things about "the other guys" you don't understand?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
It represents 31% of pro-choice people. 31% are FOR the late term abortion procedure dubbed "partial birth abortion". That is almost 1/3 of them. You clearly are horrifically uninformed, else you would never have made your painfully ludicrious claim.

4_hkmnkk0eudi_ovksbmng.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148631/Common-State-Abortion-Restrictions-Spark-Mixed-Reviews.aspx

What part of "the day before her due date for any reason" don't you understand, troll?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
To answer your inane question, the part where you pretend that is not a late term abortion and not a partial birth abortion (which the chart shows 31% support). I do not understand how you can pretend that an abortion the day before her due date is not a late term abortion and would not have to be a partial birth abortion.

Care you explain why you think an abortion the day before he due date would be anything other than a partial birth abortion? Or would you rather just continue to toss out personal insults?

Of course, you could always support your position with something other than your opinion, but that would be unlike you, so I suspect you will not do it.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
let's see if we can keep this civil. I am looking to try to understand the way other people think. And I always welcome an opportunity to explain the way my head works.

What are some key things that the other political party believes in that you can't wrap your head around?

If you are a Dem, give some Republican examples and vice versa. You moderates feel free to take your picks.

My main question for Dem's is:
How can you support women's right to abort a baby but oppose a state's right to kill a confessed murderer? Its ok to kill someone 100 percent innocent but not ok to kill someone who has confessed to taking another person's life? I can't seem to get that to process.

I grew up Catholic am still Christian and don't necessarily agree with abortion. But one question that hounds me is how can we presume to tell anyone how to deal with their body. Isn't that the most fundamental of freedoms?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Those who are against abortion say she is not dealing with just her body, but also another human's body. It is impossible to claim a fetus is not human and is also not the mother. It is also impossible to claim every living human was not once a fetus and therefor being a fetus is a normal part of every human's lifecycle.

But that is why many are opposed to abortion - it ends the life of a human.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
To answer your inane question, the part where you pretend that is not a late term abortion and not a partial birth abortion (which the chart shows 31% support). I do not understand how you can pretend that an abortion the day before her due date is not a late term abortion and would not have to be a partial birth abortion.

Care you explain why you think an abortion the day before he due date would be anything other than a partial birth abortion? Or would you rather just continue to toss out personal insults?

Of course, you could always support your position with something other than your opinion, but that would be unlike you, so I suspect you will not do it.

I said 99.999% of pro-choice people do not support abortion "the day before her due date for any reason."

You obfuscated in your answer.

Before you even proceed any further, please link to even ONE CASE of an abortion being performed "the day before her due date." If you can't, you lose this argument right from the get go.

Link or STFU.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I grew up Catholic am still Christian and don't necessarily agree with abortion. But one question that hounds me is how can we presume to tell anyone how to deal with their body. Isn't that the most fundamental of freedoms?
It definitely is a tough issue where I can see both sides of the argument. There is no easy answer.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I said 99.999% of pro-choice people do not support abortion "the day before her due date for any reason."

You obfuscated in your answer.

Before you even proceed any further, please link to even ONE CASE of an abortion being performed "the day before her due date." If you can't, you lose this argument right from the get go.

Link or STFU.

Now you want ME to disprove YOUR POSITION for you? That is laughable. The onus on supporting YOUR position is on YOU. I realize you hate that, but it is true. Are you going to run away from supporting yourself again, like you have in the past?

Come on, man up. Support your position or at least be mature enough to say it is simply your personal opinion and you cannot support it? Are you mature enough to do that?

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Now you want ME to disprove YOUR POSITION for you? That is laughable. The onus on supporting YOUR position is on YOU. I realize you hate that, but it is true. Are you going to run away from supporting yourself again, like you have in the past?

Come on, man up. Support your position or at least be mature enough to say it is simply your personal opinion and you cannot support it? Are you mature enough to do that?

No sane or mentally competent person of any political persuasion has ever supported an abortion "the day before her due date for any reason."

Of course, you're on the outside looking in as far as this group goes, you dimbulb troll.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I notice a lack of support for your position again. I have come to expect you to lie and claim your personal opinions are facts, you do it quite often. Sad, sad little boy you are. Your signal to noise ratio is horrific.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I personally don't support abortion,I would NEVER have an abortion with my wife. But I'm not a woman and it's not my place to her whats right or wrong about her body.
Conservatives should LOVE abortion and birth control. Unwanted babies take up welfare, increase crime rates (according to Freakonomics).

That is why I love abortion. But everyone things I am crazy :p

And I have never understood the whole. "I personally think abortion is wrong, but I would never tell a woman what to do". The whole reason behind thinking abortion is wrong is that you consider it murder. Should we allow the KKK to lynch black people, because they don't personally consider black people to be people?

I have a much harder time with social conservatives, particularly regarding sex. I can understand how someone's faith would lead to disapproval of gay people, of premarital sex, of contraception, or of the right to die. I don't get, however, how those beliefs connect to law. Our government is not there to enforce a narrow view on morality on others. Crimes against oneself or one's soul are not the purview of government.

Society has a significant interest in regulating sex. Given the significant consequences it has on society. Namely children and STDs.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
No sane or mentally competent person of any political persuasion has ever supported an abortion "the day before her due date for any reason."

Of course, you're on the outside looking in as far as this group goes, you dimbulb troll.

Actually if you are truly pro-choice you have to support a woman having an abortion for any reason even a day before her due date.

Does a woman's body stop being her's when the fetus reaches a certain gestational age? :confused:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I notice a lack of support for your position again. I have come to expect you to lie and claim your personal opinions are facts, you do it quite often. Sad, sad little boy you are. Your signal to noise ratio is horrific.

As anybody with a brain can tell you, an abortion the day before due date is a late term abortion but an abortion the day before birth does not define what a late term abortion is. Thus, so long as a day before birth abortion is not what a late term abortion is defined as, one can't say that 31% of folk who favor late term abortion favor abortion the day before birth. No statistical analysis of the number of people who favor abortion from 6 to 9 months of the term can be extrapolated to imply that same number would favor abortion on the last day, unless, of course, your a stupid asshole who is incapable of logical reasoning.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
As anybody with a brain can tell you, an abortion the day before due date is a late term abortion but an abortion the day before birth does not define what a late term abortion is. Thus, so long as a day before birth abortion is not what a late term abortion is defined as, one can't say that 31% of folk who favor late term abortion favor abortion the day before birth. No statistical analysis of the number of people who favor abortion from 6 to 9 months of the term can be extrapolated to imply that same number would favor abortion on the last day, unless, of course, your a stupid asshole who is incapable of logical reasoning.
Obviously of that 31% a small minority would most likely not allow an abortion a day before due date. It probably isn't 99.99999% or whatever number was given who disagree with it.

Also when you are going to call somebody stupid you should probably not use shit grammar. All me to demonstrate...

You're a stupid asshole. Your penis is small.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Actually if you are truly pro-choice you have to support a woman having an abortion for any reason even a day before her due date.

Does a woman's body stop being her's when the fetus reaches a certain gestational age? :confused:
Illogic will get you there.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
It definitely is a tough issue where I can see both sides of the argument. There is no easy answer.

Thank you!

That's what I'm hoping to accomplish here. I want to understand... might not agree... but at least understand

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
There's nothing I need to ask the "other people" about why they stand for what they do....

It's been made quite clear...

\and the GOP has shown it's a party not worth leading the country....

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
It represents 31% of pro-choice people. 31% are FOR the late term abortion procedure dubbed "partial birth abortion". That is almost 1/3 of them. You clearly are horrifically uninformed, else you would never have made your painfully ludicrious claim.

4_hkmnkk0eudi_ovksbmng.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148631/Common-State-Abortion-Restrictions-Spark-Mixed-Reviews.aspx

This shows that 31% oppose a law that would ban partial birth abortions up to 6 months before a due date. 6 months before a due date is not exactly the day before it is due, lol.

Back to the OP's question: I have no problem with the death penalty if we knew we were only killing guilty people, but evidence shows that a significant fraction of innocent people have been killed through it. Therefore I only support the death penalty in really heinous, clear-cut cases (movie theatre shooting in colorado for example).

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Its ok to kill someone 100 percent innocent but not ok to kill someone who has confessed to taking another person's life? I can't seem to get that to process.

Process this: How many people have been convicted by the system to have it end up that the convicted were innocent....

\thanks DNA...

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
^ Indeed. I've always been of the opinion that to be truly logically consistent, conservatives should be against the death penalty, following this logic: if you start from the assumption that the govt is inefficient and does a lot (or everything) wrong, why would you ever trust such an organization to be in charge of deciding who lives and who dies?

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
^ Indeed. I've always been of the opinion that to be truly logically consistent, conservatives should be against the death penalty, following this logic: if you start from the assumption that the govt is inefficient and does a lot (or everything) wrong, why would you ever trust such an organization to be in charge of deciding who lives and who dies?

Exactly.

Keep in mind, I don't support getting rid of the death penalty... special uses is fine.

As for abortion, it's legal now... making it illegal still won't make it go away. Learn from prohibition and the drug war.

Sex Education and free contraceptives (both opposed by conservatives) would go along way in reducing amount of abortions.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Shens. You either ran into an extremely stupid person who in no way represents 99.999% of pro-choice people, or you are straight up lying your ass off here.

Either way, STRAW MAN.

LOL

I gotta agree, even the most liberal abortion activists, except for the extreme, want to see no late term abortions.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Where did I say they (there were two by the way) represented the majority of pro choicers? This is a position I couldn't understand so I posted in a thread about positions "the other guys" hold that I don't understand.

At least one person is not stupid at all, she's actually very intelligent which makes it harder to understand. Militant pro choicer I guess.

The OP did NOT ask, "What are some key things that individuals believe that you can't wrap your head around?" What the OP actually asked was, "What are some key things that the other political party believes in that you can't wrap your head around?"

In other words, you're either really stupid or really dishonest.