Titan Quest

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Prism
I've just installed the game and I'm about to play it. Should I make a multiplayer character right away or should I play it through on singleplayer (if there's any difference)?

Singleplayer is the heart of this game. Mutliplayer is nice if you have some friends around, but the multiplayer characters can't go to singleplayer mode; single-player characters can be used for multiplayer though.

Originally posted by: Pepsei
i just got both, should i install both and play from the beginning, or install main game and finish that first?

Definitely install them both and start playing. It will give you the ability to start collecting items that are only available in the expansion.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Is it a pain in the butt to get to the expansion stuff? If not I might buy the expansion and blaze through to that point.

Fullmetal Chocobo

May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Dorkenstein
Is it a pain in the butt to get to the expansion stuff? If not I might buy the expansion and blaze through to that point.

Not at all. And it makes it much more worth it. Relics can give some nice bonuses, and it's better to start collecting the recipes for them early on.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Fyi: Not totally related but iron lore went out of business yesterday...

DrVos

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Originally posted by: Dorkenstein

Not at all. And it makes it much more worth it. Relics can give some nice bonuses, and it's better to start collecting the recipes for them early on.

There are also a number of UI fixes that make the game alot more enjoyable to play. Auto-sort and Caravan FTW!

Chriscross3234

Jun 4, 2006
There are also a number of UI fixes that make the game alot more enjoyable to play. Auto-sort and Caravan FTW!

Where can I get these UI updates? I just bought the game today so it would be nice to enjoy these right off the bat

SirFelixCat

Nov 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Chriscross3234

Where can I get these UI updates? I just bought the game today so it would be nice to enjoy these right off the bat

Are the UI fixes in the one expansion "Immortal Throne"?

Fullmetal Chocobo

May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: SirFelixCat
Originally posted by: Chriscross3234

Are the UI fixes in the one expansion "Immortal Throne"?

Yes. Although I consider them more of features than fixes.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
Originally posted by: Schadenfreude
I just got the game two days ago - I'm hooked.

That is all.
me too homeslice..where are you? did you leave greece yet?
Look closer buddy. This thread is really old.

SirFelixCat

Nov 24, 2005
Well, fwiw, I picked up the Gold Edition last night, due to this thread, and yeah, I'm hooked as well. Still in Greece, but can't wait to spend a few more hours in this tonight!!!

Started off w/ Dream. Not sure where I'm going w/ my 2nd mastery. The links up top are quite helpful too.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Well, fwiw, I picked up the Gold Edition last night, due to this thread, and yeah, I'm hooked as well. Still in Greece, but can't wait to spend a few more hours in this tonight!!!

Started off w/ Dream. Not sure where I'm going w/ my 2nd mastery. The links up top are quite helpful too.

Dream / Defense is pretty fun. I find it to have a good combo of survivability and DPS. Dream / Warrior is crazy powerful, but dies every four seconds... and pairing the Dream mastery with non-melee masteries doesn't make a ton of sense either IMO.

SirFelixCat

Nov 24, 2005
Ok, can someone answer me this:

On the character screen "C", the bottom left armor slot...it's square in shape...wtf goes there?

Since I have the Gold Edition, the original Instruction booklet that comes w/ it shows a completely different chracter screen, so that bottom left armor slot is a big ??? to me. Please help.

TIA.

Fullmetal Chocobo

May 13, 2003
Ok, can someone answer me this:

On the character screen "C", the bottom left armor slot...it's square in shape...wtf goes there?

Since I have the Gold Edition, the original Instruction booklet that comes w/ it shows a completely different chracter screen, so that bottom left armor slot is a big ??? to me. Please help.

TIA.

I think they are called artifacts. I can't remember the name exactly. But you find recipes and create artifacts using other recipes and the item mods. You could find more info online, but it might give away some stuff if you prefer to find out everything on your own.

SirFelixCat

Nov 24, 2005
Ahhhh ok, gotcha. Found a recipe, but a long ways off from being able to make it. Thanks...been driving me nuts.

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
I have a juggernaut build sitting at level 32. Its a very good solo and great for gangs. Unfortunately me and my TQ groupers play Hellgate London now and like it much better due to the theme. We still do TQ over the net every once in a while. I'll get my Assassin maxed up one of these days too.

DrVos

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
i'm a hunter/nature, anyone else do that combination?

I've got a lvl 12 Ranger (Nature+Hunter). It seems like a pretty good combo so far. Its alot of fun getting my wolf to do the dirty work while I pick off my enemies from a distance...all the while casting heal spells.

I also have a lvl 16 Earth+Spirit and a lvl 13 Warfare+Dream and I seem to be having an easier time with my Ranger build...though it might be due to having more experience. The only problem so far is that I don't have anything that is good and dealing with mobs (yet).

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
My elementalist seems to be leveling up the fastest because (like the sorceress) she can dish out mega spells and destroy groups of enemies before they can touch her.
Elementalists do alright but you cant let anyone near you.

My main problem was getting past that mega-sized yeti. He can freeze you and then do massive cold damage in huge bursts. I died at him a dozen times before I finally figured out ways to reduce the cold damage and avoid the freeze.