Time Warner - Nightmare in the making - Do you work for them?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Haui
Originally posted by: guyver01
THIS FUCKER CAME ALONG AND MOVED THE CABLE FOR NO REASON AND DRILLED INTO MY BRICK.

When they re-run the wiring.. ALL WIRE is removed.. and fresh wire is run... they wont reuse old wire on a re-run.

That's why he moved it.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. They didnt run ANY new wire on the house.......AT ALL. Take your expert advice to the "no body cares what you have to say " section.

So he determined that they needed to do a new drop cable from the cable box to the house (which would require them to bury it). ....he advised me that I could leave and that he would be running a temp drop cable

again.. re-read your own story.. he told you he'd be rerunning the wire.

He said he would be re-running a DROP cable - let me spell it out for you.

Cable Box (outside at the street) - New Drop cable from cable box to the end of my house - Connect to already existing wire on the house that was moved and didnt need to be moved.

Need mom to explain?

The DROP cable goes to the ground block... unless the ground block is waaay up at the top of your roof, it will be close to the earth ground on your house... which is usually near the bottom of your house.

You know that little 3-way splitter at the side of your house? the one with the yellow tag that says "property of the cable company.. do not remove" .. that's the ground block.

Haui

Feb 18, 2007
THIS FUCKER CAME ALONG AND MOVED THE CABLE FOR NO REASON AND DRILLED INTO MY BRICK.

When they re-run the wiring.. ALL WIRE is removed.. and fresh wire is run... they wont reuse old wire on a re-run.

That's why he moved it.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. They didnt run ANY new wire on the house.......AT ALL. Take your expert advice to the "no body cares what you have to say " section.

So he determined that they needed to do a new drop cable from the cable box to the house (which would require them to bury it). ....he advised me that I could leave and that he would be running a temp drop cable

again.. re-read your own story.. he told you he'd be rerunning the wire.

He said he would be re-running a DROP cable - let me spell it out for you.

Cable Box (outside at the street) - New Drop cable from cable box to the end of my house - Connect to already existing wire on the house that was moved and didnt need to be moved.

Need mom to explain?

The DROP cable goes to the ground block... unless the ground block is waaay up at the top of your roof, it will be close to the earth ground on your house... which is usually near the bottom of your house.

You know that little 3-way splitter at the side of your house? the one with the yellow tag that says "property of the cable company.. do not remove" .. that's the ground block.

Dude - you can read. Is that what this thing is? I thought my penis went in that.

Im not stupid boy....

Haui

Feb 18, 2007
Im not stupid boy....

just ignorant. typical texan.

Is that ALL you got?

As Stan the Man would say... 'nuff said.

That's all i NEED.

Lol.

What does being a Texan have to do with it? You offended about half the people on these forums with that remark.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Im not stupid boy....

Is that ALL you got?

That's all i NEED.

Lol.

What does being a Texan have to do with it?

I lived in texas for a year... my wife grew up around Lubbock and we moved into the area when we first got married...

all the texans i encountered were so bull headed, that if you pointed out an error for ANYTHING... they see it as an affront to their dignity and nearly wanna shoot ya with their gun for it. With these damn idiots, no such thing as debate or advice.. if you dont agree with them.. to hell with you... one of the main reasons we moved back to new york.. more civilized.

so like i said.. your replies are typical. a person points out errors in an argument or discussion and you resort to personal attacks.

reply however you'd like. im done.

/thread

Haui

Feb 18, 2007
Im not stupid boy....

Is that ALL you got?

That's all i NEED.

Lol.

What does being a Texan have to do with it?

I lived in texas for a year... my wife grew up around Lubbock and we moved into the area when we first got married...

all the texans i encountered were so bull headed, that if you pointed out an error for ANYTHING... they see it as an affront to their dignity and nearly wanna shoot ya with their gun for it. With these damn idiots, no such thing as debate or advice.. if you dont agree with them.. to hell with you... one of the main reasons we moved back to new york.. more civilized.

so like i said.. your replies are typical. a person points out errors in an argument or discussion and you resort to personal attacks.

reply however you'd like. im done.

/thread

Thats Lubbock....this is Dallas.

Good lord its about time you left!

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
You neighbor can't force you to do anything, they need to go after TW.