Titan Quest

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Where is a good site to read up on strategy/char creation before first playing these games?

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Hunter and Dream mastery is a good first build... a little over powered relative to the other classes, all things considered, but good for the first run through.

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
I have a Defense/Earth aka Juggernaut and its by far one of the more fun classes to play.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I prefer defense/dream (if you want overkill) (it is very similar to hunter but slightly faster pace so (to me) a little more enjoyable) or something with storm (storm/nature or storm/spiirt - druid or oracle) while less powerful build zapping everything with lightning is a lot of fun - (folks will say that lightning is not the most powerful build - but my first character was druid and the game was not overly difficult with a relatively weak build (my stat distribution was very poor as well as skill choice)).

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
How is the warlock? I know next to nothign bout the game yet but I always love creating a 'lock/necro in my games :D

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've had the expansion for a while now but only just noticed the Dream Mastery.
Theres a crapload of really sweet passive abilities there. You can get some very powerful damage reflection/absorbtion if you want. Not to mention big attack and defense boosts alongside strong HP/MP regeneration.
I should think that would complement a warrior or hunter very nicely.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Is there a way to check the FPS while the game is running? It seems to have a slight stutter that's noticeable when I've got it over half zoomed out and walking among the wheat fields at the beginning.

mc866

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2005
Originally posted by: lupi
Is there a way to check the FPS while the game is running? It seems to have a slight stutter that's noticeable when I've got it over half zoomed out and walking among the wheat fields at the beginning.

Have you tried FRAPS?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I love this game. I've beaten Typhon with two characters, and they are going through the expansion now. I was coinsidering doing some kind of combination between a rogue, dream, and hunting character next. I've heard bad things about the hunter later on in higher difficulty settings becaues their resistances are so high. But I'll try it out. :)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I found it difficult to find the basic good strategy disscusion stuff with all the post on the main forums about this game. One of the few things I got was it's better to play a pure melee or caster as your first char so I went with an oracle.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I found it difficult to find the basic good strategy disscusion stuff with all the post on the main forums about this game. One of the few things I got was it's better to play a pure melee or caster as your first char so I went with an oracle.

I didn't read too much about builds--I just started making and playing characters. The game is great fun, and you still get lots of items that can be used for characters later. :)

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001

its a result of poor coding.

regardless of your system setup, it happens in various places. For the most part you can live with it but sometimes it is sucks when you know you have a very powerful system and it more or less rubberbands.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
It is a known problem. The publishers will not allow the developers to release a patch (god i hate publishers - and again this one is thq (re: bioshock crap)). Anyways, the developers have indicated that they might release a patch on their own sometime soon (not sure if this is still their plan) (yea for developers, down with publishers).

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
One of the things that has been discussed is the good balance in the game. Any combination is good enough to be sucessful. Some are more fun than others. And once you get used to a handful of abilities its a challenge to play with another set of masteries.
I picked a storm/earth combo and spent most of my points on the two weapon enhancing abilities of fire and ice. My elementalist is only level 24 and has an average damage of 466 per second, with LOTS of powerful residual damage. Even strong monsters die soon if not from the first hit. Thats pretty good considering how gimped the main attack of Mage characters is supposed to be. She also has some decent area-effect spells to slow/soften enemies before they rip her butt apart.

Also have a warrior/defender thats decent. He seems pretty wimpy because he cant take out masses of monsters in one attack, but I still like him.

Further down my list are a hunter/rogue and a nature/spirit. They will get the hand-me-downs as my more powerful characters get better goodies.

rangda

Nov 20, 2006
For those interested in this game, Target has both the main game and expansions on clearance for $10 each. I grabbed copies this past weekend.

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: rangda
For those interested in this game, Target has both the main game and expansions on clearance for $10 each. I grabbed copies this past weekend.

:Q

I just bought the copies there for regular price . . . :(

prism

Oct 23, 2004
I've just installed the game and I'm about to play it. Should I make a multiplayer character right away or should I play it through on singleplayer (if there's any difference)?

prism

Oct 23, 2004
I've been playing it for a bit now, and I'm having some weird errors.

First, melee attacks made by my character make no noise whatsoever (I can hear enemy melee attacks though).

Second, audio gets a little skippy when listening to townsfolk talk.

Finally, there are uneven blurry "stripes" that go through the dialog boxes from the townsfolk.

Anyone know how to remedy any of these problems? I used the game's updater to get the latest version of the game before I even started playing.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I can't say, only problems I've noticed has been the FPS drop during the initial stage when walking among the wheat field or when I'm near a cave opening.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
i just got both, should i install both and play from the beginning, or install main game and finish that first?