There is a stereotype I hope would not be true.

Aug 16, 2001
So I got invited to a birthday party this weekend. They guy was 30 and it was a surprise party arranged by his GF so a lot of unknown (to me) people came. I was there to bring up the average age and increase the non-american quota.

Keg came in, food and snacks were served. Started slow but soon enough most got drunk or at least a good buzz going. More people dropped in....
People talked and bla bla bla..... I had a feeling of college party. Typical jocks arrived with bimbo girlfriends. (Nice T&A for sure).

Drunk guys comes up to me and asks where I'm from... 'Sweden' I say.

'Ohhh yeah cool' he replies. I got a frat brother who lived in Sweden for a while. The town was 'K' something ending in 'n'..... I think it was Kingston.
I was like: :confused:.... 'No Kingston is in Jamaica' I said. He got all :Q

I continued drinking beer..... frat boys != smart. I was hoping for the opposite but no. The stereotype is true.

Cheers,
:beer:

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I was once held up at gun-point by 2 black men.

I guess all black men are dirty thieves.

Aug 16, 2001
:D:D
Yeah, I see what you mean but this was enough. I've met enough frat boys to call this stereotype 90% confirmed. LOL

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: BigJ

And therefore all Jamaicans are thieves, and since the frat boy knew a Jamaican Swede, all Swedes are theives. :Q

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Yeah, I see what you mean but this was enough. I've met enough frat boys to call this stereotype 90% confirmed. LOL

All GDI's are the same.

MotionMan

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs

And therefore all Jamaicans are thieves, and since the frat boy knew a Jamaican Swede, all Swedes are theives. :Q

It runs deeper than I could've ever thought!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs

It runs deeper than I could've ever thought!

haha me too. wow that went far.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: MotionMan

All GDI's are the same.

MotionMan

Yup, I'm a 'God Damned Independant' if that's what you mean. :D

S

SlitheryDee

Ahah but knowing kingston is in jamaica or remembering what town in sweden a friend lived in != intelligence.

Amplifier

Banned
Dec 25, 2004
Most frat boys on alcohol are not intelligent. Looks like you made a shocking discovery my dear Jamaican.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Ahah but knowing kingston is in jamaica or remembering what town in sweden a friend lived in != intelligence.

He showed his brilliance in more ways.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
So I got invited to a birthday party this weekend. They guy was 30 and it was a surprise party arranged by his GF so a lot of unknown (to me) people came. I was there to bring up the average age and increase the non-american quota.

Keg came in, food and snacks were served. Started slow but soon enough most got drunk or at least a good buzz going. More people dropped in....
People talked and bla bla bla..... I had a feeling of college party. Typical jocks arrived with bimbo girlfriends. (Nice T&A for sure).

'Ohhh yeah cool' he replies. I got a frat brother who lived in Sweden for a while. The town was 'K' something ending in 'n'..... I think it was Kingston.

I continued drinking beer..... frat boys != smart. I was hoping for the opposite but no. The stereotype is true.

Cheers,

Dude! You're Swedish... so like... weed is legal there right? And you've got that like... big clock that goes dum dum dum?

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003

that's weird because 90% of the fraternity brothers i've met are really smart.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
lol

I studied and worked in Copenhagen for a while and a lot of my friends (fraternity and non-fraternity related) and coworkers (I work in a genetics lab) still think I was in Amsterdam or Germany or France(after the whole cartoon thing). I just chaulk it up to the usual geographyphobia.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Doboji

Cheers,

Dude! You're Swedish... so like... weed is legal there right? And you've got that like... big clock that goes dum dum dum?

Yeah totally duude. It's so great being close to the Pacific OCean while walking in Oslo Romania.

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: blackdogdeek

That depends on your measuring stick I suppose. :)

I tend to agree with the OP in principle, just not the example he cited as evidence.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

I'd say it's about average...some are smart, some are dumber than a box of rocks, just like everyone else. I think the pink polo shirts with the popped up collars just make them LOOK dumber ;)

Edit: Also, I have noticed that frat boys seem to be more likely to be conservatives and/or Republicans than the average college student, I think we'll all draw different conclusions from THAT :D

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee

That depends on your measuring stick I suppose. :)

I tend to agree with the OP in principle, just not the example he cited as evidence.

It's not really evidence, more like another event in a long chain of events.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Amplifier
Most frat boys on alcohol are not intelligent. Looks like you made a shocking discovery my dear Jamaican.

I guess so.

ill tell you that my 2 cousins who were in frats deffinately are much smarter than you think.

one is an extremely succcessful person, and the other is just starting. both however are extremely smart.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford

I'd say it's about average...some are smart, some are dumber than a box of rocks, just like everyone else. I think the pink polo shirts with the popped up collars just make them LOOK dumber ;)

Woah, there were a few popped up collars there too. Damn. LOL

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
Originally posted by: Amplifier

I guess so.

ill tell you that my 2 cousins who were in frats deffinately are much smarter than you think.

one is an extremely succcessful person, and the other is just starting. both however are extremely smart.

Good for them!
The ones I've met are all the same. Cast in the same mold.

I told you I wish someone could destroy this stereotype, but I haven't met one yet.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Doboji

Cheers,

Yeah totally duude. It's so great being close to the Pacific OCean while walking in Oslo Romania.

Dude!!! Romania!!! Romania is awesome!!! I went there one time, dude it is such a long drive from LA... it took like ummm... alot of hours... and everyone kept saying "eh" and drinking beer... it was AWESOME!