TN boy 11 years old shoots and kills 8 year old girl with 12 gauge shotgun

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Govt is not impartial, it is also highly partisan.

Government encompasses a ton of different entities and millions of employees, as a whole it isn't partisan. Now if we are talking about congress specifically, then sure but congress wouldn't be the entity doing the study.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Irony.

If anyone knows where magicman lives, please call...(FBI? The police?, a hospital?)

WTF does that even mean? Oh, that's right, you're just being a wise and beautiful woman, again. If anyone is a proven danger to others, it's Progressive social rejects, like you. :\

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Killer & parents to jail, for life. Siblings to foster care.

Irresponsible gun owners must be sent to prison for ignoring their responsibilities to keep them locked up.

You want to lockup an 11 y/o for life? WTF is wrong with you?

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
You want to let a killer of an 8 year old roam free with your family? Go ahead.

I sure don't with my family.

Did I say "roam free"? There's quite a difference between supervised treatment (which he needs) and just setting him loose on society. He's 11, how can you call yourself a liberal if you feel a child can't be rehabilitated?

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Are we sure he wasn't standing his ground? Maybe he felt threatened in his house? This is apparently reason enough for other people to murder others on a whim, what makes this different?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Are you implying that there are laws on the books that require firearms to be "properly secured" in the home? If so, can firearm owners be charged under such laws even if there's no tragic incident such as that described in the OP?

I'm reasonably certain that the NRA is vigorously opposed to any laws entailing criminal liability for improperly securing firearms in the home, under the "slippery slope" argument. Meaning that there probably are no such laws. And if that's the case, how could the parents in this particular case be charged?

There are general child endangerment laws which, in some states, can create criminal liability after a tragedy such as this occurs. I know that CA's child endangerment laws can and have been applied when children are killed or injured by firearms not properly secured by the parents. I checked a couple of random "red states" (TN for one) and the laws for child endangerment are narrower and probably wouldn't apply even after a tragedy.

So far as laws regarding securing firearms in the home which would apply in the absence of a tragedy, i don't think they exist, but then again they'd be difficult to enforce if they did since the police would need a search warrant based on probable cause to even enter the home and discover the violation. Since by definition nothing has happened yet there wouldn't usually be grounds for a search.

Oct 16, 1999
I think the point of such laws wouldn't be police enforcement before a tragedy, but more motivation for parental enforcement to prevent one.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
WTF does that even mean? Oh, that's right, you're just being a wise and beautiful woman, again. If anyone is a proven danger to others, it's Progressive social rejects, like you. :\

Lol! You sound mad bro, is your trigger finger getting itchy? Are you thinking about putting a bullet in my head?
Tell us again how you would kill your fellow Americans who would attempt to enforce laws.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Lol! You sound mad bro, is your trigger finger getting itchy? Are you thinking about putting a bullet in my head?
Tell us again how you would kill your fellow Americans who would attempt to enforce laws.

Anger projection found, now we know you sit and dream about killing people who disagree with you, just like all the other authoritarian, progressive pricks.

Tell us how they'd get such an impossible amendment passed in the first place? You stupid fuck. :rolleyes:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Anger projection found, now we know you sit and dream about killing people who disagree with you, just like all the other authoritarian, progressive pricks.

Tell us how they'd get such an impossible amendment passed in the first place? You stupid fuck. :rolleyes:

You took the extra moment to bold wise and beautiful woman. Just saying projection doesn't mean it is evident there, kiddo.

I know you have a lot of power issues, but there's no reason to infuse every thread with your personal crusading.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
You took the extra moment to bold wise and beautiful woman. Just saying projection doesn't mean it is evident there, kiddo.

He's the one droning on about "putting bullets in people's heads", claiming that I want to do that to him (I've never felt inclined towards killing anyone). Maybe you should look a little more carefully at the people standing next to you.

I know you have a lot of power issues, but there's no reason to infuse every thread with your personal crusading.

You "know", eh? Irony™

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
He's the one droning on about "putting bullets in people's heads", claiming that I want to do that to him (I've never felt inclined towards killing anyone). Maybe you should look a little more carefully at the people standing next to you.

You "know", eh? Irony™

Just like you know I'm an SJW, right, kid? I mean, we all are... and we're all against you.

Carry on the struggle. Never allow yourself to be silenced by us. Never stop posting with total absence of discretion.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Just like you know I'm an SJW, right, kid? I mean, we all are... and we're all against you.

You act like a White Knight Progressive, but I don't know you are. Maybe you're just another troll with mommy issues?

Carry on the struggle. Never allow yourself to be silenced by us. Never stop posting with total absence of discretion.

Carry on with "knowing" so much. Listen and Believe™.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
That's right, rage-bot. I push your button and watch you go!

I might now be trolling you, that's possible. No mommy issues though. She tells me she loves me every night when she puts me to bed.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Dude, no one who has observed you believes there is anything in your head that could be damaged by a bullet.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Dude, no one who has observed you believes there is anything in your head that could be damaged by a bullet.

Awe!! What's wrong possum? Are you tired of having your ass handed to you in thread after thread by the big mean "progries"?

I guess when you've got nothing else going for you, being a wingman for magicman is better than nothing. You do make a cute couple in the same way as incorruptible and michael1980 though;)

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Awe!! What's wrong possum? Are you tired of having your ass handed to you in thread after thread by the big mean "progries"?

I guess when you've got nothing else going for you, being a wingman for magicman is better than nothing. You do make a cute couple in the same way as incorruptible and michael1980 though;)

The saddest parts about watching your posts is claiming victory after you rant for awhile and they stop responding to you, when you make yourself look like a fool.

There always comes a "why bother" point.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I'm just out of here, half this thread appears pretty deranged one way or another.

Boberfett even starts off calling people assholes off the bat, admits he's one, and then goes on to ponder why people thinks he's one.

It's called being clueless.

Logic is out the door in this one.

CYA.

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
NRA has nothing to do with this.

A fucking idiotic parent who didn't have the gun locked up is.

The problem, Sir, is that in the US of A every idiot can easily obtain weapons.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm just out of here, half this thread appears pretty deranged one way or another.

Boberfett even starts off calling people assholes off the bat, admits he's one, and then goes on to ponder why people thinks he's one.

It's called being clueless.

Logic is out the door in this one.

CYA.
Good advice. Think I'll take it myself.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
That's right, rage-bot. I push your button and watch you go!

I might now be trolling you, that's possible. No mommy issues though. She tells me she loves me every night when she puts me to bed.

Wow, that was a sore spot for you, wasn't it? Can't say I get mad on forums, that's a waste of energy, but carry on with whatever you're working up.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Wow, that was a sore spot for you, wasn't it? Can't say I get mad on forums, that's a waste of energy, but carry on with whatever you're working up.

You are a hoot. You try to be Lucy setting up a football to pull away and when I just walk over and take the football you don't know what to do.

Don't worry though, this is all just a chemical reaction happening within your brain over which you have no control. We're all just puppets to our genetics after all.

Last edited: