This is What Winning Looks Like (Afghanistan)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
As least if we left the stone agers we won't waste any money and lives, now we are wasting both with guilt by association as ammo for the bleeding heart lefties. What a great return of our investment.

The so-called modern and sophisticated Westerners are destroying the earth faster than any other group in the world. At least the store agers don't have that capability.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yep, actually watched all 3 parts earlier today. I've known intellectually for some time that they aren't anywhere near ready and Obama's "ending the war" is just another term for "get out and save face", but this documentary puts a brutally honest and visceral face on just how bad things are. Should be a national nightly news special, but fuck that, one of the Kardashians just farted and Kanye made a funny face. :p

I agree with you 100%. America needs to learn just how badly it f'ed up, at the cost of $2 trillion and 55,522 Casualties. Both wars were handled piss poorly, and that's putting it politely.

How far removed are we from them, if we sit around and ignore the lessons to be learned? How different are those Americans watching Kardashians and Kanye from the cavemen in Afghanistan?

We share more in common with the walking dead than anyone would like to believe. The proof is in our ignorance. EVERY single American should know what "Winning" looks like, and be able to describe it from memory. Maybe then we would not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Even better, I want our LEADERS telling us what "Winning" looks like. I demand the truth from them, or they will continue to lead us straight off the cliff. Obama would be my President if he were the one presenting us this documentary.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
I'm watching this thing and all I see is dirt rocks and a bunch of stoned afgans. Where did the billions and billions of dollars go that went to this country for education, training, infrastructure.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
I'm watching this thing and all I see is dirt rocks and a bunch of stoned afgans. Where did the billions and billions of dollars go that went to this country for education, training, infrastructure.

In the pockets of special interest groups, sham companies that charge $10,000 for a screw and some of it to Karazai and his gang of criminals. Certainly not to the common Afghan.