Time to stock up on ARs/AKs and other fun weapons for real now...

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
Because passing a new assault weapon ban is part of the Democrat Party's platform, and come next year they will be in charge.

The next two years will definitely be "interesting."

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: OFFascist
Because passing a new assault weapon ban is part of the Democrat Party's platform, and come next year they will be in charge.

Kinda trollish but I'll bite....I bought a fully auto AR15 and a MAC10 a week after the ban dropped. Also bought 20 round clips for my pistols.

But its kinda trollish.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
You could have bought a full auto AR15 and MAC10 during the ban too since they were not considered "assault weapons" but rather NFA registered weapons.

Assault weapon's ban didnt ban full auto.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Yea, stock up now, so when they ban them later and you have to turn them over for free or face a felony, and you will lose the cash you spent to buy them. Great idea, man.

Hope you got a nice deep hole dug in your backyard to hide them all in if you bought them with no background checks at a gun show, too.

What's the point of having an assault rifle if you can't use it and have to hide it to own it or go to jail?

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: SlickSnake
Yea, stock up now, so when they ban them later and you have to turn them over for free or face a felony, and you will lose the cash you spent to buy them. Great idea, man.

Hope you got a nice deep hole dug in your backyard to hide them all in if you bought them with no background checks at a gun show, too.

What's the point of having an assault rifle if you can't use it and have to hide it to own it or go to jail?

I dunno why you'd want any thing but a shot gun... I was in the army and I could care less about AR-15's etc...etc... Shot guns rule for home security any day. But, what's your point in buying them now and turning them over later unless you plan on breaking the laws?

What is your real motive?

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

Because they Dems would committ political suicide(figurtively and maybe even seriously) if they didnt grandfather in pre-existing guns already owned.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Kinda trollish but I'll bite....I bought a fully auto AR15 and a MAC10 a week after the ban dropped. Also bought 20 round clips for my pistols.

But its kinda trollish.

woldn't that be an m16? what did you pay? what pistols that hold 20rnds?

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003

not gonna happen.....and if it does, i think you will see a lot of people using these weapons. if that were to happen, would you really want to see what else they would do the constitution?

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003

there is talk of any firearm that has a removable mag, so this is a very broad description including pistols that have removable mags.

even though the awb didn't do shit for crime, that doesn't matter, w/ biden as a vp, he will want to take them all

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
First, gun bans are stupid and I hope it doesn't become a Democratic agenda.

That said, I don't understand the fascination with ar-15s / AK-47s / M-16's / etc

Is it the taboo factor?
Military "tough guy" image?

If you want defense, a handgun or shotgun is way better.

If you want sport, a deer rifle is way more accurate.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: deftron
First, gun bans are stupid and I hope it doesn't become a Democratic agenda.

it is in their dnc agenda - the dnc pamphlet.

also, ar15s are fun just as 10/22s and all types of guns. why limit to one type? and fwiw, there are many moa or sub moa ar15s. also, i wouldn't say an ar15 is taboo, hell even remington is selling them now - lots of parts available too.

fwiw, i like my old lever action winchester 94 just as much as an ar15 or shotgun, i just enjoy the diversity.

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006

Shotguns are too long, the shortened variety are illegal. There is a reason SWAT teams enjoyed the MP5 and other small rifle/handgun hybrid.

If handguns are illegal and they come knocking at the door, I will purchase one on the black market. I am not being denied a right that this country has had for over 200 years.

Let's get the foundation of our country fixed instead of worry about everyone elses problems.

jeffw2767602

Banned
Aug 22, 2007
I don't really understand why you would EVER need an assault rifle unless you were doing something illegal lol.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: jeffw2767602
I don't really understand why you would EVER need an assault rifle unless you were doing something illegal lol.

"Assault" rifles are just dressed up semi-automatic rifles. Most are available in .223 or .308, which are common varmint and deer calibers.

The great thing about the AR-15 platform is that they are easily modifiable with many extra safety features not present on standard hunting rifles. And most people who have AR-15's are avid shooters and/or hunters.

Criminals aren't going to spend $1,000+ on a rifle, they are going to go buy a .38 special or 9mm from the black market to do their crimes with.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
I agree ...... why would anyone need an automatic assault rifle?
I have a shotgun and a 30-30 for hunting and a 357 revolver for home security. Why would you need anything more than that?

jeffw2767602

Banned
Aug 22, 2007
I guess that is why I don't understand. I personally am not a hunter but if I did hunt, I wouldn't use a gun. I would rather give the animal a slight chance lol. I really would like to hunt caveman style with a group of 5-8 and spears or a bows and arrows lol. I probably wouldn't be very successful haha but again, thats why I am not a hunter I guess.

That brings me to your next point. Criminals aren't going to use $1000 rifles except in the most organized of crime so they are obviously not the problem.

I worked with an extreme right winger that said we should all have guns on us at all times. This doesn't represent the republican view at all IMO but can you imagine some of the retards that you are forced to interact with on a daily basis if they had guns. Some people just wouldn't be able to handle guns even if they knew they person they were about to shoot could shoot them as well haha.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Skitzer
I have a shotgun and a 30-30 for hunting and a 357 revolver for home security. Why would you need anything more than that?

Let's get this straight. Assault rifles are NOT Automatic rifles. They are Semi-Automatic, just like a million other hunting/sport rifles.

Automatic rifles were banned by the National Firearms Act of 1934.

This is not about what you need or what you think other people need.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skitzer

Assault. I don't hunt but wouldn't mind having a M16 or AR-15 in case the shit hits the fan.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course you need an assault rifle to protect your self from the nut who already bought two assault rifles. And don't forget to buy that bullet proof vest. And you too can be ripping up your own walls and doors at unprecedented speeds.

Be the first kid on your block to have a matched set of five.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: mooseracing

Let's get the foundation of our country fixed instead of worry about everyone elses problems.
Agreed. Guns are the last thing anyone gives a sht about, only the irrational idiots who think theirs will be taken away.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003

There are a lot of things I don't "NEED". Hell, I don't need a car that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds and tops out at 200mph. You know why people like that kind of stuff?

Brace yourself...

Holy shit it's fun!

amddude

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Originally posted by: mooseracing

Agreed. Guns are the last thing anyone gives a sht about, only the irrational idiots who think theirs will be taken away.

Obama threw down the gun control gauntlet at his DNC acceptance speech. He brought it up when he didn't even need to.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
more fear-mongering, this time it's post election though

nothing to see here

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

This would easily be ruled unconstitutional. Some type of compensation has to be given if they are going to start and confiscate weapons and not grand father them in. This is what they had to do in the 90's Assault Weapon Ban. Also gun confiscation looks really bad and provides plenty of political ammunition to the Republicans. I suspect that it will be grand father again as it was in the 90's Assault Weapon Ban.

I am not sure if they are going to do anything. After the SCOTUS ruling this election didn't have much talk about gun control. I am not sure if Obama wants to go down this path and spend political capital on this item. He has a lot bigger things to work on. Also the Assault Weapons Ban helped the republicans in 1994 during the mid-term elections. I am not sure if the Democrats want to do a repeat.