TONIGHTS WOOT!! BOC!!! If you don't know what it is.. check it out!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaxidian

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2001
twitter.com
Got my BoC in. I got a Woot! t-shirt, 2 Kensington pucks (if you're a woot'er, you know what I'm talking about), a little stuffed puppy that barks when you squeeze him, a crappy brown paper lunch bag, and a $5 coupon for a future purchase (does not mention a minimum $ amount). The t-shirt makes me happy with this BoC! :)

Now who to dump off this round of Kensington pucks on...

whatsyourdeal

Banned
Apr 11, 2005
I got in my BOC...

2 - Priority pucks
1 - cat 5 crossover cable
1 - paper bag
1 - $5 off coupon
and the coup de grace - 1 very old, used and grimy keyboard :)

Better than the rock I was expecting :)

imported_Grimmy

Dec 28, 2001
I got:

2 Pucks
1 patch cable
1 bag and a $5 off coupon
and....
A ROBOSAPIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was used but it works! The remote was taped to his chest, popped in some fresh batteries and my kid and my nephews watched him dance for about 2 solid hours... Oh and they made him burp, over and over and over and over again.

I was very pleased!

imported_Grimmy

Dec 28, 2001
Most of the stuff on woot I don't need nor want, true, but once in a while there is something I can use, a few examples:

They had some nice vacuum cleaners, I bought -2- my old vac was wearing out, and after remodeling the basement we now have 3 levels of carpet and lugging a vac up 2 flights of stairs is hard on my wife, so I bought her a vacuum for each level of the house. Two of those came from woot, $49x2 + $5 shipping and I have a better vac at a cheaper price than ANYTHING I can get at Wal-Mart/etc by a LONG shot.

Those "grind and brew" coffee makers, those are kickass and the price is sweet, if I didn't already have one you could bet I'da got one by now.

They had a nice dual layer DVD burner on there the other day for VERY cheap ($26 I think) I wanted to get one of those but it sold out faster than I could click <Order>.

That Audiovox DVD/VCR portable player, granted it's bigger than hell, but for (what was it) $129 I put DVD and VCR playback on my boat that'll run off a car battery and I can either watch the included 7" screen or I can just plug it right into any TV at all.

They've had a couple NICE PC's that had I needed another PC I would have bought.

Heck that HP Photo paper they had last night, if I printed photos just a bit more often I'd have bought a 3 pack of that, it's a nice price for photo paper, I almost bought some anyway to give my folks and my sis and her kids for christmas.

Yeah woot sucks most days, but you never know when they're gonna whip out something you really do need/want/desire/etc.

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Dixiesys
I got:

2 Pucks
1 patch cable
1 bag and a $5 off coupon
and....
A ROBOSAPIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was used but it works! The remote was taped to his chest, popped in some fresh batteries and my kid and my nephews watched him dance for about 2 solid hours... Oh and they made him burp, over and over and over and over again.

I was very pleased!

:shocked:

whatsyourdeal

Banned
Apr 11, 2005
Originally posted by: MX2times
Originally posted by: whatsyourdeal
I will dispell the mystery :)

http://www.x10.com/electronics/allcateg...quipmentsupplies/kensington_62061.html

It is funny they are asking $13 for it on the site the link goes too. I wouldn't pay anything for it. That is why woot throws them in. They must have gotten a ton for a few bucks :)

I dont get it, what is it for? Keeping lettered mail arranged:confused:

I suppose. Basically it is crap. hence the name BOC. The whole reason everyone gets in is because in some packages they throw thing sin like $300 audio systems, mp3 players, robo sapiens and the like. For $8 you aren't really risking anything. Even the crap is worth it. Although this time one of the things I got was an old, definitely used keyboard. They do have a sense of humor too at Woot :)

racer42

Dec 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Dixiesys
... lugging a vac up 2 flights of stairs is hard on my wife, so I bought her a vacuum for each level of the house....
And they say men are inconsiderate! :)

Jaxidian

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2001
twitter.com
For me, I paid $8 (including shipping), got a t-shirt, a $5 coupon for my next Woot purchase, and crap. I was very happy to get the shirt for $3 shipped! It's the one that says "WOOT 1 DAY, 1 DEAL." on the front and has all of the quotes ("I stayed up for this?!", etc.) on the back (like 100 quotes).

Very happy here (and wearing my shirt to work today)! :D

edit: Oh, can't get anybody else here at work to take these pucks - maybe I can ebay them for $0.01 with $35 shipping...