Theres apparently far more material

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Was this talked about?
Feeling lazy today
The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

A month after Trump’s surprise election victory, Page was back in Moscow saying he was meeting with “business leaders and thought leaders”, dismissing the FBI investigation as a “witch-hunt” and suggesting the Russian hacking of the Democratic Party alleged by US intelligence agencies, could be a false flag operation to incriminate Moscow.
Another of the reports compiled by the former western counter-intelligence official in July said that members of Trump’s team, which was led by campaign manager Paul Manafort (a former consultant for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine), had knowledge of the DNC hacking operation, and in return “had agreed to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue and to raise US/Nato defence commitments in the Baltics and Eastern Europe to deflect attention away from Ukraine”.

A few days later, Trump raised the possibility that his administration might recognise Russia’s annexation of Crimea and openly called on Moscow to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails.

In August, officials from the Trump campaign intervened in the drafting of the Republican party platform, specifically to remove a call for lethal assistance to Ukraine for its battle against Moscow-backed eastern rebel
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

Reactions: jackstar7

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
lol trump will get impeached and pence will be president. Still good for the republicans. I dont even know pence but Id take him over trump.
Good lord, no. Pence is like W but without the sense of humor and without any self doubt.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
and with a shitload more 'new earthism' mentality.
drumpf is a trainwreck, but pence would be beyond a shitshow.

^^^ This. JStOrm, ask yourself if you'd want a guy with all the horrendous and ideologically committed views of Ted Cruz but who didn't frighten people because he looked like Uncle Daddy.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Good lord, no. Pence is like W but without the sense of humor and without any self doubt.

The thought of having that condescending puckered anus of a face laughing and shaking itself at the country for 4 years is too much to bear. Let Trump serve out his term but become so politically marginalized and unpopular that he might as well have died.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
because a popular drumpf does sane things???
He's not popular. And he complained about that fact a lot and had to invent/adopt a narrative that didn't reflect reality, but did reflect what he wishes for reality.

He'd have to do something transcendent to be popular so we could see what that's like.

As it stands, his tiny hands can't protect his hyperbolicly large ego.

Feb 16, 2005
He's not popular. And he complained about that fact a lot and had to invent/adopt a narrative that didn't reflect reality, but did reflect what he wishes for reality.

He'd have to do something transcendent to be popular so we could see what that's like.

As it stands, his tiny hands can't protect his hyperbolicly large ego.
sorry I was actually thinking more historically. the guys a trainwreck looking for a station to hit.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Real men show back up and accept when they were wrong. Little pussy Russian loving conservatives sulk off to post the same misinformation another day.

So a company in Russia having a 20% stake in U.S. uranium production (and a bigger degree of control of the uranium market) is not a big deal? What is the point of taking this further? Bill Clinton received a $500,000 speaking fee from an investment bank involved in the deal. Millions were donated to the Clinton foundation from Urniuam One. Along with another $30+ million donation from Frank Giustra who stood to profit from the deal. Obama had an agreement with Hillary regarding the foundation which was ignored in this case. But whatever... the left has some panty in the wad about deligitimizing the election of Trump.

And what is this Russian loving shit? Although I do love my AK. Look Putin is out for himself (billionaire many times over courtesy of the Russan people he ripped off). Secondary to that, Putin is out for Russian interests. Russia has goals but destruction of the U.S. does not seem to be one of them. Can any leftists give me a case for war against Russia? I think a closer relationship with Russia will allow the U.S. to focus on other shit. Putin is the problem of Russian citizens.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
double down my communist friend. 1950 real men would of black listed you.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
An unpopular trump may do rash things.
Exactly.Yes. But, duuuuude, he's no committed yahoo ideologue. As comically and cosmically and catastrophically as it may sound, I'll take Trump over the likes of Cruz or Pence all day, every day.

Laugh and all too often tremble at Trump at our Republic's helm . . . you gotta' laugh also, my friend; the Union will still stand . . . but fear a President Pence's more focused and determined agenda fronted by: "Daddy's home!"

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Have you notice the vast majority of this forum ignores your posts. Much of the left in here feel you're a plant to make their side look bad.

Whatever the simpletons gotta tell themselves to minimize the incredible butthurt.