Things are not looking good for THQ :(

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by KaOTiK, Nov 6, 2012.

1. KaOTiK

KaOTiK Lifer

I can understand it. It is a multiplatform game and the South Park IP is very popular. It really is there best bet for a big hit.

2. CPA

CPA Elite Member

Oh, one more thing, they better not go under before they finish releasing the Season Pass DLC. I'm still waiting for Lord Delial release.

3. dpodblood

dpodblood Diamond Member

Seems like a game that was a big hit at E3, but they hype kind of died down shortly after.

4. Kalmah

Kalmah Diamond Member

I don't know anything about anything that's going on with THQ, but... can't they just create a kickstarter to raise money to finish their games or something? lol

5. Dankk

Dankk Diamond Member

If they did a Kickstarter for Homeworld 3, they would probably reach 500% of their goal in a matter of days.

6. gladiatorua

gladiatorua Member

South Park RPG made by Obsidian(KOTOR2, Fallout3:New Vegas). So yes, it's a worthy investment.
    They are not out of business... yet. Just pushed back releases. In case of South Park game, it's a good call, because Obsidian loves their games buggy at launch.
    And it's not like their stocks have fallen below pre-Darksiders2 level... yet.

7. Northern Lawn

Northern Lawn Platinum Member

Hey if they do go under, will their games still exist on steam? I mean the ones I've already purchased?

8. Dankk

Dankk Diamond Member

Yes, the games will remain in your library, and they will probably also remain for sale. Publishers going bankrupt doesn't stop e-retailers like Steam from continuing to sell their stuff.

9. KaOTiK

KaOTiK Lifer

Yes. There are games that were on Steam that no longer are but you still have access to download if you have purchased them. I have a handful (can't remember which off hand) in my library that have been removed from Steam either because of rights or because the dev/pub went under.

10. Barfo

Barfo Lifer

GTA Vice City.