Thermalright's V1 GPU Cooler

Nov 11, 2004
I think alot of people have read about it. Too bad it won't work in my current case(s).. Lian Li v1200 Plus and Lian Li v2000Bs due to the fact that they're inverted..

The Zalman vf-700Cu is a good alternative.

JBDan

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2004
Yea I have thought about the vf-700 often, but just have not taken the plunge. Waiting for the "next" great gpu air-cooler to arrive. I just love Thermalright's products. Tx for the input Ken :)

Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: JBDan
Yea I have thought about the vf-700 often, but just have not taken the plunge. Waiting for the "next" great gpu air-cooler to arrive. I just love Thermalright's products. Tx for the input Ken :)

I'm not the barbie one! :p

JBDan

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Kensai
Originally posted by: JBDan

I'm not the barbie one! :p

LOLOL srry Kensai

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
I just bought one of these for my brother's 6800nu. I'll let you know what kind of temps he gets once I get it installed.

JBDan

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Elfear
I just bought one of these for my brother's 6800nu. I'll let you know what kind of temps he gets once I get it installed.

Nice! Looking forward to your results :) Tx

imported_seamonkey79

Aug 22, 2005
I bought one, and for the hour and a half it was on my 6800GT before the thing fried, my temps were 20 C cooler than the stock... BFG 6800GT-OC

Mysteriouskk

Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by: seamonkey79
I bought one, and for the hour and a half it was on my 6800GT before the thing fried, my temps were 20 C cooler than the stock... BFG 6800GT-OC

What cooler should I get for my x800 XTPE?

imported_seamonkey79

Aug 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Mysteriouskk

Quite honestly, either the Zalman VF700 or the Thermaltake V-1 would be excellent choices... go with whichever one will fit the best, as they're both excellent coolers, and quiet to boot... I'd managed to get my system nearly quiet with the same number of fans in it as everything has stock with the Thermalright and a Thermaltake Big Typhoon... this system, all air-cooled, is quiter than my last system, all watercooled... go figure, it also cools much better...

Mysteriouskk

Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Mysteriouskk

Quite honestly, either the Zalman VF700 or the Thermaltake V-1 would be excellent choices... go with whichever one will fit the best, as they're both excellent coolers, and quiet to boot... I'd managed to get my system nearly quiet with the same number of fans in it as everything has stock with the Thermalright and a Thermaltake Big Typhoon... this system, all air-cooled, is quiter than my last system, all watercooled... go figure, it also cools much better...
Does the V-1 work on the X800 XTPE?

imported_seamonkey79

Aug 22, 2005
You know, I don't know what to think... it looks like mounting it should be a piece of cake, however, it's not listed as one of the supported cards... I got an email reply from them stating that the 7800GT and the V-1 are not compatible... but they should be, especially considering the 7800GT runs even cooler than the 6800GT does...