This forum is dead

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
This forum has been on a steady decline for years now, ever since all of the sub forums neutered ATOT which used to be a great mix of everything. Most long timers would agree that the branching out into all of these subforums was completely unnecessary and hurt the forums.

Since then traffic has slowed down more and more, and now with the forum software switch, I feel like it's gotten even worse. I mean on the first page right now the last post on the page was replied to around 8 hours ago. I remember back when you could refresh the first page every 5 seconds and things would be pushing down.

So wtf happened? What forums did everyone go to? I'm starting to get bored when I have down time at work thanks to you all not keeping me entertained.

Bardock

Mar 12, 2014
Boards come and go, rise and fall, such is the natural way of things. I miss a lot of boards I used to be on that are either offline or trolls only now. Sunrise sunset.

Reactions: poofyhairguy

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
TridenT is the only reason I'm still here.

Oh and Kaido as I still have more kitchen gadgets to acquire.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
This is why I made the Cheers reference a while back. But this place still has a use: it gives a nerd perspective on adulthood.

For example, if I want to know if a certain driver will work with a new GPU I look to Reddit. Meanwhile if I want to know how a nerd handles protesting yearly property taxes or handling their children's expensive hobbies I look here.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Discussion Club seems to be a big hit lol
LOL ... and to think that I believe it had some sort of restriction (at least initially) on who could start threads in there.

Yeah that sure worked out well.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I'll see what I can do to help jumpstart the activity by starting a new thread

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The lack of posts in Console Gaming blows my mind. I realize there's a million other places to discuss console games, but Jesus. It's not even a new thread per day in there. Let alone sometimes barely a post.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
There are fewer techies building PC's today. A tablet or phone could do things only a desktop could do a decade ago. Throw in Facebook and twitter and there just isn't as much need for forums.

Reactions: KingstonU

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Yeah it really kinda sucks. I've been spending more time at Quora recently because of the lack of activity here. It's not the same but it's a good time sink.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
da fuq you talkin bout? we have a great thread going on right now about potatoes.

pfffft

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I don't see it. The computer related tech subforums seem to have new threads all the time as well as P&N. Off topic on the other hand, pretty lame. Especially some of the topics. LOL!

Reactions: Bardock

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
I don't see it. The computer related tech subforums seem to have new threads all the time as well as P&N. Off topic on the other hand, pretty lame. Especially some of the topics. LOL!

You don't see it because you never saw it. Understand? Good.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Or does it just smell funny?

Yes, it's dying, and it has nothing to do with the forum software or the theme.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The lack of posts in Console Gaming blows my mind. I realize there's a million other places to discuss console games, but Jesus. It's not even a new thread per day in there. Let alone sometimes barely a post.
Yeah there used to be a lot of people posting there. I think a lot of it also has to do with this gen being terrible for the most part.