THQ Humble Bundle

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
I see on the Humble Bundle, they have added some DLC for Red Faction, and also added Titan Quest.

I was going to purchase the games again to aquire these, but I noticed in my Humble account, that all I had to do was click "get steam key" for those games. Well it gave me the keys for the DLC and Titan Quest. And I just finished downloading them through Steam.

Did they add those titles for people that already purchased the Bundle ? Because I bought the Bundle before these two were added, and I received them anyway. So yea, check your accounts for those as well.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
The Humble Bundle usually adds additional games the second week to get more buyers. They have always given those games to previous purchasers if their purchase price was higher than the average selling price. Since I always pay $10 for the bundle, I always end up getting the extra games. The extra games are usually the previous bundle, so you could usually get away with buying every other bundle and still get every game, although it doesn't always work this way.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
I love THQ and want to support them but I already own nearly all those games except Darksiders and Red Faction on Steam. So I wonder, is it possible for me to give away the codes of the games I already own to friends or what have you? (free of charge of course).

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
lol, my friend whom I gave a bundle to only slept 3 hours last night because he installed Titan Quest. Mission accomplished.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I love THQ and want to support them but I already own nearly all those games except Darksiders and Red Faction on Steam. So I wonder, is it possible for me to give away the codes of the games I already own to friends or what have you? (free of charge of course).

No, but since you pay what you want for the games, you can just pay what you feel those two games are worth. I almost always have most if the games in their bundles, so I just pay what I feel the remaining games are worth to me.

Beyond that, it only costs $1 to buy a second pack for someone else, if you want to gift out additional games.

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
lol, my friend whom I gave a bundle to only slept 3 hours last night because he installed Titan Quest. Mission accomplished.

Once he is done with that. Then tell him about the expansion pack for it :D

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

Yes and No. Typically, the bonus games (i.e. pay-above-the-average-to-get-them games) will come in a separate Steam key. The average is so low that paying ~$5 extra (as $1 is the minimum) to receive a giftable copy of Saints Row 3 + Titan Quest (note: just one key!!) doesn't sound too bad.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
No, but since you pay what you want for the games, you can just pay what you feel those two games are worth. I almost always have most if the games in their bundles, so I just pay what I feel the remaining games are worth to me.

Beyond that, it only costs $1 to buy a second pack for someone else, if you want to gift out additional games.

Yeah I know but honestly given how good most of the games in this pack are I'd honestly feel bad paying something like 1$ for them when SR3 and CoH alone are worth much, much more in my opinion :p oh well guess I'll just pick up a few of them.

Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I bought 6 for christmas gifts and it told me I wasn't allowed to purchase any more yet, but it's like a week later and I still can't :(

I wonder if using a different email address would work, I still want to get like 3/4/5 more for some more friends of mine. Then maybe one for me lol.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Warhammer 40,000 was just added.

Holy Shnikies. I assume this is free to anyone who already got in on the bundle.

Edit: Just checked, it's in my account. Kids just got another free game.

FalconHorse

Jul 22, 2011
Holy Shnikies. I assume this is free to anyone who already got in on the bundle.

Edit: Just checked, it's in my account. Kids just got another free game.
I wonder, would people who paid less than the average get new games added to the bundle also? I paid over the average, but I'm curious. Amazing deal this bundle.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I wonder, would people who paid less than the average get new games added to the bundle also?

Yes. I payed only a dollar and got the bonus games.

... and no, I'm not THAT cheap; I bought the bundle two more times for my friends and paid $6 each. :)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

... and no, I'm not THAT cheap; I bought the bundle two more times for my friends and paid $6 each. :)

I think it just depends on whether or not they add it to the extras or the normal bundle. I'm pretty certain that I've seen some late additions require you to pay above the average. However, I'm pretty certain that you can add to your donation amount later to go above the average if need be.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Well, the bundle has gotten me overwhelmed. I now have 8 or 9 new games including the ones in this pack.

splat_ed

Mar 12, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the Dawn of War - Game of the Year edition? I can't find the Winter Assault add-on to buy on its own, and now Steam says I own the Gold edition when I look in the store page...

Pity I can't add the retail versions I've got of this to steam.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011

How do you get the bonus games if you only paid a dollar? Those bonus games are only given to those who paid over the average price.

Edit...weird my friend who paid a dollar got the games too.

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
How do you get the bonus games if you only paid a dollar? Those bonus games are only given to those who paid over the average price.

Edit...weird my friend who paid a dollar got the games too.

It's because I paid for the bundle BEFORE the bonus games were added.

Think of it as kind of a reward for people who bought the game earlier rather than later (I guess).

Even though I only paid $1 for the bundle, I still got the bonus games because I bought the bundle early. But if you were to buy the bundle right now, then yes, you have to pay over the average. Make sense? It depends on when you actually buy it.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the Dawn of War - Game of the Year edition? I can't find the Winter Assault add-on to buy on its own, and now Steam says I own the Gold edition when I look in the store page...

Pity I can't add the retail versions I've got of this to steam.

Oh wow, I thought this was Space Marine...lol

Yeah, I have Winter Assault as well. Sucks to hear I can't add that key to my account. :\