The Whiteness Forum

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This cartoonist must know you

Cool, things have changed since 1860. But, the Democrats were still the slave owners, the Republicans took the slaves away from the Democrats. Well, really, the Democrats just changed the nature of the plantation and the slave...

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Cool, things have changed since 1860. But, the Democrats were still the slave owners, the Republicans took the slaves away from the Democrats. Well, really, the Democrats just changed the nature of the plantation and the slave...
Seriously? Give us some examples please?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
what i want to know is who has given this sock 82 posrep?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I think you're very right. People never see/don't know about the jobs black people never get called back for, unlike affirmative action.

To be honest, I think you've shaken loose something I had thought immovable. My very strong felt view that affirmative action is strictly immoral and unjust. Not to say I'm prepared to change my opposition to it, but you brought awareness to a situation that it is clearly meant to address, and inaction may not be suitable. Like the economy, I will be spending some time mulling this one over, and then reexamining exactly what it means to me.

Reactions: dank69

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Well you're more likely to get hired when you apply for a job for one thing, haha.
Touche. Generally speaking and historically, yes. Contemporarily, the answer is a bit more nuanced.

A college class on evaluating whiteness absolutely does not assume a common definition of what whiteness is. I would be absolutely floored if one of the fundamental components of that class was not on the differing definitions of what white is and how that has changed throughout history.
The project topics selected by the students and mentioned in the article suggest complete ignorance to those nuances.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
If a Nazi shot five black men we'd all be up in arms and demand justice

Hey dumbass.. we're all up in arms over a Nazi killing Heather Heyer and yet your overlord & god refers to him as very fine people.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
https://www.thecollegefix.com/university-hosts-critical-look-at-whiteness-forum/

Again the left manufactures the victim mentality and blames white people. Maybe we just need more affirmative action?

Today's targets: VeggieTales, the NFL, White women that support Trump.

I'm a white male, just trying to make it through life as best I can like everyone else. I have not been the beneficiary of scholarships or affirmative action. I've never owned any other human being, and as far as I'm aware no one in my family has. Amazing how today the left has made it so it is ok to blame and talk about white people as a group causing issues in society, but only is it ok to talk about that single demographic is such a way. Just another day in the world the racist left has created.

shut your whinny bitch mouth. Like nobody even pays attention to you entitled white people. ohh look at meeee. so oppressed. Fuck off.

Reactions: repoman0

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Hey dumbass.. we're all up in arms over a Nazi killing Heather Heyer and yet your overlord & god refers to him as very fine people.

And I as a (today) right-leaning citizen have zero love for that killer and hope he rots in jail or better yet finds himself hanging from a rope by his neck. I want nothing to do with any group that inspires violence as part of their rhetoric. They are a terrorist hate group.

Now, your turn.

https://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/black-lives-matter.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

https://images.tmz.com/2016/09/01/0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3.jpg

I'm ready for you to disavow far left BLM and call them a terrorist hate group as I just did for the far right Nazis.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Touche. Generally speaking and historically, yes. Contemporarily, the answer is a bit more nuanced.

The project topics selected by the students and mentioned in the article suggest complete ignorance to those nuances.

Remember, the article is from a hard right propaganda source. It is unlikely to give an accurate depiction of the class.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Clearly, I'm sure all the racists and segregationists moved from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party because they learned the error of their ways and just wanted to help black people escape Democratic oppression. At the same time all those black people who noticed very clearly how they were oppressed all simultaneously forgot that and decided to start voting for their oppressors and against the valiant Republicans trying to save them.

It is frankly insulting to us all that you think we are as stupid and easily duped as you are.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
And I as a (today) right-leaning citizen have zero love for that killer and hope he rots in jail or better yet finds himself hanging from a rope by his neck. I want nothing to do with any group that inspires violence as part of their rhetoric. They are a terrorist hate group.

Now, your turn.

https://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/black-lives-matter.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

https://images.tmz.com/2016/09/01/0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3.jpg

I'm ready for you to disavow far left BLM and call them a terrorist hate group as I just did for the far right Nazis.

all those killers are good. only nazi killers are bad.

Reactions: SlowSpyder

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I grew up and effectively had one parent by adolescence in a bad area where I was by FAR the minority in not great schools, next to a bunch of low income apartments (at least early on) where the teachers were busier disciplining kids and just watching them for the day than teaching. I always wondered why 2/3 the class had reduced or free lunch while I had to pay. Kids used to always bring in fake week to mimic smoking it like their parents did at recess. I could have gotten caught up in bad stuff quite easily. I too have a "white name" as well as check boxes to not reply to the race/sex so I don't get the benefit of affirmative action.

I've struggled but made it to a comfortable living myself, took my own path. There were bumps along the way, and you can deny that this happened all you want, but it DID happen and helps shape my world view, I WAS denied a job for no other reason whatsoever than being a white male. That was 100% the reason. But, I know there are decent people out there that care more about my achievements and experience than my skin color, and I soldiered on and am better today for it. Opportunity is often disguised as hard work, and I promise hard work and persistence will triumph over those that penalize for skin color, as I was penalized.

Is pepe well again or still out with the cancer?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Remember, the article is from a hard right propaganda source. It is unlikely to give an accurate depiction of the class.
The alt-right usual suspects are certainly in a social media frenzy over this, but I doubt they fabricated the student displays or web presence for the actual event...it couldn’t be more cliche of far left thinking even without the alt-right embellishments.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013

Fucking troll continues to fucking troll. What a way to waste your life. Sad :(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is in part what I was getting at with my reply about Nazis violence vs BLM killings. The mainstream left is much more accepting of violence by leftist groups it seems, and this makes the mainstream complicit at least to some degree.

fucking lying tapeworm.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Slow's life changing event occurred when he came to believe he was a victim of affirmative action. That promotion was so important to him that he'll never get over it. It'll stick in his craw until his dying day. I mean, they treated him worse than they treated a minority. There he was, enjoying white privilege he never knew he had & it all came tumbling down. A real shocker.

Reactions: JSt0rm

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It's an embarrassment to humans that you manage to be this fucking stupid.

Reactions: obidamnkenobi

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Slow's life changing event occurred when he came to believe he was a victim of affirmative action. That promotion was so important to him that he'll never get over it. It'll stick in his craw until his dying day. I mean, they treated him worse than they treated a minority. There he was, enjoying white privilege he never knew he had & it all came tumbling down. A real shocker.

I didn't get scholarship. But I didn't melt like a snowflake either. Oh and I am evil Asian.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is in part what I was getting at with my reply about Nazis violence vs BLM killings. The mainstream left is much more accepting of violence by leftist groups it seems, and this makes the mainstream complicit at least to some degree.

That's just sad. The only association between the Dallas shooter & BLM is that he chose one of their peaceful marches to kill cops. That's it. Nobody excuses or defends him.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That's just sad. The only association between the Dallas shooter & BLM is that he chose one of their peaceful marches to kill cops. That's it. Nobody excuses or defends him.
he has to have YOU a liberal defend a murderer so HE a conservative can defend a murderer. Never mind you dont defend a murderer. As long as his bubble thinks it then it is reality.