Time To Show Some Good Will for the Holidays and the New Year.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
This happens every year,right after Christmas,when folks get a new computer.Bingo,on line and right to A-Tech(cuz thier friends told them it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool).Newbies assault forum,but mean no harm.Remember,you were not born knowing what you know now,you had to learn it.Same goes for Homer the computer neophyte.Be cool to them and watch them thrive on the forums. I should know ,I was one of them.

Peace and Merry Christmas!!!

Lounatik

stingbandel

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2000

<< P.S. I am the Nice Mod. You don't want to read the version of this post the Mean Mod wrote. >>

you bet I don't want it sir ;)

Darno

xqqqme

Jul 20, 2000
I hope all the mods read this also - some of the comments they make are on the rude side also.
You can let someone know they didn't follow the rules or posted something inapproriate without being mean about it - look at the mods at F**wallet - they are always polite.

---

Fortunately, F**wallet is not our problem. Their mods can run their forums any way they choose. :)

AnandTech Moderator

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

<< gra·tu·i·tous
adj.
1. Given or granted without return or recompense; unearned.
2.Given or received without cost or obligation; free.
3. Unnecessary or unwarranted; unjustified: gratuitous criticism
>>

For those too lazy to look it up (I believe the Mod was referring to definition 3).

Happy holidays!

BigNeko

Jun 16, 2001
Merry Christmas to the HD Mods! Thanks for volunteering your time year round to keep this a great place to find great deals. You guys (and gals?) are the ones with the Good Will for the rest of us.

SharkB8

May 25, 2000
Hey Mod, if you need a list of annoying members repeatedly guilty of the referred to offense please PM me. This policy was need months ago, thank you.

jTek

Jun 8, 2001
THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I really despise it when a 16 year old with "Senior" status lives to flame simple mistakes.

davesaudio

Oct 24, 2000
varta1.com
Must be goin' around (like the flu)
methinks I saw a very similar mod posting on ARS...
maybe the "next generation" on computer forums is about 6 months- thus a 6 month forum veteran exhibits teen-age behavior (grin)

Merry Christmas guys

Dave

bhess

Jul 25, 2000
Great post! Thanks mods for typing yet again a reminder for the ruddies around here.
Maybe it should be a monthly post though?

RobK

Oct 10, 1999
Legally though, subscribers ARE entitled to a pro-rated refund. The Terms of Service (until amended, as I imagine they will be) do not provide for this situation. Any chargebacks therefore would legally be valid.

This is poor policy in general I feel. This is not the movies, where the whole scene is over in a few minutes. Subscriptions are long and legally defensible to be pro-rated.

omarBMX

Oct 29, 2001
This is one of the MANY reasons why Faatwallet is so much better than Banandtech...

O GOD, they wont even let me write "faatwallet (minus 1 a)" in the post, god you guys are pathetic!

---

I am not locking your account, but if that is what you believe, you are certainly welcome to enjoy yourself, THERE. According to xqqqme, their mods are always polite, so they will probably put up with your rudeness. We won't.

AnandTech Moderator

Buzzman151

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001

<< Hey Mod, if you need a list of annoying members repeatedly guilty of the referred to offense please PM me. This policy was need months ago, thank you. >>

someone needs to find a direction to point their life in, instead of trying to make themselves a self-made mod :p

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001

<< This is one of the MANY reasons why Faatwallet is so much better than Banandtech...

O GOD, they wont even let me write "faatwallet (minus 1 a)" in the post, god you guys are pathetic!
>>

So why are you here?

Fartwallet is better because they let people act like dicks? Is that what you're saying? Um..cool.

Hoinch

Dec 26, 2001
really nice to see this. i'v been watching from the sidelines for awhile and finally joined when i saw this thread "help fellow AT member". this is really positive. thanks MOD and all great members of AT :D

riznick

Feb 9, 2001
I dont like those pathetics that like to say they got in before the thread got locked.

why is anandtech afraid of us saying "f a t w a l l e t" ? It seems like they
are scared we will all switch over or something.

Lemondrop

Jul 20, 2000
"IBTL" I believe is still a BANNED offense , depending on the mod .

Ive been saying for a long time that if they would delete the thread instead of letting it stay and locking it would be mucho better . If you delete the thread the rude crappers get a loss of the precious post count number . After a while Im sure they would figure out it's easier to not say anything than stupid replies , since most times they are doing it for post count padding anyway .........

Rab

Oct 11, 1999

<< Fartwallet is better because they let people act like dicks? Is that what you're saying? Um..cool. >>

See #2.

F*twallet does not allow people to "act like d*cks", they're simply a bit more reserved in their opinions when they take corrective action.

Nothing really wrong with that, or they way Anand has his mod system set up.

Different forums for different folks.

-Rab

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001

<<

<< Fartwallet is better because they let people act like dicks? Is that what you're saying? Um..cool. >>

See #2.

F*twallet does not allow people to "act like d*cks", they're simply a bit more reserved in their opinions when they take corrective action.

Nothing really wrong with that, or they way Anand has his mod system set up.

Different forums for different folks.

-Rab
>>

I'm aware of that; I'm a member. The poster was suggesting, though, that this thread indicated some sort of oppression occurring over here at AT.

In my opinion, the kind of enforcement that happens here is necessary. There seem to be a lot of people out there who just revel in anonymity, and take every opportunity to jump on someone at first sign of a "violation". I believe that the only thing being suggested here is to treat fellow members with respect, which isn't really unreasonable.