Thermovex review

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I take Supplements, and this is one of my favorites. I'm on my 4th tub of it now. I'm extremely stim tolerant, like I could drink a Monster an hour before bed and still sleep like a baby. So I was surprised when I found something that I could actually feel the effects of. It's made by EvoChem which is Nutrishop house brand, so you won't find it for sale anywhere but Nutrishop, it's for suppressing appetite, burning fat, boosting energy, mood & focus.

20120822_154942.jpg

20120822_154957.jpg

The big ingredient on the label's Conjugated Linoleic Acid, or CLA. I've bought a few other products that contained it, but this has 3 grams per serving, which is twice as much as anything else I've taken. If you Google this there's a ton of sites talking about it. It's not researched to the point it's effects are proven, but there's a lot of positive things said about it. And nothing really pointing to negative side effects. It also has Raspberry Keytone, Green Tea, Hoodia & Kola Nut extract and a lot of things that are linked to fat burning and appetite suppression.

It contains Anhydrous Caffeine, which is a fancy way to say Caffeine. It doesn't list an amount and Googling I can't find anything about how much it contains. I will say I gave a scoop of this to my boss, who's a very heavy Coffee drinker. And he said he'd never felt this kind of energy before. He actually didn't like it saying it was too intense lol.

I notice the energy, but it's very very mild to me, but with how tolerant I am to stims that means this product definitely delivers on that. As for the appetite suppression, I can go longer without eating, and I don't find myself thinking about food nearly as often. With that said, I'm still able to eat with no problems when I know it's time.

Whatever's in here to provide focus works pretty damn well. The 1st time I took I had tunnel vision for the 1st time I remember. It was very noticeable here. Whatever task I did for a few hours after taking it I was able to focus on it like nothing else existed. I tend to be a little floaty when it comes to doing sh*t and usually only partially focus on whatever it is. I can't really explain it other than when I'd look something it instantly became a priority. I felt like the Terminator or something.

The mood boosting claim, I dunno I'm a very mellow and even person, but I do notice I'm less susceptible to being annoyed while on this. I was never the type to yell and lash out. But with this I don't even notice thinking "ffffff!" when people are asking me constant retarded questions. It's weird that a product that gives you so much energy can make you your mood so mellow. It also has no sugar and 10g of fiber which are nice bonuses.

Price - It's $60 for 30 servings, Nutrishop will run promotions from time to time, but they're almost always buy 1 get 1 50% off, or buy a tub of protein save 20% on this. It's not cheap, but it costs less per serving than a energy drink and has far more benefits.

taste - I've only had the Watermelon, it's freakin DELICIOUS! It tastes like a liquid version of a Watermelon Sour Patch Kid. It's very sour, I'll assume the Apple's along the same lines. I take it every morning for a month then cycle off a week. I never get tired of the flavor. It's one of my favorite thinks to drink, I seriously wish I could find a drink with this taste in regular cans.

All Nutrishops should give you a free sample if you ask, this is my go too product to take in the morning. They also just introduced a PM version which is suppose to help with weight loss, and help you sleep too.

BeeBoop

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2013
Why is taking 3000% daily value of something good for you?

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
It's not good or bad, I don't know why they do it. But pretty much every good multi I see has the same thing. Controlled Labs Orange Triad, which is probably the best rated multi on the market has 8333% of B-12

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Just read the wikipedia page on Conjugated Linoleic Acid. I'm skeptical. My guess is that Thermovex has a crap ton of caffiene.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Just read the wikipedia page on Conjugated Linoleic Acid. I'm skeptical. My guess is that Thermovex has a crap ton of caffiene.

For suppressing my appetite this product works, I know Caffeine can work as a suppressant. But for me Caffeine doesn't do that. I'm not a scientist so I can't pin point what ingredients here are actually doing that for me. But something in this product really works, this is coming from a guy who's tried countless products which 99% didn't do a damn thing for. The stuff I took prior to this (forgot the name) had 200mg of Caffeine per serving and it didn't do squat for me.

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
For suppressing my appetite this product works, I know Caffeine can work as a suppressant. But for me Caffeine doesn't do that. I'm not a scientist so I can't pin point what ingredients here are actually doing that for me. But something in this product really works, this is coming from a guy who's tried countless products which 99% didn't do a damn thing for. The stuff I took prior to this (forgot the name) had 200mg of Caffeine per serving and it didn't do squat for me.

Okay, maybe it has another stimulant. The effects you describe, suppressing appetite, burning fat, and boosting energy, mood & focus, are textbook stimulent effects.

BeeBoop

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2013
There was an article posted here the other day that said taking too much of a specific vitamin can cause harmful side effects like cancer. Vitimin B-12 in your supplement is rated at 3000% daily value. Does that worry you?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
There was an article posted here the other day that said taking too much of a specific vitamin can cause harmful side effects like cancer. Vitimin B-12 in your supplement is rated at 3000% daily value. Does that worry you?

That's true for a lot of vitamin's, but for B-6 and B-12, you just urinate out the excess. Between this and the multi I take I get over 11,000% of b-12 and a few k's of B-6. As far as I know the only side effects are my pee almost glow in the dark neon green. Since you piss out the excess I'm not sure why they put so damn much in, but it seems most multi's are absolutely loaded with B-6/12.

Last edited:

BeeBoop

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2013
That's true for a lot of vitamin's, but for B-6 and B-12, you just urinate out the excess. Between this and the multi I take I get over 11,000% of b-12 and a few k's of B-6. As far as I know the only side effects are my pee almost glow in the dark neon green. Since you piss out the excess I'm not sure why they put so damn much in, but it seems most multi's are absolutely loaded with B-6/12.

I don't believe it's okay to assume that nothing bad is happening to your body since you pee out excess Vitamin supplements. Urinating out excess whatever can be a symptom of an underlining medical condition. As an example, diabetics are known urinate out excess carbs when they eat too much but that doesn't mean it's safe for them to continue eating 3000% of their daily carb value.

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't believe it's okay to assume that nothing bad is happening to your body since you pee out excess Vitamin supplements. Urinating out excess whatever can be a symptom of an underlining medical condition. As an example, diabetics are known urinate out excess carbs when they eat too much but that doesn't mean it's safe for them to continue eating 3000% of their daily carb value.

I'm not assuming, while I don't really understand. A doctor and 2 nutritionists told me the same thing here. Which was don't worry you'll piss out whatever your body doesn't need. I showed all 3 the bottle for the multi I take and they all said it was fine to take.

Mar 22, 2002

Your analogy is not the same at all. In normal, healthy humans, you will excrete excess water soluble vitamins. That is health, appropriate, and normal. Excreting glucose is pathologic in all cases. Your pathologic to normal comparison is not correct. I'm saying this because I don't people to freak out about taking a little extra vitamin B. 6000% extra of your daily value may be excessive though, but AFAIK it has not been linked to any detriment.

Overall, these products don't have any research supporting them and are pretty much supported by anecdotal evidence provided by their fan base. Honestly, most people do not need a serious supplement to reach their goals. These supplements do run the risk of danger, partly due to their ingredients, lack of regulation (what the product says it contains can differ greatly from what it actually does), and frequent presence of heavy metals.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
DMAE is the other stim in there if people are wondering. It's just another derivative of DMAA which is the stuff in Jack3d. I'm trying C4 right now. Not as impressed as I was with the original Jack3d. I too am pretty tolerant of stims. I am kind of a caffeine junkie though.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I don't get why you'd even want to supress your appetite. If you are trying to lose fat, then you need to train very hard with the cardio, and even lifting weights. If you aren't eating, where is the energy going to come from that day if you barely ate? You will just atrophy because your body will start taking your lean tissue to support your caloric needs.

All supplements are a waste IMO. The ONLY supplement I take now, is some protein powder when I don't have time to cook up some chicken. Otherwise, I may dabble in creatine here and there, but everything else is a waste of time and money.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't get why you'd even want to supress your appetite. If you are trying to lose fat, then you need to train very hard with the cardio, and even lifting weights. If you aren't eating, where is the energy going to come from that day if you barely ate? You will just atrophy because your body will start taking your lean tissue to support your caloric needs.

All supplements are a waste IMO. The ONLY supplement I take now, is some protein powder when I don't have time to cook up some chicken. Otherwise, I may dabble in creatine here and there, but everything else is a waste of time and money.

I'm not trying to lose fat or weight even. I'm trying to not have urges to eat. I work at a place where I'm surrounded by delicious foods and tend to eat eat even when I'm not hungry. This product doesn't just suppress my urge to eat, it makes me not think about food. The focus it gives me applies to whatever I'm doing, and whatever I'm doing will keep me away from thinking about food. I also love the energy it gives me. I've found nothing even close when it comes to keeping me going. I'd honestly take this product for the tunnel vision it gives me alone, I've never been able to focus 100% on my own. And nothing I've taken that claims to give you focus has done anything for me. Tunnel Vision's an amazing thing.

I'm still eating 2-3k calories a day, but it's when I actually want to eat, not eating due to it being something to do.

Last edited:

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

That is a pretty big statement there z1ggy. What makes you say this?

Why dabble in creatine? It is suppose to be used constantly and not a thing you take once in a while. Creatine is probably one of the most well researched products on the market. It works and it is not a waste. Creatine is a great supplement if a person is training hard.

BCAA's are also great if you are dieting down.

Koing

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

Why dabble in creatine? It is suppose to be used constantly and not a thing you take once in a while. Creatine is probably one of the most well researched products on the market. It works and it is not a waste. Creatine is a great supplement if a person is training hard.

Koing

Great regardless, For the 1 scoop of my BCAA supplement I take I'd have to eat something like 11lbs of lean beef. Which is impossible, dieting or not. I put BCAA's at the top of my useful list, and without a supplement for them you're not going to get enough to matter.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2003
DMAE is the other stim in there if people are wondering. It's just another derivative of DMAA which is the stuff in Jack3d. I'm trying C4 right now. Not as impressed as I was with the original Jack3d. I too am pretty tolerant of stims. I am kind of a caffeine junkie though.

I bought C4 because it's cheap at Costco - 2 containers for $40. It's OK...I haven't been working out for that long so I can't really compare to Jack3d or whatever. No real difference between C4 and NO XPLODE so I just stick to the cheaper C4.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008

Koing

If Arnold didn't use it/need it, then neither does anybody else.

And by dabble, I meant I'd take it for a month then stop. I didn't really even notice much difference in lifting really, and because I don't play college sports any more, or even compete on any level other than "beer league" I don't feel like spending $60 bucks a month on supplements (Creatine + BCAA's) is really worth it.

Unless you can find me a study where groups of people did the same diet and lifting routines for 6 months, one using BCAA's and one didn't and the other group got significantly higher results, then I would be interested.

As far as creatine goes, I wonder about it's long term affects on the kidney. If your body makes it naturally, why do we need to consume 5x the amount then?

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002

And by dabble, I meant I'd take it for a month then stop. I didn't really even notice much difference in lifting really, and because I don't play college sports any more, or even compete on any level other than "beer league" I don't feel like spending $60 bucks a month on supplements (Creatine + BCAA's) is really worth it.

Unless you can find me a study where groups of people did the same diet and lifting routines for 6 months, one using BCAA's and one didn't and the other group got significantly higher results, then I would be interested.

As far as creatine goes, I wonder about it's long term affects on the kidney. If your body makes it naturally, why do we need to consume 5x the amount then?
just stop... what you don't know could fill a warehouse. Maybe more accurately said -> what you "think" you know could fill a warehouse...

go find out what arnold really took. lots of vitamin S

supplements are just that, supplements. They aren't the key to big builds or lifts. they supplement a good diet and training program. creatine will help keep you from burning out, increases ATP; basically helping you get maybe 1-3 more reps, maybe another 5-10 lbs on a lift

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
just stop... what you don't know could fill a warehouse. Maybe more accurately said -> what you "think" you know could fill a warehouse...

supplements are just that, supplements. They aren't the key to big builds or lifts. they supplement a good diet and training program. creatine will help keep you from burning out, increases ATP; basically helping you get maybe 1-3 more reps, maybe another 5-10 lbs on a lift

He didn't take vitamin S when he was 17yo and could dead lift twice what I weigh.

Anddd...Do I really want to pay $600+ a year to lift 5 more lb? What is that in the grand scheme of things? Its nothing. Now if it helped me like 30 more lb... Then yes, I would certainly pay up for results like that.

Apr 17, 2003

Two points:

1. I wouldn't use Arnold as the benchmark as I'm sure he is more "genetically gifted" as most.

2. I'm not sure where you get your estimate costs from. BCAA supp can be had for about 50 cents a serving. A $15 bottle of creatine (600g) will give you 120 servings, or about 12.5 cents per servings. If you take creatine everyday (like I do), that comes out to $3.75 per month...I take BCAA on workout days (which is three times a week) or 12 times a month. At 50 cents per seving, that's another $6 a month, bringing your grand total $10/mon. Where in the world did you get $60/mo?

Apr 17, 2003

:thumbsup:

A lot of people like to hate on supplements because they can get nutrition from food sources but supplements are meant to SUPPLEMENT that, not replace.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
He didn't take vitamin S when he was 17yo and could dead lift twice what I weigh.

Anddd...Do I really want to pay $600+ a year to lift 5 more lb? What is that in the grand scheme of things? Its nothing. Now if it helped me like 30 more lb... Then yes, I would certainly pay up for results like that.

Not sure what you weigh, but at 17, I could probably bench 1.5 to twice what you weigh and I was drug free and supplement free....

Over the course of a year creatine could equate to well more than 30 lbs on lifts and could equate to lbs of extra lean body mass.

Don't take supplements, makes no difference to me. But don't sit here and talk like "all" supplements are a waste.

joshuaclottey

Jun 12, 2015

That's not important. What's important are results