Theres apparently far more material

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The russians aren't exactly going to play ball since it does potential blackmailers who want to milk it no favors to be exposed. So their interests here are aligned with the conservatives.

Last edited:

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Really? Let's say the report is revealed to be 100% fake, and our intelligence agencies (which Trump has a vendetta against) admit to taking it seriously, and CNN (which Trump has a vendetta against) admits to jumping the gun. You don't think that validates everything Trump has been accusing others of over the last several months?

Validate what. Be specific. I imagine that CNN and the intelligence apparatus didn't just become bored to death one day and decide to make up their information. Knowing that's a good assumption, you'd have to explain what Trump has been arguing for the last several months. You'll find the turd himself doesn't know, as he frequently contradicts himself mid-sentence and sadly that's not a rhetorical device I'm using, he actually disproves/confuses his own bluster from moment to moment.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Sounds like you've given up on 2020 already. The idea that every Trump voter is a diehard loyalist is not true; there were plenty of Republicans that voted for him because "Anything but Hillary", and probably a lot of moderates that sat things out because they hated both candidates. What happens if Trump finally finds that smidgen of truth about a conspiracy against him? He will ride that until his death.

Plus, the biggest thing that will stall him in terms of being effective and rallying Republicans together in support of Russia are obviously the Russian ties allegations. Even if there are real Russian ties with Trump, revelation of fake ones gives him a free pass on that issue. I mean, McCain for one is going to look like an absolute fool if these documents were fake, and is going to lose a lot of his maverick power he once enjoyed over the Republican mainline.

I'm sorry, but you are simply out to lunch if you think anyone in the world other than maybe a few reddit MAGA rejects is going to look at McCain in a different light simply because he passed information from a reliable source to the FBI. Your whole line of thought doesn't really make any sense, as McCain AFAIK didn't outright make a judgment when passing the info, he felt it was simply necessary to inform the right authority. And that's obvious if the source has a reliable record (I don't know if the source does or not).

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
First off, stop reading Twitter norseamd, you believe anything posted on it that you want to.

Second off, if the image is true, the interesting thing isn't that there's more evidence, it's that more than just this one ex-MI6 guy took the report seriously. If the story turns out false, this couldn't possibly be a better break for Trump. This is great news for the Trump camp until the actual video footage gets out there.

Well you can either keep bitching about Twitter, or read the online article that has now been posted up.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38589427

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Well you can either keep bitching about Twitter, or read the online article that has now been posted up.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38589427

Ha, the Buzzfeed doc is looking more and more credible, though it'll obviously take a lot more corroboration and maybe hard proof to blow this thing wide open. God knows the country needs this blowhard kicked to the curb. He's so out of his league it's pretty incredible.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
haha conservatives were duped by the trump. HAHA. conservatives are dummies. HAHA. It was worth it to see this shit show. Im glad of it.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Can we ignore all the conspiracy theories in favor of giving more attention to vetting the people in the hearings guys? You know, at least until some hard proof (if ever) materializes.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
trump and russia were talking before the election. the gop are communists now. Red communists.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Really? They took the birthers so seriously they elected its king.

By all means do so and I'll vote for my dog again.

Remember that Trump beat Hillary but she wasn't wanted as evidenced by her being the second most disliked candidate to have run. Didn't listen to what the public as a whole was saying and apparently didn't care.

That says to a great many people, not just Trump supporters, that the Dems didn't care what people wanted in a candidate but they were going to have them anyway because the alternative was Trump.

Didn't work out well.

So be different or be prepared to lose again, possibly against Trump. I suggest you don't say "That can't happen".

Learn and improve, or not.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Validate what. Be specific. I imagine that CNN and the intelligence apparatus didn't just become bored to death one day and decide to make up their information. Knowing that's a good assumption, you'd have to explain what Trump has been arguing for the last several months. You'll find the turd himself doesn't know, as he frequently contradicts himself mid-sentence and sadly that's not a rhetorical device I'm using, he actually disproves/confuses his own bluster from moment to moment.

Trump has made many comments about biased MSM and our intelligence agencies being wrong. Arguably the Russian connection is the single biggest thing hanging over him right now; gropegate and tax loopholes are certainly irrelevant now. If the report is false AND intelligence spread around a false document unknowingly, it allows Trump to tear both down, even giving an excuse for him to cleare house within the agencies as retaliation. Obviously Trump says all sorts of crap, but this story touches on all the steamiest chunks.

I'm sorry, but you are simply out to lunch if you think anyone in the world other than maybe a few reddit MAGA rejects is going to look at McCain in a different light simply because he passed information from a reliable source to the FBI. Your whole line of thought doesn't really make any sense, as McCain AFAIK didn't outright make a judgment when passing the info, he felt it was simply necessary to inform the right authority. And that's obvious if the source has a reliable record (I don't know if the source does or not).

Republican majority in the senate isn't that great; all it takes is McCain and a few other token members to prevent Republicans from steamrolling. Perhaps McCain is too old now to even care what his peers think of him, but this story should embolden younger senators to stand behind Trump rather than risk being thrown under the bus as a RINO. Before now, Trump's Russian connection was always had an element of plausible deniability, but this report throws that away and makes very specific allegations. If any of the allegations are proven false, what's to prevent Trump from just bringing up the ones that are every time he wants to do something controversial on the international stage?

MAGA rejects are a growing thing btw. Just look at the polls where Republicans have gone from majority free-trade to majority protectionist practically overnight thanks to Trump. He has a new base shaking things up, and the base wants blood.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Trump has made many comments about biased MSM and our intelligence agencies being wrong. Arguably the Russian connection is the single biggest thing hanging over him right now; gropegate and tax loopholes are certainly irrelevant now. If the report is false AND intelligence spread around a false document unknowingly, it allows Trump to tear both down, even clearing house within the agencies to give him excuse for retaliation against them. Obviously Trump says all sorts of crap, but this story touches on all the steamiest chunks.

It gives him no such leeway to do anything of sort, even if false. Short of there being evidence of IC actively making up information (not just getting intel wrong), there's no way Trump has any excuse for retaliation. Please. Retaliation for bad intel just because it made Trump look bad is the height of irresponsibility (but of course we're talking Trump here).

Besides, like I said, the dude contradicts himself within moments of each other; he just admitted the IC was right about Russia hacking, so how on earth is he justified in retaliation IF they were to get this information wrong? Makes zero sense.

Republican majority in the senate isn't that great; all it takes is McCain and a few other token members to prevent Republicans from steamrolling. Perhaps McCain is too old now to even care what his peers think of him, but this story should embolden younger senators to stand behind Trump rather than risk being thrown under the bus as a RINO. Before now, Trump's Russian connection was always had an element of plausible deniability, but this report throws that away and makes very specific allegations. If any of the allegations are proven false, what's to prevent Trump from just bringing up the ones that are every time he wants to do something controversial on the international stage?

No one will take him seriously if he latches onto one bit of information IC got wrong. Not that he's taken seriously as is.

And I'm not sure what you're saying WRT McCain and the Senate, he's as relevant as ever and along with Graham very much capable of pushing Russia investigations and even preventing a SCOTUS filibuster rules change. Handing over intel docs that (might) be wrong will change zero of that.

MAGA rejects are a growing thing btw. Just look at the polls where Republicans have gone from majority free-trade to majority protectionist practically overnight thanks to Trump. He has a new base shaking things up, and the base wants blood.

The guy won by 80k votes in 3 states out of 135M votes cast, against a terrible candidate politically-speaking and is currently the most unpopular POTUS-elect in history going into inaugruation and is following a POTUS with a nearly 60% approval rating. Basically his room for error is zero. Him being more protectionist just means he's adopting progressive policies, so I guess good for him and his unwitting followers? Haha.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
haha conservatives were duped by the trump. HAHA. conservatives are dummies. HAHA. It was worth it to see this shit show. Im glad of it.
HAHAHA while all of you are going all Benghazi on Urinegate, he is going to quietly throw off the scent on things that matter...like his political appointments.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

I'm with you, turns out it's all worth it in the end. Please let it be true ... the comedy of 60 million people voting for a man whose biggest legacy would thereby be "piss party president" is a once in a millennium opportunity.

HAHAHA while all of you are going all Benghazi on Urinegate, he is going to quietly throw off the scent on things that matter...like his political appointments.

Yeah, because it's so hard to pay attention to TWO WHOLE THINGS at once. Everybody here is well aware of the confirmation hearings going on while we laugh at the Piss Party President.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I'm with you, turns out it's all worth it in the end. Please let it be true ... the comedy of 60 million people voting for a man whose biggest legacy would thereby be "piss party president" is a once in a millennium opportunity.

Yeah, because it's so hard to pay attention to TWO WHOLE THINGS at once. Everybody here is well aware of the confirmation hearings going on while we laugh at the Piss Party President.
I am not so sure. I went to look for news stories on the appointment hearings, but the media is wall to wall urine.

Penthouse just announced a $1M award for video evidence.

How are the editors at the Onion going to trump reality?

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
@HamburgerBoy

Twitter is great, where else would we get sponsored ads like these?

C18Ae-VXAAACAvW.jpg:large

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo and JSt0rm