Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
This game comes out tonight, and I haven't found a single forum thread about it. Is anyone else looking forward to it as much as I am? The game looks awesome, and it's receiving good reviews. Although granted, I loved the first Titanfall, so I may be biased.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSSQw8c_2U

Respawn also just announced that there will be no season pass, and all future maps will be free. So unlike games such as BF and CoD, the playerbase will no longer be fragmented by DLC:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/791350317099212801?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
I've been wondering the same thing. Was just on earlier today wondering where the Titanfall 2 thread is. I myself also liked the original Titanfall - I found it very refreshing from the BF / COD rinse/repeat.

I myself am trying to decide between Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2. I can only devote time to 1 AAA game - my gaming hours and desire are severely reduced.

That is great that future maps will be free. That may be the deciding factor. I hate DLC on BF games - makes it a PITA as not everyone has each expansion. Only problem is most of my friends have decided on BF1...

Do you know if Titanfall 2 has dedicated servers? The matchmaking system was kind of annoying in the first one, especially trying to play with friends.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Wow. No more responses. Either no one cares about the game or the PC gaming forum is generally dying. There would've been a lot of comments in this thread a year ago. Seems like much less action in the Battlefield 1 thread as well. I think people are staying away from the re-designed forums.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
My fix is still taken up by planetside 2 and overwatch. No interest in bf1 or titanfall.

JTDSR

Mar 16, 2012
Does Titanfall have bullet drop and physics of that nature? Or does it have more of a CoD/Unreal Tourney type feel to it?

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Not much interest in FPS games. This noob will not be pwned, sorry. I have to have some good progression in my games to be drawn in.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Does Titanfall have bullet drop and physics of that nature? Or does it have more of a CoD/Unreal Tourney type feel to it?

More COD feel based on the first one. I might get this for christmas... I enjoyed the first for a short while but it sounds like it's improved enough to put more time in the 2nd one.

Bubblehappy

Aug 14, 2010
I myself am trying to decide between Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2. I can only devote time to 1 AAA game - my gaming hours and desire are severely reduced.

If you have a console you can redbox them both. I rented BF the other night and picking up TF2 after work. Then I'll decide which to buy. Loved BF, but also enjoyed the crap out of the original TF.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Well I was gonna get this based on the great reviews its getting but it looks like it'll be dead on PC in no time and there is no offline bots mode to play once the community dies.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I think they are releasing this at a bad time. With Battlefield 1 just out, CoD coming out, they are the lesser name. They should have released it at a different time. I'd definitely be picking it up but I just don't have the time to dedicate to this game because of everything else out.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-share-pri...ubstantially-disappointing-titanfall-2-sales/

cue Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'

Respawn by all accounts seems to have made a great game but the timing couldn't be worse and on top of that not having a PC game on Steam, unless it's a franchise with a devoted following, is like shooting yourself in the foot and Titanfall definitely doesn't have a devoted following on PC. I can imagine if this game were on front page Steam it would have at least 2-3x the sales on PC, possibly even more.

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
I am really waffling over this game. I was disappointed that Battlefield went WW1 instead of futuristic with all the teasing they did with BF4's Final Stand expansion. I thought for sure we would see a 2142 sequel. I really wanted a futuristic shooter with mechs. I guess this is the best I will get. I am just afraid the user base will dwindle to nothing in a couple of months.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
I understand. There were about 15,000 people online on PC last night (Sunday). That doesn't seem like a very high number to me. However, for at least a few months it shouldn't be any problem getting into games. Also, the single player is supposed to be very good (but I haven't tried it yet). I think you'll have plenty of time to get into good MP games, and then fire up SP when/if the player base declines. I suspect more people will pick up this game in the next couple months, as the initial push of BF1 wears off. I'm enjoying it very much so far.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
After zero of my friends got into the first one, I'm not about to do that again.

When it gets cheap, I'll buy it for the campaign.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
After zero of my friends got into the first one, I'm not about to do that again.

When it gets cheap, I'll buy it for the campaign.

FWIW the campaign so far seems to be quite well done. I'm not sure how long it will last but so far I am really enjoying it.
I just got to the part where time travel is involved and the level design is quite clever.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
The first one was too arcadey. I might pick it up when it gets cheap. However does it still have the same awful lobby system? I felt like I spent more time in the lobby than playing the game last time.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
WDA_Slayer <----- my Origin ID. Feel free to add me. I'm really liking the amped Hardpoint game mode.

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010
All I've heard is that the single player campaign is spectacular while everyone believes the multiplayer side will be dead within months. I'll buy it when it's on sale for under $30.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking. I might have picked it up, but they launched right in the middle of Battlefield 1, Call of Duty, and Civilization 6. I may get it later, but it sounds like there won't be a community and I'm not interested in single player FPS games in general.

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
Well I picked up a copy for $48. I am definitely in the mood for a different game. Started the sp campaign last night. So far, so good. Enjoying the platforming. It's a nice break from just run & gun play. I will give multiplayer a shot tonight.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Respawn is the original Infinity Ward that made Modern Warfare so good...and judging by how much I liked Titanfall, they are the best FPS studio.

I've always thought that all DLC should be free because it puts a 6 month old game in the news for new sales that way. No need to nickel and dime, just get new players to pay full price for the game.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking. I might have picked it up, but they launched right in the middle of Battlefield 1, Call of Duty, and Civilization 6. I may get it later, but it sounds like there won't be a community and I'm not interested in single player FPS games in general.
Yea, I'm going to book solid for the next year or so. Bf1 -> Mass Effect -> Civ6, also going to have to shoehorn XCOM2 in there somewhere.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Bought Titanfall 2 for PC yesterday and here are my thoughts... and keep in mind that I never played the original so this is purely my mostly ignorant review.

I like the game, but I feel like it is just shy of a decade late.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Source engine (and HL2 is one of my "nothing will ever beat this, probably" titles) but the game clearly appears dated in the graphics department--even when maxed out on a RX 480. Not a deal breaker, given that it is fun to play and runs smooth, but the lighting and effects are pretty two generations ago. It doesn't even look as nice as the first Crysis (now 9 years old) and I could run that, nearly maxed out, on a 1GB HD4870 and core 2 quad under 3ghz. Yikes.

Anyway, the overall feel of the game is good but it's a little corny/silly to me. Just the way the AI speaks, the hilarious comms voices, and the less-than-serious "mercs" that throw useless troops your way. A lot of the weapons feel pretty unnecessary and unbalanced and I couldn't figure out why the AI was so slow and dumb. Helps when you up the diff but it was still pretty bad. Weapons are fun to use though, and there is no shortage of enemies to shoot, which is good.

Probably give the single player a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 so far, will keep playing

I'll also jump into the multiplayer later this week and see how long it takes for servers to get hacked.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love the Source engine (and HL2 is one of my "nothing will ever beat this, probably" titles) but the game clearly appears dated in the graphics department--even when maxed out on a RX 480.

Today's Source engine has been upgraded a ton since the Half Life 2 days. And Respawn also does their own work on it. Pretty sure the main thing they use Source for is the network code.

But how does it look dated? From video I saw the single player campaign looked gorgeous.