Today's GOP

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
nah, baby formula is for living babies. Republicans only care about the not living ones. They want to force you to make them live, so that they can then kill them with poverty.

That's exactly why republicans exist. It's the only reason that they breath.

It was all a canard. Those photos of pallets of “formula” diverted to the border running non stop on FOX News this week turned out to be powdered milk.

Reactions: Leeea and senseamp

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Reactions: thilanliyan

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Nov 17, 2019
Lock'em Up!!!

Elise Stefanik's 'Replacement Theory' Ads Criticized After Buffalo Shooting

The gunman reportedly wrote a manifesto that repeatedly cited the racist "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory that claims white Americans are being replaced by people of color.

Buffalo Shooting 'False Flag' Operation, Suggest Wendy Rogers, Nick Fuentes

Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers, who is endorsed by former President Trump for reelection, said Saturday that the shooting is the start of "fed boy summer."

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 17, 2019

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
A formula for blaming others ....

Full List of 192 House Republicans Who Voted Against FDA Baby Formula Bill

The bill would provide $28 million in emergency funding to address the nationwide shortage of infant formula.

These Nine Republicans Voted Against Expanding Access to Baby Formula

Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene were among those who voted against passing the Access to Baby Formula Act.

Why isn’t the DNC running ads right now highlighting this? Why are they not juxtaposing this with the right wing complaints about baby formula for immigrant babies?

I swear the DNC has to be the most useless political organization ever.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
Which party doesn't support aggressive action against domestic terror?

House passes domestic terrorism bill after Buffalo shooting

By FARNOUSH AMIRI and KEVIN FREKINGtoday
https://apnews.com/article/shooting...gun-politics-f30b5f51f239fa776726efe077be008d
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House passed legislation late Wednesday night that would bolster federal resources to prevent domestic terrorism in response to the racist mass shooting in Buffalo, New York.
The 222-203, nearly party-line vote was an answer to the growing pressure Congress faces to address gun violence and white supremacist attacks — a crisis that escalated following two mass shootings over the weekend.

Oh, yeah.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Which party doesn't support aggressive action against domestic terror?

House passes domestic terrorism bill after Buffalo shooting
By FARNOUSH AMIRI and KEVIN FREKINGtoday
https://apnews.com/article/shooting...gun-politics-f30b5f51f239fa776726efe077be008d
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House passed legislation late Wednesday night that would bolster federal resources to prevent domestic terrorism in response to the racist mass shooting in Buffalo, New York.
The 222-203, nearly party-line vote was an answer to the growing pressure Congress faces to address gun violence and white supremacist attacks — a crisis that escalated following two mass shootings over the weekend.

Oh, yeah.
Democrats being divisive again /S

• Haha
Reactions: esquared

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Why isn’t the DNC running ads right now highlighting this? Why are they not juxtaposing this with the right wing complaints about baby formula for immigrant babies?

I swear the DNC has to be the most useless political origination ever.

They are inept and part of me thinks they like being the minority, opposition party so they can fundraise easier.

These guys are not going to save us.

• Haha

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Which party is opposed to helping protect the people from oil companies?

Oh ... yeah.

These votes are good because they put the gop on record but it’s a useless endeavor if there isn’t messaging behind it to let Americans know when republicans do this.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Of the 5 presidential elections i've participated in, I've voted independent/write in candidate 3 times, Dem 2 times, Republican never (I did do a "No/Faulkner" split on my Cali recall ballot, so make of that what you will).

Frankly, I just can't see myself living through this endless parade of bullshit and ever voting for a Republican ever in my life. I'll either hold my nose and vote dem, or hold my nose and vote "none of these assholes".

Nov 17, 2019
^^^ Interesting.....

If voting were mandatory and every voting age adult complied and submitted a ballot, how many would vote 'none of the above'?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Of the 5 presidential elections i've participated in, I've voted independent/write in candidate 3 times, Dem 2 times, Republican never (I did do a "No/Faulkner" split on my Cali recall ballot, so make of that what you will).

Frankly, I just can't see myself living through this endless parade of bullshit and ever voting for a Republican ever in my life. I'll either hold my nose and vote dem, or hold my nose and vote "none of these assholes".
It's your vote, but the way it always works 100% of the time in a first-past-the-post voting system is vote for the lesser evil, or you are in effect voting for the greater evil.

That said, instant runoff voting, ranked choice voting, etc., are all inherently better systems as third parties actually do more than become a spoiler in a most races.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
It's your vote, but the way it always works 100% of the time in a first-past-the-post voting system is vote for the lesser evil, or you are in effect voting for the greater evil.

That said, instant runoff voting, ranked choice voting, etc., are all inherently better systems as third parties actually do more than become a spoiler in a most races.

-In our electoral system, if you live in a deeply blue or red state, your vote don't mean shit.

Living in the most populous, bluest state in the union, my thrid party votes moved the election results for those years about as much as pissing in the wind would do.

It's actually liberating to vote third party then tell everyone why their choice sucked so much ass.

Reactions: nickqt

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Wasn't enough maple syrup for my pancake this morning. Someone alert Fox News so Fox can blame Joe Biden.

Imagine the shortages if Trump were president?
Fox would be saying babies are too fat, they need to diet.
But first, blaming it all on Obama administration policies.

• Haha
Reactions: gothuevos

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Shouldn't Bannon be in jail by now? Wasn't he charged with something recently?
These RWNJs are like cockroaches, honestly.
He ignored a Congressional subpoena, which is apparently no longer a crime.

I swear the DNC has to be the most useless political organization ever.
I believe there are laws restricting when the RNC/DNC can run ads.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I mean Biden def sucks but I love pointing out my stimulus check with Donald Trump's signature on it when the topic of inflation and govt spending craps up with MAGA types.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I mean Biden def sucks but I love pointing out my stimulus check with Donald Trump's signature on it when the topic of inflation and govt spending craps up with MAGA types.
Make sure you ask the MAGAs who cry about inflation why inflation isn't limited to just the US. They won't have an answer but it's interesting to watch their eyes/fingers gloss over.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Make sure you ask the MAGAs who cry about inflation why inflation isn't limited to just the US. They won't have an answer but it's interesting to watch their eyes/fingers gloss over.

-Ah you'd think so but then it immediately falls back into shadow conspiracy illuminati bullshit just like it did with COVID ("Of course 'they' are trying to control their population, I just didn't think it would happen in the good old U S of A" *Single eagle shaped tear fights it's way free from their eyes*)

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
-Ah you'd think so but then it immediately falls back into shadow conspiracy illuminati bullshit just like it did with COVID ("Of course 'they' are trying to control their population, I just didn't think it would happen in the good old U S of A" *Single eagle shaped tear fights it's way free from their eyes*)
Yeah, I don't expect a reasoned response, but it's fun to witness gears attempting to turn, jamming up, and some generic talking point get trotted out.