There's a special place in Hell for people like this

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blueychan

Feb 1, 2008
Originally posted by: Dari
Last night Sarah Palin proclaimed that
To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.

But before she had her child (with Down's Syndrome), she never cared for these families. In fact, she cut the budget for Special Needs kids last year (her first full year in office). It's terrible that, not only is she pimping her mentally retarded infant for sympathy and support, but she never gave a damn about anyone who might be in a similar situation. I don't know the specifics about the Alaskan budget, but considering the fact that oil prices have skyrocketed the past couple of years, they can't be in too bad of a shape.

This reminds me of the Republican who went on television and said he could no longer support the anti-gay Republican policies because he just found out his daughter was a lesbian. The point is, why don't you put yourself in other people's shoes before G-d forces your hand? And why exploit your child like that knowing your own history on the subject?

link

So much hates from a typical liberal. Here's a news flash every politicians (republic/democrats) do the same craps.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Blueychan
To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.

But before she had her child (with Down's Syndrome), she never cared for these families. In fact, she cut the budget for Special Needs kids last year (her first full year in office). It's terrible that, not only is she pimping her mentally retarded infant for sympathy and support, but she never gave a damn about anyone who might be in a similar situation. I don't know the specifics about the Alaskan budget, but considering the fact that oil prices have skyrocketed the past couple of years, they can't be in too bad of a shape.

This reminds me of the Republican who went on television and said he could no longer support the anti-gay Republican policies because he just found out his daughter was a lesbian. The point is, why don't you put yourself in other people's shoes before G-d forces your hand? And why exploit your child like that knowing your own history on the subject?

link

So much hates from a typical troll. Here's a news flash every politicians (republic/democrats) do the same craps.

fixed.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
This is ridiculous. How about anyone that has been through <name your favorite disease> and then start raising money/awareness for said disease, should they go to hell too? Again, I have to stress that this is absolutely ridiculous.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Sounds like your typical self serving Politician

There was a small error in your post ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok nakedfrog, you say there is a small error in the post by I assume Red Dawn. What pray tell was that error or do you expect people to believe you because you say there is an error?

What is your specific point and the reasons for so thinking, or is that too much to ask?

Please tell me that either:
a) You aren't serious
or
b) You won't be voting any time soon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am serious and I will be voting. Its you who have shot off your mouth and now still do not define the point you are making.

At least some others cite budget figures, as for you, all I did was ask.

Holy sh1t just read the OP and then read the post that you quoted.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
To be honest before I met my autistic Stepson I was rather clueless about the condition and though I wasn't unsympathetic the whole situation regarding them and their care wasn't high on my list of priorities like it is now

I'm the same way when it comes to alzheimers, I didn't think much about it until my Grandmother got it a few years ago. I guess you, me, and Palin we'll be spending some time in hell together.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: jyates
No such special place available for said "people".

Yes their is. Assholes will never know the joy that comes from true self respect that isn't a lie or a deception. Virtue is it's only reward people mock, having no idea just how incredible that reward actually is.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Yes their is. Assholes will never know the joy that comes from true self respect that isn't a lie or a deception. Virtue is it's only reward people mock, having no idea just how incredible that reward actually is.

That would be the reward of knowing that you're always right and that you're smarter than everyone else?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse

link
so wait, let me get this straight... Palin became aware of a serious issue after she, for the very first time in her own life, gained first-hand experience with the problem; and this is somehow worthy of a "special place in hell"?!

wtf?!

What might be worthy of that place in hell would be coming face-to-face with such an issue, and then NOT becoming involved in a solution.

Life-changing experiences are just that... life-changing.

you're a fucking loon.

You are due for some life changing experience.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose

That would be the reward of knowing that you're always right and that you're smarter than everyone else?

Wrong, but how would you know that either?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Take care of your own fucking problems and don't expect the government to help you with your special needs that is, of course, until you suddenly discover you have some. Then become a champion of some fractional problem.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: JD50
Sounds like your typical self serving Politician

There was a small error in your post ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok nakedfrog, you say there is a small error in the post by I assume Red Dawn. What pray tell was that error or do you expect people to believe you because you say there is an error?

What is your specific point and the reasons for so thinking, or is that too much to ask?

Please tell me that either:
a) You aren't serious
or
b) You won't be voting any time soon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am serious and I will be voting. Its you who have shot off your mouth and now still do not define the point you are making.

At least some others cite budget figures, as for you, all I did was ask.

Holy sh1t just read the OP and then read the post that you quoted.

No kidding, you're making an especially assy ass of yourself today Lemon Law :laugh: ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
To be honest before I met my autistic Stepson I was rather clueless about the condition and though I wasn't unsympathetic the whole situation regarding them and their care wasn't high on my list of priorities like it is now

I'm the same way when it comes to alzheimers, I didn't think much about it until my Grandmother got it a few years ago. I guess you, me, and Palin we'll be spending some time in hell together.

You are in hell and have discovered it, a hell for folk and the families of folk with Alzheimer's. And there are millions more hells for you to discover.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
This is ridiculous. How about anyone that has been through <name your favorite disease> and then start raising money/awareness for said disease, should they go to hell too? Again, I have to stress that this is absolutely ridiculous.

Exactly. There must be a special place in hell for Michael J. Fox. What a selfish bastard. :roll:

Take care of your own fucking problems and don't expect the government to help you with your special needs that is, of course, until you suddenly discover you have some. Then become a champion of some fractional problem.

Personally, I really don't think the Government should be involved, but I'm a small government kind of guy. I think that kind of stuff is what charities, families, and support groups are for. It's not that I'm not compassionate towards the special need families, I just think local groups and charities are better. We all know how inefficient the government is and we all rely on them way too much.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
While I'm happy that some of you have corrected my OP, that wasn't the point. It wasn't that long ago when others used to lob (political) grenades at us to keep us on our toes. Expect the same from me.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

Pretty much. Few people turn into crusaders about any cause without having first run smack-dab into it themselves. I would not fault her for this if she had done it, which apparently she has not.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Palin whores her kids out for politcal gains? OMG say it ain't so!

Hilary did it too :roll: No idea why woman politician think this is alright.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: misle

Exactly. There must be a special place in hell for Michael J. Fox. What a selfish bastard. :roll:

Personally, I really don't think the Government should be involved, but I'm a small government kind of guy. I think that kind of stuff is what charities, families, and support groups are for. It's not that I'm not compassionate towards the special need families, I just think local groups and charities are better. We all know how inefficient the government is and we all rely on them way too much.

I think nothing could be more obvious that local and charity groups are totally insufficient for the problems otherwise we wouldn't have all these folk suddenly awakening to various problems. It is because folk like you vote for folk who spout that shit that the world is so fucked up. I heard that in China they killed flies one day and there weren't any flies to be found for a while. It was the government, also, that went to the moon and started the electronics revolution.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus

Pretty much. Few people turn into crusaders about any cause without having first run smack-dab into it themselves. I would not fault her for this if she had done it, which apparently she has not.

True Palin , like many Republicans being a hypocritical Moral Authoritarian, is bad enoug, there's no need to saddle her with shit she hasn't done.

g8wayrebel

Nov 15, 2004

Yes there is. Assholes will never know the joy that comes from true self respect that isn't a lie or a deception. Virtue is it's only reward. People mock, having no idea just how incredible that reward actually is.

^^Fixed.^^

Are you , the one calling people assholes, supposed to be the virtuous one?
Perhaps a search for the definition of virtue will do you well.
See my sig if you can't find a source yourself.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

link

moron, people in general dont pay much attention to stuff like that until it happens in their own life.

oh, QED owned your ass.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

i was the same way when my dad got leukemia. until then cancer was on the very back burner of my worries. After he passed in 2003 ive done the relay for life every year.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: g8wayrebel

Yes there is. Assholes will never know the joy that comes from true self respect that isn't a lie or a deception. Virtue is it's only reward. People mock, having no idea just how incredible that reward actually is.

^^Fixed.^^

Are you , the one calling people assholes, supposed to be the virtuous one?
Perhaps a search for the definition of virtue will do you well.
See my sig if you can't find a source yourself.

I love assholes but they hate themselves and when you mention there's a heaven they cannot see they get all upset. They want to get into a pissing contest about who is virtuous and focus on me.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse

link
so wait, let me get this straight... Palin became aware of a serious issue after she, for the very first time in her own life, gained first-hand experience with the problem; and this is somehow worthy of a "special place in hell"?!

wtf?!

What might be worthy of that place in hell would be coming face-to-face with such an issue, and then NOT becoming involved in a solution.

Life-changing experiences are just that... life-changing.

you're a fucking loon.

You are due for some life changing experiences.
Thankfully, I have them every day.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
As I've pointed out I don't know how many timeis on this forum, the executive branch does NOT set the budget. This is just as true for Alaska as it is for the federal government. Thus, it's an outright lie to say that Bush cut funding for anything, or that Palin cut funding for special needs people. And I don't even like her or Bush. I just wish people would stop all of the BS tactics and focus on the reality of the situation.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
dari so where you at? any answer to QED?

though i understand why people do what dari claimed. Unless you know someone in that situation why would most think about it?