TN man quits job after getting W2 with 666 on it

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
arnt u one to call people bigots then start a bigot thread. you're a hypocrite.

as long as u keep your peepee away from me and anyone else that doesn't want it I don't have a problem with you. likewise i have no problem with religious beliefs and practices as long as they dont interfere with me or people who dont want it..to each their own.

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
No they didn't its old old debate

It's not really a 'debate', both 666 and 616 are used as the number of the beast, depending on the manuscript, because both.are ways to spell 'ceasar Nero' in Hebrew gematria. John wrote letters to first century Christians in many symbols because to teach anything other than ceasar as god was met with execution.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So the company on three separate occasions assigns him the number "666" even after they know it bugs him?

Sounds like some stupidity on their part too.

Meh, if he's 'suspicious' it's probably best he quits. No telling what else they might screw up.

Fern

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
Adults believing in fantasy?

So is religion a fantasy because you don't agree with it? I agree that religions can fall into craziness (like scientology) but please clarify why its a fantasy. If you think religious people are stupid for believing something that is wrong, do you consider yourself stupid as well or do you honestly think that everything you believe is right?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Stupid, stupid, stupid. Can't say I'm surprised, however.

No one is ever forced to work a job he doesn't want to do. As long as he's not a welfare addict looking for societal handouts, as long as he owns responsibility for himself and his actions, he can pick and chose whatever conditions he wants to work under. If he finds a job that better fits, then it was a good decision. If he struggles to obtain new income, he will have learned a life lesson and adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You can't fix stupid............. clearly

But you wanna bet that stupid will be able to collect unemployment.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Now the REAL story...
"TN loser quits job because he was too lazy and drunk to get out of bed. Makes up some excuse about some number on his W2."

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
*sigh*
Wow. People never cease to amaze.

- My phone number ends in 666 (I chose that one myself :awe:)
- Once at Burger King, the total came to $6.66. The cashier made a little face, and hesitated when saying the second part. I guess if you add a little pause, it won't summon the forces of darkness. :D I kept the receipt, just because it amuses me.
- If I write 333*2, or 74*9, is that equally as bad? What if I express it in hexadecimal? (29A)

Now the REAL story...
"TN loser quits job because he was too lazy and drunk to get out of bed. Makes up some excuse about some number on his W2."
:D

That's going to be a LONG wait at the back of the unemployment line.
Hopefully the "Now Serving #" sign doesn't have 3 digits...:sneaky:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
arnt u one to call people bigots then start a bigot thread. you're a hypocrite.

as long as u keep your peepee away from me and anyone else that doesn't want it I don't have a problem with you. likewise i have no problem with religious beliefs and practices as long as they dont interfere with me or people who dont want it..to each their own.

IIRC, I've never called anyone a "bigot" specifically.

Stupid is as stupid does, and this guy is doing some very stupid things with regards to his job and the W2 he received from it.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So the company on three separate occasions assigns him the number "666" even after they know it bugs him?

Why is the company stupid for not caving to his stupid concerns?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Meh, if he's 'suspicious' it's probably best he quits. No telling what else they might screw up.

Fern

This does not indicate if it is the employee number or some other number.
Where the first two issues were the employee number and pointed out; note that this did not mention the employee number.

It could be blowing his mind, if it was the amount of pay and/or tax withheld.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Your examples (and the guy in the OP article) are instances of stupid beliefs that people are stupid for having. These people may be smart in other aspects of life, but they're stupid for having these stupid beliefs.

I also never said I have a problem with it or that anyone else should have a problem with it. He can be as stupid as he wants, but I can also call him out on that stupidity.

That's an astoundingly intolerant attitude,

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
That's an astoundingly intolerant attitude,

Opinionated != intolerant.

Intolerant would be violence against this individual or seeking laws to prevent/curtail what he's doing. I neither seek nor advocate any of that.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
This does not indicate if it is the employee number or some other number.
Where the first two issues were the employee number and pointed out; note that this did not mention the employee number.

It could be blowing his mind, if it was the amount of pay and/or tax withheld.

My guess:

Given the wording I'm thinking it was the "control number" on the W2.

It looks to me like he works for a fairly large company who, as most do, lists employees alphabetically and also assign them numbers. Looks like this poor chap is always employee number #666 in their database.

I think the employer should just block/lock that number in their system.

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Why is the company stupid for not caving to his stupid concerns?

The assignment of #666 is causing the employer trouble too. Three times with this guy, who next?. Assuming he is otherwise a good employee I see no reason for it. The company is in the South, he isn't going to be the only person who has a problem being labeled #666.

They should just block the number from use in their database- problem solved!

Fern