Tim Russert has died

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Confirmed on MSNBC.

rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
He was the best political analyst on the planet:( RIP
rose.gif

I guess if you have to go a sudden heart attack is better than suffering a long illness

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
i didn't know he was 58.

when stuff like this happens, i always wonder if there were warning signs that were ignorred. e.g. if he felt tired this morning (one possible warning sign), but instead went in and sat there in his car thinking, "i could really use the day off".

in other words i'm wondering if he was pushing himself a lot at work. or whatever his family is comfortable disclosing.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: wwswimming
i didn't know he was 58.

when stuff like this happens, i always wonder if there were warning signs that were ignorred. e.g. if he felt tired this morning (one possible warning sign), but instead went in and sat there in his car thinking, "i could really use the day off".

in other words i'm wondering if he was pushing himself a lot at work. or whatever his family is comfortable disclosing.

If you watched him a lot you would know he looked like crap.

Very swollen and puffed (beyond his weight). I'm sure there was warning signs but he was a extremely driven guy. That said, you can't bring him back.

Election coverage will not be the same without him.

RIP Tim and condolences to his family especially his son Luke.

rose.gif

:(

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I just found out and did not know how to react.

He was THE political reporter of my age:(

I always loved how he chose to give every guest a hard time during the first few minutes to make sure the public heard the truth or at least knew that what they were hearing was a lie.

RIP TIM :(

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: Cold Steel
Damn. News reporting has lost one of the greats. Sad.

QFT. A sad day - one of the last unbiased journalists in the business. MSNBC desperately needed him to offset Olbermann...what a shame.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
He was one of the few of todays journalists I had respect for...RIP

I was somehow shocked to learn Russert had died of a sudden heart attack, and I was somewhat baffled on how I could add to this thread as I opened it.

But then I came to this BMW post, and in a single word, respect, somewhat says it all.

In a world somewhat over populated with biased journalists, Russert somehow elevated himself into the sublime of almost universal respect. And seemed to have so much fun while doing it.

And now as I write this post while listening to the various comment, the word kind comes up.

Well what the hey, no incompatibility there in a man who respected and understood the human condition.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Too many hours burning both ends of the candle and not living a healthy life style obviously took it's toll.