Time to round up those illegal aliens (from all countries) and deport them?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daovonnaex

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
I vote no, as illegal aliens do the dirty jobs (for less than minimum wage, I might add) that no one else will.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Millennium
Originally posted by: Underground727
Originally posted by: necro702
Originally posted by: MeanMeosh
i say that if they have made it through all the crap they have to make it through to get into the country illegally, let them stay. and plus, i just dont see anyone else who are willing to do the menial jobs they do for the pay they get.

and psteng19: you're just stupid. don't transfer the sins of the parents to the kids.

No your just stupid! This is our country. Not just anyone who can sneak
in. I don't want illegals living next to me plotting to blow stuff up, abducting
little kids, and so on. So what if they do menial jobs. We can find a way
to pay a little more for good workers if we need to.

Unless you're a native american, your family immigrated here at one point. Not all illegals are terrorists either. You are a very close minded person.

Yes, but LEGALLY immigrated.

Did you legally slaughter the Native Americans too?

berger034

Apr 25, 2003
its not that the border patrol is not doing their job, the blame should be put on businesses over here in this country. they are providing the opportunity to illegal immigrants. they are the ones that we need to fine/imprison. think about it, supply and demand. you make the laws harsher for employers to hire illegals and they will hire less. and seriously, i live in the worse place for illegal border crossings and if you asked a mexican dude to work on your yard its 80 bucks a day plus you have to feed them. and they are now part of this underground labor union where they all want 80 bucks. i would rather hire some kid at 5.00 an hour

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
FYI, most international students pay up the ass for college and aren't elligable for financial aid. That's why colleges love them. Guess what? They're subsidizing artificially low tutition for state residents and the like. Yeah, get rid of those bastards.

Heeeelllloooooo... earth to idiot: foreign students here on a student visa are here legally and hence should not be deported......

What's up with the knee jerk assumption that present law = morally right.

Then change the law. In a democracy, if the law isn't right, there are ways for the people to change them. Until they are changed, they should be enforced as they stand. If you start going down the path of "the law isn't morally right so we won't enforce it", then where does it end? Who decides what laws are 'morally right'?? It's a stupid idea. The law is the law. If it's not right, fight to change it.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Dudd
Originally posted by: anno
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
Originally posted by: psteng19
But isn't it true that once their kids are born on US soil, they're legal citizens?

I hate that law :|

Just their kids would be.

just their american born kids would be, which sometimes creates some awkward situations.. please help hitesh

Why? They came here illegally. Sucks to be them.

Yes, let's get rid of productive young students because their paperwork lapsed. They are a drain on the economy running their own store, and all I can see is them raping our daughters and blowing up our buildings.

/sarcasm for the slow

Maybe they should keep their paper work up to date? Oh wait that would advocate personal responsibility and just about everyone hates that.
rolleye.gif

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: isaacmacdonald
But isn't it true that once their kids are born on US soil, they're legal citizens?

just their american born kids would be, which sometimes creates some awkward situations.. please help hitesh

Yes, let's get rid of productive young students because their paperwork lapsed. They are a drain on the economy running their own store, and all I can see is them raping our daughters and blowing up our buildings.

/sarcasm for the slow

another good point.

FYI, most international students pay up the ass for college and aren't elligable for financial aid. That's why colleges love them. Guess what? They're subsidizing artificially low tutition for state residents and the like. Yeah, get rid of those bastards.

They don't pay anymore than middle class out of state students and I don't think they subsidize anything.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002

/sarcasm for the slow

another good point.

They don't pay anymore than middle class out of state students and I don't think they subsidize anything.

I dunno about Mississippi, but here in TX, the state schools have almost no out of state students.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002

/sarcasm for the slow

another good point.

In some circumstances this is the case. However, bear in mind that international students are generally inelligable for any financial aid, as opposed to other (even non-state) residents. They become comparable to the rich kiddies, who more or less do subsidize the other students who don't have as much money.

my gf @ bard (my college) was paying in excess of 15k more than I was, though I'm sure her father was making less than 40% of what my parents were packing away.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I should point out that at the beginning of the thread I said yaye to removing all illegals and I think it's a good idea. However I'll also point out that most of the illegals in the US could simply not come to the US legally. People may say "do it the right way" but the US is not handing out working authorization and legal status to uneducated Mexicans. Coming to the US legally is often difficult. So ask yourself if you were an uneducated mexican with no job skills and lived in Mexico would you, knowing there is no way to legally come to the US, jump the border anyway you should? Perhaps you would.

Selfishly though I don't believe illegals benefit the country. People say they do the menial labor that nobody else wants to do. That's all fine and dandy but if you really think that the illegals were helping the US they'd not be illegal - the US would have made them legal and allow them to come in. However the US does not allow that because the US knows that for every person working their ass off and staying on the good side of the law you've got another person who's competing with his fellow uneducated illegals for a few jobs (I see them by the dozens in front of certain gas stations locally - the idea is you can drive up and offer them work I think).

Illegals represent a higher than average proportion of criminals (partly due to their background and partly due to lack of work) and charge the health care system without giving back to it. They don't pay taxes either.

Now what about opening the border and making them all legal? Or saying "If you had the wits to get in to the US (a freaking easy thing to do let's be honest about here) then you should be legal"? That's a crazy idea. You'd have millions of mexicans (and those from other countries) pouring into busses and flooding the nation with lowly educated people who will not benefit the country. Heck you might get a few thousand stupid canadians too!

Most countries trying to better themselves want to maximize the immigration of educated capable people benefitting the nation and minimize those who are not capable and not educated. Immigration realizes this and tries to do it. Illegal immigrants circumvent that. Do you really believe the US would benefit from an influx of, say, 5 million people who have an education inferior to the average american high school grad? Of course not.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
I dunno about Mississippi, but here in TX, the state schools have almost no out of state students.

The in-state students are subsidized by tax money, not out of state and foreign students.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Initially, when the US was a new fledgeling country, it made sense to take as many immigrants as possible (educated or not), because it fueled the rapid expansion of the country, and grew the economy. The size of the US is no longer growing and there simply isn't a need for a large unregulated influx of immigrants. However, the influx of immigrants is still important because they bring with them new ideas, a strong drive to succeed, and new hope, which every country needs. Thus, immigration needs to be allowed, but regulated. Increase the amount of "legal" immigration (the number of visas and permanent residence cards), but cut down on the illegal and unregulated immigration -- use the army to patrol the borders if need be (after all, isn't that the job of the army, to protect the borders of the US?)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: tagej
Initially, when the US was a new fledgeling country, it made sense to take as many immigrants as possible (educated or not), because it fueled the rapid expansion of the country, and grew the economy. The size of the US is no longer growing and there simply isn't a need for a large unregulated influx of immigrants. However, the influx of immigrants is still important because they bring with them new ideas, a strong drive to succeed, and new hope, which every country needs. Thus, immigration needs to be allowed, but regulated. Increase the amount of "legal" immigration (the number of visas and permanent residence cards), but cut down on the illegal and unregulated immigration -- use the army to patrol the borders if need be (after all, isn't that the job of the army, to protect the borders of the US?)
Also tolerance would have to go down. We were at the license office and a mexican guy tried to use a fake SSN. Obviously he was illegal not to mention the use of a fake SSN to get a government issued ID. Well the lady realized what was going on and took his card. He left. Where were the cops? Nobody cares.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

/sarcasm for the slow

another good point.

I don't live in MS either, so I couldn't tell you. How am I supposed to know about MS if you don't?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Underground727
Originally posted by: necro702
Originally posted by: MeanMeosh
i say that if they have made it through all the crap they have to make it through to get into the country illegally, let them stay. and plus, i just dont see anyone else who are willing to do the menial jobs they do for the pay they get.

and psteng19: you're just stupid. don't transfer the sins of the parents to the kids.

No your just stupid! This is our country. Not just anyone who can sneak
in. I don't want illegals living next to me plotting to blow stuff up, abducting
little kids, and so on. So what if they do menial jobs. We can find a way
to pay a little more for good workers if we need to.

Unless you're a native american, your family immigrated here at one point. Not all illegals are terrorists either. You are a very close minded person.

Yes, but LEGALLY immigrated.

Did you legally slaughter the Native Americans too?

Nice strawman. That is the only way you can debate. Never have anything, but fallacies. Good job!