TP Link TL-WN781ND Driver for windows server 2016

onebit

Jan 25, 2018
i recently assembled a server with TP Link TL-WN781ND PCI wireless adapter. But the driver is missing for Windows Server 2016 Std Edition. Can someone please help because windows is not detecting my hardware

onebit

Jan 25, 2018
Any reason you are running a server on wifi, 802.11n at that?

Currently i am connected through ethernet to broadband service and sometimes the service goes off so for an emergency alternative i installed a wi-fi card for hotspot through mobile devices, if that answers your question. But i would like your help if you have any to make a card work

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Stick with an Intel adapter and make sure you've enabled the wireless service first, it's disabled by default on Server 2016.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Currently i am connected through ethernet to broadband service and sometimes the service goes off so for an emergency alternative i installed a wi-fi card for hotspot through mobile devices, if that answers your question. But i would like your help if you have any to make a card work

Something like this is probably more robust, you just ethernet it to one of your server nics and setup failover. You can put this in a spot with good LTE reception.

https://www.netgear.com/landings/nighthawk-mr1100-mobile-router/default.aspx