Thousands flee US Drone attacks

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
At the end of the day, we blamed our soldiers for the failures of Vietnam, and that is a horrible miscarriage of justice even if the outcome may have been inevitable as a bridge too far.
yet that is what you insist upon doing each and every time you confront JoS or myself on this issue... even when we're much closer to agreeing on the actual solutions than you'll ever care to admit.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Gotta somewhat disagree with palehorse on the following, "yet that is what you insist upon doing each and every time you confront JoS or myself on this issue... even when we're much closer to agreeing on the actual solutions than you'll ever care to admit."

We certainly share the same end goals, but its still a matter of disagreeing with the general tactics you advocate. But at the end of the day, the overall failing policy is not set by palehorse or JOS.

Jun 26, 2007
If only JOS and palehorse would show some positive results, it might be worth going to their school for fools.

It really does not matter what I, or palehorse , or JOS think anyway, what matters is what the Afghan and Pakistani people think.

How many pre pubescent girls have been killed the last three months?

How many before this?

You don't fucking know but the numbers are 0 and 18.

Not that you'd ever give a fuck about any of it, you really don't, you just care about your politics and you are so pathetic.

Tell me again about the innocents, you have had your time to search for it and came up with nothing and yet you persist to hold your own viewpoint in contrast to reality.

Bloody hell son, even you should understand that when you are wrong, you are wrong.

Jun 26, 2007
Gotta somewhat disagree with palehorse on the following, "yet that is what you insist upon doing each and every time you confront JoS or myself on this issue... even when we're much closer to agreeing on the actual solutions than you'll ever care to admit."

We certainly share the same end goals, but its still a matter of disagreeing with the general tactics you advocate. But at the end of the day, the overall failing policy is not set by palehorse or JOS.

Probably, if there is one Taliban left alive, that's the one we should have gotten.

The right to life stops when you rape and torture pre pubescent girls.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
If the resources are not applied, the optimize results can not be obtained.

You work with the tools available and use them to the best that one can.

This is the definete truth of the matter, use the proper tool for the job and use it right.

We have other tools in our arsenal and we could deploy them for destruction until surrender, we have chosen to snipe them with ground directed missile hits and clean out ground operations.

The Taliban are weaker than they ever was and getting weaker by the day, they have only one option besides death and that is to surrender and cooperate.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

This is the definete truth of the matter, use the proper tool for the job and use it right.

We have other tools in our arsenal and we could deploy them for destruction until surrender, we have chosen to snipe them with ground directed missile hits and clean out ground operations.

The Taliban are weaker than they ever was and getting weaker by the day, they have only one option besides death and that is to surrender and cooperate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done been there and heard it, the Vietcong on their last legs, fast forward 40 years, surely
the Brits can't be wrong two out of two.

If you can just get Al-Quida number two four more times, surely nirvana must follow.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Probably, if there is one Taliban left alive, that's the one we should have gotten.

I have deepest respect for our Quiet Professionals and you too!!!

I've run into a few - back in my day... smartest, most humane, sacrificial, biggest hearted people I ever meet! Not to mention baddest mofos on planet.

de oppresso liber

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Delude on Zebo, are we winning yet?

dont know ask John, their war is about, taking to ground, going native, working with locals, building relationships and trust, and killing baddies where you find them, etc. tough slog could take a generation or two but no general or other expert I've heard minds these methods in fact all think necessary.

Jun 26, 2007

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done been there and heard it, the Vietcong on their last legs, fast forward 40 years, surely

If you can just get Al-Quida number two four more times, surely nirvana must follow.

Don't insult the likes of Zebo, Hayabusa Rider and others by claiming that you've ever been there.

You insult both them and me by pretending.

I don't give a shit about Al Quaida, i'm here to finish off the Taliban movement, that Al Quaida is under their protection and will be killed in the process is just a perk.

Now sit down and shut up you stupid fucking twat because that is the only thing in this world you can ever do well.

Jun 26, 2007
Delude on Zebo, are we winning yet?

We are taking out compounds faster than they can regroup, 0 civilian casualties....

You tell me.

Are we winning?

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Zebo

I have deepest respect for our Quiet Professionals and you too!!!

I've run into a few - back in my day... smartest, most humane, sacrificial, biggest hearted people I ever meet! Not to mention baddest mofos on planet.

de oppresso liber

We walk in the footprints of those who came before us.

Thank you, it means more than you think it does. :)

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Yeah our 0% civilian casualties since there have been troops inside of Pakistan is TOO HIGH.

Right?

We've had this discussion before and you ended up agreeing with me, how come you suddenly feel ok repreating things you KNOW are lies?

You've even claimed that you'd rather have the Talibans run your nation, in which case you would be off the net immediatly, all businesses would shut down and your women are Taliban property, especially the pre pubescent ones.

I'd live under neither before I died. I'd kill each an every American soldier and Taliban militant in my city if they ever came before I slept in peace.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
To Green Bean:
Once a target has been designated by a drone; it will take anywhere from 1-12 hours for troops to get into location to do anything. In that amount of time, the Taliban could be warned of an attack that is coming and be long gone. The drones need to be able to launch on command; let the Pakistanis work with the drone operators to analyze the targets if there are such concerns.

Given the the Pakistani military has little concerns about clearing out villages; why the outcry when the is some collateral damage due to a strike. Precision weapons are being used to minimize collateral damage.

Fair enough I guess. It's not the drone attacks themselves that bother me; it's America's and my own government's attitude that do. The Master and the Slave. I fear that the Americans have too much influence over Islamabad. In essence we are in as much danger of succumbing to the Americans as we are too the Taliban. And we've all seen what fucking traitors the Americans are. Look at what they did to Afghanistan and Iraq after helping them when it suited them. They are liars and are greedy pigs. I think the British and maybe even the soviets were better than these savage, arrogant pigs.

The funny thing about politics you can get as angry as you want but in the end makes no difference. That helplessness often makes me laugh in agony.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Don't insult the likes of Zebo, Hayabusa Rider and others by claiming that you've ever been there.

You insult both them and me by pretending.

I don't give a shit about Al Quaida, i'm here to finish off the Taliban movement, that Al Quaida is under their protection and will be killed in the process is just a perk.

Now sit down and shut up you stupid fucking twat because that is the only thing in this world you can ever do well.

Why do you have to be such a G'damn prick to people? Bad childhood?

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005

Jeez, you really do not know history. After 1968, the VietCong as an effective, organized fighting force was done. Main line NVA took over and fought the majority of the battles after. The VC were certainly still present, but Tet essentially destroyed their combat effectiveness.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dphantom

Jeez, you really do not know history. After 1968, the VietCong as an effective, organized fighting force was done. Main line NVA took over and fought the majority of the battles after. The VC were certainly still present, but Tet essentially destroyed their combat effectiveness.

History and propaganda are written by the victor

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: The Green Bean

Fair enough I guess. It's not the drone attacks themselves that bother me; it's America's and my own government's attitude that do. The Master and the Slave. I fear that the Americans have too much influence over Islamabad. In essence we are in as much danger of succumbing to the Americans as we are too the Taliban. And we've all seen what fucking traitors the Americans are. Look at what they did to Afghanistan and Iraq after helping them when it suited them. They are liars and are greedy pigs. I think the British and maybe even the soviets were better than these savage, arrogant pigs.The funny thing about politics you can get as angry as you want but in the end makes no difference. That helplessness often makes me laugh in agony.

That just shows us how poor your knowledge of the Soviet invasion is. (Or you probably do know, you just want to use some hyperbole to slander Americans since you are upset that your government is a puppet). They were extremely brutal to the Afghan people.

If you think being "greedy" or "arrogant" is being savage, you must lead a pretty charmed life.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Listen, and understand. That US Drone is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.