thinning hair on the sides cause by ponytail.... quit ponytail will retore back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceCold

May 14, 2011
in 2008 or so i grew my hair long just couple length to my shoulder.... just enough to tie into a small ponytail. been doing ponytail style ever since.

then around 2010 notice my hair is thinning on the sides. look it up http://www.livestrong.com/article/3...ses-of-hair-thinning-on-the-side-of-the-head/

seems that the sides thinning is because the ponytail. i was kindda suprise and not suprise at the same time after reading where it says can cause by ponytails.

my question is if i quit doing ponytail.... will the sides grow back to normal coating? or is the thinning line permanent?

Mar 22, 2002
It really depends on how healthy you are, your age, how tight you were tying it, etc. If you're serious about keeping your hair, I'd stop the pony tail and see where it goes from there. Keep a photo journal for more objective proof that it's either coming back or not.

NiceCold

May 14, 2011
yeah im like hesitate to change hair style because if the lines on the sides is permanent.... if i do fade military style, the sides will be visible if it is permanent.

and why women still doing pontails when scientically known that it can make thinning hair?

Mar 22, 2002
yeah im like hesitate to change hair style because if the lines on the sides is permanent.... if i do fade military style, the sides will be visible if it is permanent.

and why women still doing pontails when scientically known that it can make thinning hair?

Women tend to have fewer issues with baldness or thinning hair unless they're fighting something like alopecia or scalp skin conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.