Things are not looking good for THQ :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
THQ "putting all of its collective eggs into the South Park basket." Huh? A South Park game? Over Company of fucking Heroes 2? WAT

I pre-ordered CoH 2 and fully intend it to be fucking awesome.

I can understand it. It is a multiplatform game and the South Park IP is very popular. It really is there best bet for a big hit.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Oh, one more thing, they better not go under before they finish releasing the Season Pass DLC. I'm still waiting for Lord Delial release.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I can understand it. It is a multiplatform game and the South Park IP is very popular. It really is there best bet for a big hit.

Seems like a game that was a big hit at E3, but they hype kind of died down shortly after.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
I don't know anything about anything that's going on with THQ, but... can't they just create a kickstarter to raise money to finish their games or something? lol

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I don't know anything about anything that's going on with THQ, but... can't they just create a kickstarter to raise money to finish their games or something? lol

If they did a Kickstarter for Homeworld 3, they would probably reach 500% of their goal in a matter of days.

gladiatorua

Nov 21, 2011
THQ "putting all of its collective eggs into the South Park basket." Huh? A South Park game? Over Company of fucking Heroes 2? WAT
South Park RPG made by Obsidian(KOTOR2, Fallout3:New Vegas). So yes, it's a worthy investment.
They are not out of business... yet. Just pushed back releases. In case of South Park game, it's a good call, because Obsidian loves their games buggy at launch.
And it's not like their stocks have fallen below pre-Darksiders2 level... yet.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Hey if they do go under, will their games still exist on steam? I mean the ones I've already purchased?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Hey if they do go under, will their games still exist on steam? I mean the ones I've already purchased?

Yes, the games will remain in your library, and they will probably also remain for sale. Publishers going bankrupt doesn't stop e-retailers like Steam from continuing to sell their stuff.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001

Yes. There are games that were on Steam that no longer are but you still have access to download if you have purchased them. I have a handful (can't remember which off hand) in my library that have been removed from Steam either because of rights or because the dev/pub went under.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Yes. There are games that were on Steam that no longer are but you still have access to download if you have purchased them. I have a handful (can't remember which off hand) in my library that have been removed from Steam either because of rights or because the dev/pub went under.

GTA Vice City.