Question TP Link AX6000 not reconnecting to internet after modem loses connection

renew1234

Feb 28, 2022
HI know, turn it off and on again... it works then but come on, its 2022 and this is a fairly expensive router.

Does this router, or any other router have the ability to refind the internet connection quickly?

Sometimes my cable modem loses signal for 10 seconds, or maybe a minute, the modem's wireless is back on but my router takes hours to see the connection is back, or I have to restart it.

I also use Tmobile 5G home internet, same issue with that modem.

Is this a problem for everyone? should the AX6000 be able to reconnect immediately after internet being restored? or is there a better router out there?

I contacted TP link Customer service, I believe I got an unintelligent AI responding... just asking me the same questions I answered in my last response... while not answer the question of whether the TP link should be capable of reconnecting without a restart or not.

Hoping to find help here.

Thanks

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Sounds like you got a dud. It should reconnect and get an ip automatically. Try a factory reset and reconfigure it. Test again mas if it fails still then replace it.