Tom Brady is the "greatest" quarterback since the merger.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Conscript

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2001
I am embarrassed, its a wreck. Doesn't change the facts. And I know there are diehard Pats fans...but the reason the Pats are more universally hated moreso than even the Yankees, is the arrogance of the fans...and most of those fans are the ones who forgot there was a team in the 90's

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
He definitely missed the Gronkster last night, he just threw to Lloyd and Welker over and over again. Gronk is good for like 100 yards and at least 1 TD every game it seems, you can't replace that. Hernandez was no where to be found and what happened to Vereen? Either they couldn't get open or Brady didn't spread the ball around at all, which is always his style.

There was a choke factor by the whole Patriots team/Coaching staff (including Brady of course, but not limited to). They hadn't scored under 23 points since Week 2 and 13 points was their worst offensive output of the entire season. Maybe it was just playing against the hottest team in the league, but I'd have to say they just choked the game away. I know the blame always goes to the QB but it's not all on Brady, that's just silly. Even Brady's INTs weren't too bad, first one was tipped way up in the air and landed right in that guy's hands (still Brady's fault) and the 2nd one was a desperation throw at the end of the game.

Saying he's the greatest since the merger is a leap (of course the OP put "greatest" in quotes so maybe he was being sarcastic? :p) but Brady is still definitely one of the greatest QBs ever. People will be dumping on him today (maybe deservedly so) but he still has 3 rings, and 5 Superbowl appearances. 7 AFC championship appearances is pretty crazy too, and he'll probably get to one or two more of those.

Last edited:

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
He definitely missed the Gronkster last night, he just threw to Lloyd and Welker over and over again. Gronk is good for like 100 yards and at least 1 TD every game it seems, you can't replace that.
Of course, they lost by more than that.:biggrin:

There was a choke factor by the whole Patriots team/Coaching staff (including Brady of course, but not limited to). They hadn't scored under 23 points since Week 2 and 13 points was their worst offensive output of the entire season. Maybe it was just playing against the hottest team in the league, but I'd have to say they just choked the game away.
True. Even as a Ravens fan, even with their star players back in the game, and even with this being the "Do it for Ray" defensive postseason, me and most of my friends figured that the Pats would put up more of a fight than that. We thought it would be more like 24-23 or 28-24 or somesuch. Just keeping them out of the 30s is a defensive accomplishment...that's just what Brady does. But ONE touchdown all game, no points at all in the entire second half? Wow! And it wasn't because Brady didn't put up the yards, because he did. The Ravens had some lucky turnovers, but they just LOCKED DOWN the red zone.

I know the blame always goes to the QB but it's not all on Brady, that's just silly. Even Brady's INTs weren't too bad, first one was tipped way up in the air and landed right in that guy's hands (still Brady's fault) and the 2nd one was a desperation throw at the end of the game.

Divine provenance.:awe:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I am happy as all hell Brady and the Patriots went down in flames last night! It makes the loss of my team the Greenbay Packers sting less. ;)

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Poor Tom. Now he has to go home and have sex with Giselle and count his money.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

Something tells me that Brady's performance on the field probably affects his performance off the field as well.:whiste:

Mar 11, 2004
Damn, Manning and Brady/Belichick choke jobs in the same year? Almost makes having to put up with the Ray Lewis farewell tour worth it.

Belichick being his usual grumpy bitch ass. Glad to see rehiring McDaniels last year and Daboll this year seems to be getting some deserved rewards for the practically outright sabotage those two (along with Pioli) jackasses did.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001

This is so funny. This season it appears the best way to ensure that your favorite player/team will lose is to start a thread about how great and wonderful they are.

Good job OP ...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
At least know your history before you post, the "snowplow game" happened in 1982, Brady was about 11 and IIRC wasn't playing for the Patriots at the time.. :|

there were no Pats before Brady. Absence of fans precludes team existence, no? You must be mistaken. :hmm:

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
You'd think after last night, you'd stop posting. Idiot. I"m sure you'll create another one of these stupid threads in the future.

People get mad at AMDZen for going into hiding after the Broncos lose but mad that techs keeps posting after the Pats lose? Can't have it both ways :p

But it does seem techs has a strange relationship with Brady/Giselle!

I've been a semi Pats fan for a long time, mostly because of their crazy successful connections with Arizona players (Bruschi and Gronk). But I don't like Belichick and a lot of the moves he and the organization have made in the past. I like Brady because he's just a good guy, never saying or doing anything detrimental to the team, always gracious in victory and defeat. Anyways, I wasn't too upset that they lost/choked.

Mar 11, 2004
This is so funny. This season it appears the best way to ensure that your favorite player/team will lose is to start a thread about how great and wonderful they are.

Good job OP ...

Was he the one that made the thread about Brady last year (well 2011) in response to the Tebow suckfest?

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Was he the one that made the thread about Brady last year (well 2011) in response to the Tebow suckfest?

I'm not sure but the OP seems to make it his goal in life to be the next CNN. He likes to take news reports from the news services and re-report them here in ATOT ... like he is a reporter or something.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Firstly, I'm a jets fan, so I'm miserable regardless. But I lived in Boston from 97 to 08...and the one thing in able to surmise is the majority of current "Pats fans" couldn't name 5 players pre 2001. The jumped on the bandwagon, admittedly a great wagon, and since 2005 the havent been able to adjust to being the choking superstars. Once Brady becomes irrelevant, and you see how much he's hidden the damage Belichick has done to this team, you're going to see a dramatic drop in the arrogant Johnny come lately's.

You poor soul...:'(

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

Good job OP ...

Next year I will make a thread at how amazing teh Kansas City chiefs are.

My plan cannot fail!

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Something tells me that Brady's performance on the field probably affects his performance off the field as well.:whiste:

I hear Giselle plays great defense when Brady doesn't win. Oh he can drive down the field but he just can't seem to put it in...the end zone....

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Lets look a little deeper.
Montana and Brady both went to 7 Division championship games. Montana went 4-3. Brady went 5-2.

Lets look at the running games. Brady never had a premiere running back. Montana had Roger Craig among others.

Free agency and the salary cap. Did Montana ever lose Asante Samuel, Mike Vrable or have to release Lawyer Milloy due to the salary cap? Nope. The 49ers got to keep Ronnie Lott out there year in and year out.

This year Brady may lose Sebastian Vollmer and Wes Welker. San Francisco just had to reach into Eddie Debartolos deep pockets to keep their team together.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Lets look a little deeper.
Montana and Brady both went to 7 Division championship games. Montana went 4-3. Brady went 5-2.

Lets look at the running games. Brady never had a premiere running back. Montana had Roger Craig among others.

Free agency and the salary cap. Did Montana ever lose Asante Samuel, Mike Vrable or have to release Lawyer Milloy due to the salary cap? Nope. The 49ers got to keep Ronnie Lott out there year in and year out.

This year Brady may lose Sebastian Vollmer and Wes Welker. San Francisco just had to reach into Eddie Debartolos deep pockets to keep their team together.

The Pats were supposed to have a vaunted ground game this year, you may want to add that to your list.