you needed surgery for. Good luck.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: AU Tiger
Good luck

Pets eat some stupid stuff.

No kidding, we have to keep the tinsel away from them at christmas. Althought it is sort of funny in a sick way to see a piece of tinsel hanging out of their ass.
I swear to christ, the dog I had when I was a kid once pooped out a turd that was 90% tinsel one christmas. It was hilarious. That dog would eat anything. He'd get under my parents house and chew through the cable and phone lines.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: sixone
:( Hope he comes thru okay. Does he have a name?

his name is Monster.
(as i thought he was a monster when he first began crying outside my window at 3 am...it sounded like no cat id ever heard before.)

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
are you at the surgery?

no, im at home.

doctor just called.
said that it was good we brought him in. he had some sort of fibrous material with a rubber band wrapped around it that was clogging his intestines. so it was slightly inflamed.
i guess he is doing ok. im going to pick him up in the morning and move him to my regular vet for a day of observation. there is still some things in his large intestine, but they wont touch it if its in there.

thank you all for helping me stay sane while passing the time to hear back on him.