The Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold, Releases In 3 Weeks

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PUN

Golden Member
Dec 5, 1999
there was a Khoran Mountain silver sword in the area of Akranas (?) fight.
make sure u find it as it's quite good.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Some news on the patch that's coming,

ETA to Wednesday evening
Michał Kiciński

Guys,

Good news. Patch 1.1 is soon to be released! Test are in progress.
Current ETA is Wednesday evening (Europe time)

Please expect major improvments:) and solution for most of the problems. Including:

- activation/installation problems
- better performance (owners of retail version will notice the biggest difference)
- no more DLC download/activation problems (Troll DLC will be INCLUDED in the patch itself, so
no need to download and install it)
- Nvidia 3D vision problem solved
- invert mouse and keyboard mapping

and many more:)

To be sure that all people will have an access to this patch there will be option of manuall download and installation.

Sorry 4 all problems, we will work hard to be sure that eventually all of you will be fully satified!

Michal
CDP RED
PS. Once this patch is in the tests right now, we already have started working on the next one in which we want to solve some more issues, including hardware specific problems (ie. g35 compatibility). Patch 1.1 seems to be very major one, but still if you don't find your problem on the list, there is a big chance that it will fixed soon in next patch. And we will really do all this ASAP.

Oct 27, 2007
Some news on the patch that's coming,
Thanks for posting this, Anandtech is the best place for news :) I have this game, intending to start this weekend so this is great news.

(yeah I backed down from my intention of bargain-binning this game, it looks way too cool).

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
For a change the unanimous reviews are spot on. I just finished chapter 1 and damn the game has been one helluva epic experience so far. The boss battles are fun and challenge and the overall difficulty is a nice breath of fresh air--while the game is dificult, I have not faced any part that is frustrating to accomplish.

I've caught myself several time just roaming around the town just to view at the beautiful vistas and lighting. The world is very lively, and the quests are all varied and interesting. People complain about the combat, but I find it's really fun (reminds me of Batman Arkam Asylum).

There are quite a laundry list of bugs that are keeping this game from being perfect, ranging from annoying menu interface designs and quest breaking issues that I hope the first patch will address.

CD Projekt seems to be very enthusiastic about the game, and I feel like a lot of the big developers can really model after these guys. This game is a perfect example of how gamers can really voice with their cash. I don't know if they hold up their bargain, but it's been noted by the team that all DLCs will be free.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Only bad thing I hear is the game is a lot shorter then the first one(only 3 Acts).

I still like to know how PC Gamer gave DA2 94 score and W2 only 89 score,how much did EA pay them?

Last edited:

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Only bad thing I hear is the game is a lot shorter then the first one(only 3 Acts).

I still like to know how PC Gamer gave DA2 94 score and W2 only 89 score,how much did EA pay them?

i agree about the length - i finished it in about 12 hours, but i barely did any side quests. my second playthrough will probably be longer, and i've heard people talking about locations i've never seen, so it seems a second playthrough is definitely worth it

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
This game is $45 at Best Buy this week, is that the best price you people have seen around? Looking to buy a boxed retail game, not a fan of downloadable copies.

Apr 28, 2010
Getting some odd lighting bugs with the new drivers. Circular lights which seems to just shine through and on top of everything. Seems to be limited to the forest around Flotsam for new, though.

CrystalBay

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2002
This game rocks effin hard:thumbsup:, finished in about 40 hrs. I think I'll try going back to chapter3 dungeon and plot change for shiz and giggles.

I think IGN finally got a review proper this time . I agree pretty much with all said, I might have given it 1 or 2 more points though.

I just really appreciate all the Euro devs that have taken chances these past few years...

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Update on Patch news,

May 26, 2011, 11:16 a.m.
The good news is that the patch is ready. The bad news is that we have encountered some problems with the server infrastructure, making downloading DLCs impossible. We want to apologize to our fans for not meeting our target of delivering the patch last night. We will update you when we know more.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Getting some odd lighting bugs with the new drivers. Circular lights which seems to just shine through and on top of everything. Seems to be limited to the forest around Flotsam for new, though.

Try the newer 11.5b hotfix ,link is over in the video forums :).

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Update on Patch news,

Sounds kinda stupid to delay the patch for the game because people wouldn't be able to download DLC? Personally I don't care about the DLC, I just want my game working right.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Sounds kinda stupid to delay the patch for the game because people wouldn't be able to download DLC? Personally I don't care about the DLC, I just want my game working right.

The Troll Trouble is going to be included in this patch, and afaik the only other DLC's are language packs, which might be nice for some people. I suspect the reason they are delaying it is to not cause further problems. One of the big issues they had was that the launcher shipped with an improper CRN meaning they couldn't properly connect to the servers they had setup. Sort of a mess really, but at least they are working on it and keeping us somewhat informed.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I finished the game about one hour ago,definitely a lot shorter then W1,Act 3 is not long even with side quests ,you get an Epilogue chapter as well which is like 5 mins or so.

I'll probably replay it later with patches and also when I have my Bulldozer PC build up and running.

"Drakensang :The River of Time" is my next RPG game(probably tomorrow I'll start that game).

Last edited:

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
I finished the game about one hour ago,definitely a lot shorter then W1,Act 3 is not long even with side quests ,you get an Epilogue chapter as well which is like 5 mins or so.

I'll probably replay it later with patches and also when I have my Bulldozer PC build up and running.

"Drakensang :The River of Time" is my next RPG game(probably tomorrow I'll start that game).

Just curious, but what level were you when you finished? I'm trying to get an idea on my pacing in the game.

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Anyone have issues with face textures missing for like second then loading? My rig is barely minimum required so not sure if it is to be expected

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Patch is out now! http://en.thewitcher.com/patch/

Steam auto-updating, its 9.3gb!! :eek:

edit: I should mention downloading the patch itself seems to be about 30mb from their website. Steam is giving me a 9gb file, and several others too.

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Because of the way Steam does patch, it downloads all files that are effected by a patch, in this case one of the files is 9 gigs :(