Think Hobby Lobby is just about 4 forms of birth control? Think again!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
http://www.businessweek.com/article...oneer-faces-boycotts-over-birth-control#r=rss

In fact, Potter’s objections go farther than those that took the Hobby Lobby case all the way to the Supreme Court. The Greens refused to cover four kinds of birth control they consider tantamount to abortion, while Potter objects to paying for any form of birth control. Eden Foods filed a lawsuit last year, seeking exemption on religious grounds, and lost. Following the Supreme Court’s decision on June 30, Eden’s case is being reconsidered.

Until Obamacare began requiring insurers to do so, the company’s insurance policy with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan specifically excluded contraception in all forms, which Potter believes “almost always involve immoral and unnatural practices.”

There goes that BS argument.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
No. It is not about controlling women. I don't think they should be required to provide birth control or abortion pills to anyone if they do not want to. They do not provide you guys with rubbers do they? Why not? It is the same thing.

Women's health has nothing to do with birth control. They are two different things. Birth control doesn't make you healthier. Plus they are not stopping these women from getting birth control, they can purchase it any time they want. Just as I can buy a pack of rubbers.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Employer doesn't pay for their lunch either. Don't employees need to eat?

Employer doesn't pay for their home. Don't employees need shelter?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No. It is not about controlling women. I don't think they should be required to provide birth control or abortion pills to anyone if they do not want to. They do not provide you guys with rubbers do they? Why not? It is the same thing.

Women's health has nothing to do with birth control. They are two different things. Birth control doesn't make you healthier. Plus they are not stopping these women from getting birth control, they can purchase it any time they want. Just as I can buy a pack of rubbers.

Spoken like a truely informed person!

Just kidding, you fucking idiot!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

None of the BC pills are "Abortion Pills".

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Yeah but all of that was paid for by the money the employer agreed to give the employee for their work. You know how else the employer agreed to pay their employee? With health care coverage. And just like how the employer can't pay the employee fake dollar bills, because it's illegal, the employer shouldn't be allowed provide health care that doesn't meet federal standards.

Of course, to you fucking morons, corporations are above the law and their will supersedes the rights of their employees.

Corporatists are the anti-Americans!

Last edited:

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Government should provide free birth control for anyone not covered through Planned Parenthood,

this way we avoid the religious exemption court fights and subsequent divisions they cause which are more costly to the country than any tax payer subsidized coverage,

and women have accesss to all the free birth control they want regardless of their employers policies.

Feb 4, 2009

Employers have to pay a minimum wage, hence they essentially pay for food & shelter

Employers can opt out of health care if its offensive and pay the tax penalty to put employees on the exchanges.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Government should provide free birth control for anyone not covered through Planned Parenthood,

this way we avoid the religious exemption court fights and subsequent divisions they cause which are more costly to the country than any tax payer subsidized coverage,

and women have accesss to all the free birth control they want regardless of their employers policies.

Hmmmm I didn't realize the ACA required employers to provide free birth control. My insurance requires a $10 copay for a month supply birth control pills. It's cheaper if the doctor writes a presription for a 90 day supply with three refills, the the cost is $20 for the 90 day supply.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Yeah but all of that was paid for by the money the employee agreed to give the employee for their work. You know how else the employer agreed to pay their employee? With health care coverage. And just like how the employer can't pay the employee fake dollar bills, because it's illegal, the employer shouldn't be allowed provide health care that doesn't meet federal standards.

Of course, to you fucking morons, corporations are above the law and their will supersedes the rights of their employees.

Corporatists are the anti-Americans!

Oh,so the government mandating forced sales of a product made by
Pharmaceutical corporations isn't corporatist?

LOL

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Since healthcare is provided as part of an employees benefit and compensation package, if the employer does not want to cover BC as part of the healthcare policy then they can re-compensate the employees BC with extra money in their paycheck. I would be okay with condoms being paid for men along with counseling as to their proper use; too many men refuse to wrap it up before sex which can cause unwanted/unplanned pregnancies.

Actually for a significant number of women BC does make them healthier; you should talk to a few ob-gyn's. As well with any group policy and insurance pooling, making BC part of the plan decreases costs for all.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Oh,so the government mandating forced sales of a product made by
Pharmaceutical corporations isn't corporatist?

LOL

The obvious answer is its been well established that preventing unwanted pregnancies is good for families, society and the health industry. Its not about women getting free stuff that doesn't apply to men also its not required to use birth control.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Most insurance programs pay 100% for an annual physical (I would bet that Hobby Lobby's health insurance provides this coverage), a woman that works for them could get a prescription for birth control during the physical, then take the prescription to Walmart and get the birth control pills for $9/month. That's about the same price as those with employer provided prescription drug plans pay. Canadians pay similar prices for their generic birth control pills as well.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The obvious answer is its been well established that preventing unwanted pregnancies is good for families, society and the health industry. Its not about women getting free stuff that doesn't apply to men also its not required to use birth control.

Actually it is totally about getting women "free" stuff. Which is why BC pills cannot even have a copay.

Its pretty sad that drugs that actually literally save a persons life can have a copay, whereas BC cannot. Care explaining why that is if it isn't about giving women "free" stuff?

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

tumblr_mzlvlzO9y21sioa0ko8_500.gif

Don't be silly. Women are like children; they need everything provided to them by the state or by their employer, or they will surely perish.

Last edited:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Most insurance programs pay 100% for an annual physical (I would bet that Hobby Lobby's health insurance provides this coverage), a woman that works for them could get a prescription for birth control during the physical, then take the prescription to Walmart and get the birth control pills for $9/month. That's about the same price as those with employer provided prescription drug plans pay. Canadians pay similar prices for their generic birth control pills as well.

Not all women can safely use generic birth control pills.