Today's GOP

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Why is he running as a Democrat?
I guess he's starting a new trend. Wow, that was a big miss. Water contamination must be all over that state.

Edit: The assume bug bit me. Definitely made an ass out of me.

And from the article:

This week, the Michigan Democratic Party firmly rebuked Bishop's comments, saying that his views "have no place in the Democratic Party."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezunto
Nov 17, 2019
A true MAGAt indeed ....

Exclusive: MAGA Candidate Evicted from Home After Wife Asks Court for Emergency Order of Protection

www.rollingstone.com.ico
Rolling Stone|31 minutes ago
Teddy Daniels is running for Pennsylvania Lt. governor as a pro-Trump family man. His current wife is now the third domestic partner to accuse him of abusive or threatening behavior

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
"I don't have a racist bone in my body," Bishop told MLive.
I believe that's probably true. It's the brain and the mouth that appear to be the source of the racism for this racist.

A little more background on "Trucker Randy" as he likes to be called: https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-g...er-randy-and-pay-play-claims-roil-senate-race
Bishop, known to radio listeners as “Trucker Randy,” is a longtime conservative activist and former chair of the Antrim County Republican Party.

But on Tuesday, he filed to run for the 37th state Senate District as a Democrat.

Hindle claims that’s part of a ploy to help Ranville win election by discouraging Democratic voters from crossing over to vote for more traditional Republicans in the GOP primary, which also includes current state Rep. John Damoose of Harbor Springs and former state Rep. Triston Cole of Mancelona.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
A true MAGAt indeed ....

Exclusive: MAGA Candidate Evicted from Home After Wife Asks Court for Emergency Order of Protection

www.rollingstone.com.ico
Rolling Stone|31 minutes ago
Teddy Daniels is running for Pennsylvania Lt. governor as a pro-Trump family man. His current wife is now the third domestic partner to accuse him of abusive or threatening behavior
Lol...3 sets of children with 3 different women...wonderful example of a family man (assuming he isn't a polygamist :D).

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
If this guy ran for President as an Independent in 2024, with some really, really deep pockets behind him, I don’t think he’d merely ensure a MAGAt doesn’t win—I think he could even beat Joe/Kamala too.

I’m more and more convinced that I don’t want a President from either party in 2024—not because I don’t like Democrats, but because a) I don’t think they have a winning candidate in 2024, and b) even if they pulled a win outta their asses, they’d never get anything through Congress.

I just don’t know if Charlie has enough billionaires behind him—sure he’ll be a darling candidate for Corporate America and their boardrooms, but that might not be enough to win elections.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Why is he running as a Democrat?

- Spoiler candidate. Honestly its a really smart play if you approach politics like zero sum wargame and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more widely and often on all sides. Guys like Ralph Nader for Gore in 2000 or Ross Perot for Bush in 1992 (although that's been debunked at this point, more of Ross' voters would have gone with Clinton if Ross wasn't in the race, so he was more of a spoiler for Clinton than anything).

Basically some folks that vote straight ticket D will accidentally vote for the guy, some other folks that are traditionally D but harbor some deep seeded racist sentiments will also vote for the guy, and lastly everyone else gets to hear about the "racist Democratic party, the party of Southern Slave ownership is back at it again" which is a messaging/propaganda win and potentially discourages some traditionally D voters (blacks and other minority groups) from voting at all.

When a couple hundred/thousand votes can separate state level elections it might just be enough to put the Republican candidate over the top.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
- Spoiler candidate. Honestly its a really smart play if you approach politics like zero sum wargame and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more widely and often on all sides. Guys like Ralph Nader for Gore in 2000 or Ross Perot for Bush in 1992 (although that's been debunked at this point, more of Ross' voters would have gone with Clinton if Ross wasn't in the race, so he was more of a spoiler for Clinton than anything).

Basically some folks that vote straight ticket D will accidentally vote for the guy, some other folks that are traditionally D but harbor some deep seeded racist sentiments will also vote for the guy, and lastly everyone else gets to hear about the "racist Democratic party, the party of Southern Slave ownership is back at it again" which is a messaging/propaganda win and potentially discourages some traditionally D voters (blacks and other minority groups) from voting at all.

When a couple hundred/thousand votes can separate state level elections it might just be enough to put the Republican candidate over the top.
Probably a similar technique that Florida has employed quite successfully.

Did mysterious independent candidates swing Florida House, Senate races to Republicans? – Orlando Sentinel

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And one more shining example of Republican politician...

A former Idaho state lawmaker Aaron von Ehlinger is convicted of raping a legislative intern. He was a Republican state representative when the accusation was made and then resigned after a state House committee heard the intern's allegations and unanimously recommended that von Ehlinger be censured and stripped of the powers of his office without pay.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
A Republican who apparently confessed to killing his wife with a concrete flowerpot and dumping her body over the side of a bridge, won the GOP nomination in a local election while in jail awaiting his murder trail.

On the bright side

A Republican who said people who are raped should "lie back and enjoy it" has lost

Only by12 points, but it’s a start.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Qanon nutjob wins GOP nomination in house race

Quote from former President Shit-For-Brains in the linked article:

“He’s been carving the name Trump on his farm and those planes would pass over that farm. You know who I’m talking about. And he’s a great guy and he’s in there fighting for whatever the hell he’s fighting for. I don’t care.”

Totally normal political party, the GOP. Totally normal.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Qanon nutjob wins GOP nomination in house race

Quote from former President Shit-For-Brains in the linked article:

“He’s been carving the name Trump on his farm and those planes would pass over that farm. You know who I’m talking about. And he’s a great guy and he’s in there fighting for whatever the hell he’s fighting for. I don’t care.”

Totally normal political party, the GOP. Totally normal.
So it all good, as long as sucks hard and long.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Reactions: ch33zw1z

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
'Nother schmuckus ....

Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Kathy Barnette has called for banning Islam in America and said LGBTQ people 'lead with their sexual preference'

www.businessinsider.com.ico
Business Insider|15 minutes ago
Former President Donald Trump criticized Barnette's candidacy in a Thursday afternoon statement suggesting she hasn't been properly "vetted."

How do you scream your opponent is Muslim, without furiously pointing, foaming at the mouth and screaming “MUSLIM!!!!!!”

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
'Pubs don't like babies now?

Biden Sent Baby Formula to Border for Immigrants, Republicans Say

Representative Kat Cammack said on Wednesday that a border patrol agent in Texas informed her that he had taken in pallets of baby formula for immigrants.

I thought 'Pubs were all about making people have babies?

nah, baby formula is for living babies. Republicans only care about the not living ones. They want to force you to make them live, so that they can then kill them with poverty.

That's exactly why republicans exist. It's the only reason that they breath.

Reactions: hal2kilo