top five shooters or soon to be released (for PC)

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
Crysis
Call of duty 4
Timeshift
Hl2 episode 2
Gears of War

How do you think 2007 awards will stack up?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Crysis is meh
HL2 EP2 is more of the same meh as HL2
Haven't played GoW
If timeshift is the same game I played a demo of awhile back - meh
Call of Duty 4 demo was kind of meh for me as well, but the best of the ones listed.

Don't forget Soldier of Fortune: Payback.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I just played the "new" Timeshift demo and is was much ,much better then the first. And ran fine on my old ass system.

Crysis for me was meh because my system is too old and It was only the demo. I expect this game to be real good when I can afford to play it.

Call of Duty 4 demo ran great on my system and looked great also. Gameplay was fast paced and fun.

Hl2 ep2 was good ,but like you said (its getting old). This game needs another overhaul. Half life 3 anyone?

GOW I never played but the reviews are out of this world, and with the addition of another level better graphics for the pc it can only get better.

Bioshock should be up there also.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I'll be picking up COD4 today, i'm more interested in how it's multiplayer will be.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I'm looking at the december issue of pc gamer and they don't even have SoF:pyback listed.

its like the game doesn't exist...

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: pontifex
I'm looking at the december issue of pc gamer and they don't even have SoF: Payback listed.

That's because it isn't a high profile game, just like the other SoF's. I haven't read up on it, but chances are it isn't going to be anything special, again just like the other SoF's. It'll probably continue the tradition of being above average, but not godly. I haven't heard anyone talk about it at all, except you here.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Beev
I'm looking at the december issue of pc gamer and they don't even have SoF: Payback listed.

That's because it isn't a high profile game, just like the other SoF's. I haven't read up on it, but chances are it isn't going to be anything special, again just like the other SoF's. It'll probably continue the tradition of being above average, but not godly. I haven't heard anyone talk about it at all, except you here.

SoF2 MP was beyond godly.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

qft. i really wish raven were developing it though!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

qft. i really wish raven were developing it though!

apparently Raven and Infinity Ward helped Cauldron out because they liked what they saw. Also, its not longer under the Activision Value line, its under the regular Activision name. It seems to be really shaping up to be a great game.

whateverdude

Oct 6, 2000
don't forget Duke Nukem Forever! my boss said yesterday he saw it on pre-order someplace with a release date of Dec. 8th. that has to be a joke though.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
Crysis
Far Cry 2
Mafia 2
Precursors
STALKER: Clear Sky

I am interested to see what Far Cry 2 will look like. The fact that Crytek isn't doing it makes me wonder, but I'll see what it has to offer.

Mafia 2. I am not even going to bother researching, not going to read reviews, not going to watch gameplay videos, not going to looks at screenshots. I'm not even going to bother downloading and playing the demo. I'm just going to buy the fucking game and play it with utter bliss.

450R

Feb 22, 2005
I'm looking at the december issue of pc gamer and they don't even have SoF:pyback listed.

Between all the double-page full-spread ads every 3 pages and the retarded wireless/cell pages, I'd be surprised if you could find ANYTHING worthwhile in a PC Gamer issue anymore.

Anyway, as for upcoming shooters, the only games I'm really looking forward to are Far Cry 2, Operation Flashpoint 2 and Left 4 Dead. Spore is on my list but it's not a shooter.

2007 honors? TF2.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: 450R

Between all the double-page full-spread ads every 3 pages and the retarded wireless/cell pages, I'd be surprised if you could find ANYTHING worthwhile in a PC Gamer issue anymore.

I think thats most PC related magazines though. Most people get their information from the internet because its quicker, easier, and more up to date. After all, by the time an issue of PC Gamer gets on the stands, its already at least a month or so out of date.

VERTIGGO

Apr 29, 2005

SOF3!!! omgomgomgomg! I've been waiting. Sure may not have been the most popular, but 2 made me fall in love with PCs. I still play it yearly i think. Very immersive for the time and such fun sneaking! I hope there isn't too much of the beloved patriot thing goin on, it may be current, but I'm sick of killing Hajjis.

BTW what engine?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: 450R

Anyway, as for upcoming shooters, the only games I'm really looking forward to are Far Cry 2, Operation Flashpoint 2 and Left 4 Dead. Spore is on my list but it's not a shooter.

2007 honors? TF2.

hehe, yeah. there was like a 20 page AT&T ad for cell phone games...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: VERTIGGO

SOF3!!! omgomgomgomg! I've been waiting. Sure may not have been the most popular, but 2 made me fall in love with PCs. I still play it yearly i think. Very immersive for the time and such fun sneaking! I hope there isn't too much of the beloved patriot thing goin on, it may be current, but I'm sick of killing Hajjis.

BTW what engine?

Not sure. It sounds like they're using their own damage system similar to GHOUL used in SOF2. It also has a lot of stuff like CoD2, so maybe whatever engine that used.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004

QFT...There's nothing like it. Seriously. It's CounterStrike on crack.

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
Originally posted by: happy medium
How do you think 2007 awards will stack up?

I think it's in the bag for Crysis .... I hope they don't give it to TF2 since they already won it at E3 in 1999.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000

That it was... SP was so-so but MP was very, very good.

Crysis looks great but the SP game play is good, but not great (ballistics are not good)... I'll buy it eventually (after I finish up my thesis).

I will buy mafia 2 for sure and I am still patiently waiting for NOLF 3... monolith needs to get their sh1t together.

I didn't play bioshock all the way through... but I really liked what I played.