Tomb Raider (2013)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I decided last night to either wait for a patch or updated NV drivers. I'm not sure if TR will have any replay-ability, so I want to play it as good as possible. Although, I thought the same thing about Rage and never went back to it.

I'm gonna have to wait to play it anyway. I'm in the process of replacing my motherboard so I'm without a gaming PC at the moment. Probably won't be able to play until the end of the week. Maybe by then, there will be an optimization patch or two, or maybe there will be optimized drivers.

AMD hasn't sent me my download code yet anyway. :p

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'm gonna have to wait to play it anyway. I'm in the process of replacing my motherboard so I'm without a gaming PC at the moment. Probably won't be able to play until the end of the week. Maybe by then, there will be an optimization patch or two, or maybe there will be optimized drivers.

AMD hasn't sent me my download code yet anyway. :p

Lol now I feel better.

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
Does anyone know how to get third party game pads to work in this game? It's annoying how there is only support for the xbox 360 controller, even though it's only a dual analog gamepad, no different than all the other dozens of dual analog gamepads on the market.

Is there any reason why this only works as intended with the 360 controller and not other controllers?

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Does anyone know how to get third party game pads to work in this game? It's annoying how there is only support for the xbox 360 controller, even though it's only a dual analog gamepad, no different than all the other dozens of dual analog gamepads on the market.

Is there any reason why this only works as intended with the 360 controller and not other controllers?

I forget the specifics, but It's the input API they are using. The newer API only really supports the Xbox controller.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
They are these bone things hanging on things. Small skull in the middle and various small bones around them. Think a dreamcatcher but with skull/bones basically.

Saw those, but how do I grab them?

Necc

Feb 15, 2011
Definitely full price game, im 9 hours into it and it's getting better and better, worth every penny.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
AMD finally sent me my Tomb Raider key! If you're one of those people who still haven't recieved their keys, check your email right now. If you still don't have it, then sit tight. I imagine you'll be getting it really soon.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I'm not totally in love with the keyboard commands for certain things (not so much the specific keys but the qte aspect of hitting <- ->; also how do you get your 'redemption' code to complete the scavanger hunt. They (square) sent me the code to register for the scavanger hunt; I did the silly hunt; but now it wants another 'redemption' code to get the dlc. Did (square) foobar and not send me that code when they sent me the registration code ?

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
AMD finally sent me my Tomb Raider key! If you're one of those people who still haven't recieved their keys, check your email right now. If you still don't have it, then sit tight. I imagine you'll be getting it really soon.

Ha still waiting. Maybe this weekend.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
SERIOUSLY LARA CROFT,

What's wrong with you?

You have become a wimpy little girl that gets a nervous breakdown by shooting someone, constantly crying for help about every little thing. Wolves attacking in the forest, oh my!

Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome game but I miss the Lara from decades back who kicked ass, ran into a group of bads and you knew s# will fly.

Who's that, Emo-Lara? Seriously.... I want my kickass Lara back!

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah I got one email my guess is bioshock will be the same. Although I wasn't too into the first 2 games.

Will report back with fps and settings tonite when I get a chance to try it out. Using 13.1 drivers right now.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
SERIOUSLY LARA CROFT,

What's wrong with you?

You have become a wimpy little girl that gets a nervous breakdown by shooting someone, constantly crying for help about every little thing. Wolves attacking in the forest, oh my!

Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome game but I miss the Lara from decades back who kicked ass, ran into a group of bads and you knew s# will fly.

Who's that, Emo-Lara? Seriously.... I want my kickass Lara back!

This is the start of how Lara became who she is. A prequel of sorts. When you play the game the story says it basically and she makes a lot of comments about it as well. Like she is very young and has no little field experience and etc.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
This is the start of how Lara became who she is. A prequel of sorts. When you play the game the story says it basically and she makes a lot of comments about it as well. Like she is very young and has no little field experience and etc.

The devs say she becomes more sure of herself later on and stops whining.

Last edited:

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
Downloading this now on Steam...can't wait. I remember how fascinated I was with the original on my PS1 and hope this can come close to that type of experience.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
Have anyone got to the sex scene yet? Apparently, that's when she lost it for the first time, before she became the sex symbol she is today.

P.S. why does TressFX look so bad on nvidia but so awesome on AMD cards?

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
I have to admit I'm glad I have a 7970 after reading all these nVidia nightmares...hopefully it looks good.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Definitely full price game, im 9 hours into it and it's getting better and better, worth every penny.

Same here.

BTW, just had my first crash, 8 hours in. I think I've only done about 35% of the game. Based on that, it looks to be a 20-25 hour game.

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
Same here.

BTW, just had my first crash, 8 hours in. I think I've only done about 35% of the game. Based on that, it looks to be a 20-25 hour game.

Do you feel it'll have any type of replayability?

Still not a bad value for the $45 I paid for it on Steam.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
The devs say she becomes more sure of herself later on and stops whining.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm over the half way point now and killing doesn't upset her anymore as well as a lot of other stuff, but she still makes little remakes on how she doesn't care some stuff at times. Like, she knows she is doing it to survive but still isn't happy she is doing it and that it is so easy to do it still.