Tim Russert has died

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
NY Post

wow

TIM RUSSERT DIES FROM APPARENT HEART ATTACK

Tim Russert, NBC journalist and political heavyweight host of "Meet the Press," has died after collapsing at NBC's Washington news bureau, a source said. He was 58 years old.

Russert, who rose from the inside world of politics where he was former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo's press secretary and one-time chief of staff to the late Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, was able to successfully cross over to political journalism and rise to become one of its leading lights.

In his role as host of the seminal Sunday morning political program "Meet the Press" - which he took over in 1991 - he became renowned for his hard-nosed interviews where he frequently cornered some of Washington's cagiest political figures with tough questions.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
this seriously like rocks my world. I've watched MTP for like 20 years, not to mention his seemingly 24/7 presence on msnbc.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Wow, this is crazy. My prayers are with his family and friends.

rose.gif

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Wow.. Shame. He certainly knew the political arena better than most, and actually gave a damn generally about reporting the truth.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
What a shame. A true loss to the world of journalism and to civil discourse amongst political talking heads.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
<brokaw>He was delicious</brokaw>

Sorry, bad taste I know, but I couldn't help it. He will be missed.
rose.gif

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
<brokaw>He was delicious</brokaw>

Sorry, bad taste I know, but I couldn't help it. He will be missed.
rose.gif

it's ok /hug

I've been trying really hard not to make a joke about Hillary getting revenge :(

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Crap. He was my favorite tv news personality. Just a few weeks ago Terry MacAuliffe said on MTP how Russert's dad was looking down on them now, to which Russert informed him that his father was still alive.

Fuck, they're gonna have David Gregory host MTP now.