The "What DOES Amish Like" Thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Actually, since you like Tank Girl you can be forgiven for liking Judge Dredd. But Hudson Hawk is just going to far. :p

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Originally posted by: Spooner
What movies do you like?

Ok, the movies on my list that I like:

Undercover Blues
Family Guy Volume 1: Special Edition
The Pest SUCKY MOVIE
Groundhog Day: Special Edition
Snatch: Superbit Deluxe
Stargate: Ultimate Edition
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
xXx: WS Special Edition SUCKY MOVIE
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace: Widescreen SUCKY MOVIE
X-Men
Virtuosity: Widescreen Collection SUCKY MOVIE
The Usual Suspects
Unbreakable: Vista Series SUCKY MOVIE
UHF
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Special Edition SUCKY MOVIE
Tank Girl
Tango & Cash
Swordfish SUCKY MOVIE
South Park: Volume 6
South Park: Volume 5
South Park: Volume 4
South Park: Volume 3
South Park: Volume 2
South Park: Volume 1
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Stigmata: Special Edition SUCKY MOVIE
Stephen Hawking's Universe, Volume 3
Stephen Hawking's Universe, Volume 2
Stephen Hawking's Universe, Volume 1
Star Trek: Insurrection
Stargate: Special Edition
Spider-Man: WS Special Edition
Spaceballs
Sniper
Scary Movie 2 SUCKY MOVIE
Scary Movie SUCKY MOVIE
Reign of Fire
Robin Williams: Live On Broadway
The Replacement Killers
The Relic
Radioland Murders
Quigley Down Under SUCKY MOVIE
Pitch Black: Director's Cut
Phantoms
Payback
Outbreak
Office Space
The Natural
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Wild World Of Batwoma
The Mummy Returns: Collector's Edition
The Mummy: Collector's Edition
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 08
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 06
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 05
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 04
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 03
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 02
Monty Python's Flying Circus, Disc 01
Men at Work
The Matrix
Major League: Back To The Minors SUCKY MOVIE
Major League II
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1
The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring: Platinum Series
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lethal Weapon 4: Premiere Collection
Lethal Weapon 3: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Beyond Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III: Collector's Edition SUCKY MOVIE
Jurassic Park II: The Lost World: Collector's Edition SUCKY MOVIE
Jurassic Park: Collector's Edition
Judge Dredd SUCKY MOVIE
Jacob's Ladder: Special Edition
Hudson Hawk SUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIE
Highlander: Endgame: Ultimate Collection
Highlander: The Final Dimension: Director's Cut
Highlander 2: Renegade Version: Director's Cut
Highlander: Director's Cut
Harley Davidson And The Marlboro Man
Hackers
Gunmen
Gone In 60 Seconds
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Fifth Element
Escape From New York SUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIE
Eddie Izzard: Dress To Kill
Die Hard: With a Vengeance
Die Hard 2: Die Harder
Die Hard
Dune
Dogma
Dirty Work
The Devil's Advocate: Special Edition SUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIESUCKY MOVIE
Demolition Man
Dark City: Platinum Series
Crow, The: The Ultimate Collection: Collector's Series 30
The Crow
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Celtic Pride SUCKY MOVIE
A Bridge Too Far
Bound
The Boondock Saints
The Bone Collector
The Big Hit
Blade II: Platinum Series
Blade: New Line Platinum Series
Blade Runner: Director's Cut
BASEketball
Bad Boys: Special Edition
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery: Platinum Series
Assassins
Army Of Darkness
American Yakuza
3000 Miles to Graceland
The 13th Warrior
12 Monkeys: Collector's Edition

amish

You seem to have a penchant for notoriously horrible movies.

You can stop crapping on movie threads now because obviously you have very skewed taste, it seems.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: jjones
Actually, since you like Tank Girl you can be forgiven for liking Judge Dredd. But Hudson Hawk is just going to far. :p

Actually, before LOTR came out Hudson Hawk was #1 on my all-time favorite/best movie.

You can stop crapping on movie threads now because obviously you have very skewed taste, it seems.

Ahhh.... so that's how it works. Since my opinion doesn't match yours or anyone elses, I'm not allowed to express it?

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Actually, before LOTR came out Hudson Hawk was #1 on my all-time favorite/best movie.

Ahhh.... so that's how it works. Since my opinion doesn't match yours or anyone elses, I'm not allowed to express it?

You have a right to express it, but it seems like every time a movie thread comes up you bag on every movie mentioned. :p

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Encryptic

You have a right to express it, but it seems like every time a movie thread comes up you bag on every movie mentioned. :p

It's not my fault you people talk about crappy movies. :p

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: werk
He likes Burger King, which I think is more despicable than his taste in movies. :p

I'm gonna have to amish on the BK.....Whoppers = The shiznits

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I could watch every single one of those movies completely wasted on <insert drug/alchohol here> and still get the plot of them. Oh wait, there virtually isn't one in any of them. Good God man! You must be the biggest simpleton on these entire boards liking movies like that? I noticed you liked and awful lot of "Special Editions". Maybe that says something? ;)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Rogue
I could watch every single one of those movies completely wasted on <insert drug/alchohol here> and still get the plot of them. Oh wait, there virtually isn't one in any of them. Good God man! You must be the biggest simpleton on these entire boards liking movies like that? I noticed you liked and awful lot of "Special Editions". Maybe that says something? ;)

I buy special editions.

I really don't believe that you can completely understand Jacob's Ladder sober, let alone "wasted".

Oh, and thanks for believing me a simpleton based on the movies I watch. If I want intellectual edification I'll read a book. I watch movies for entertainment.

amish

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000

I buy special editions.

I really don't believe that you can completely understand Jacob's Ladder sober, let alone "wasted".

amish
You'd better not start ragging on Jacob's Ladder!
edit: Wait, you LIKE Jacob's Ladder?! OMG! He likes something I like! OMG! OH NO! AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEIIEIEIEIE! NO!OO!O!O!

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: werk

I buy special editions.

amish
You'd better not start ragging on Jacob's Ladder!

No, no, no.... I love Jacob's Ladder. I own it! I was just defying Rogue's ability to understand it while "wasted"....although it might make more sense that way.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Descartes
Originally posted by: ReelC00L
Dude:

Tank Girl
Swordfish
The Big Hit
Dirty Work
Judge Dredd

These are seriously jokes, right?

I have seen 3 of those 5 and I have his back. All of those were entertaining movies. I can see his point of view about why he prefers them because sometimes I feel that way. You don't always need these big cinematic epics that try to manipulate your emotions. Sometimes you just want to be entertained.

Some monkies play with their own feces too. I guess some are just more easily entertained than others...

pics?

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

No, you are perfectly free to express your opinion, but since your movie collection shows that you are about as easily entertained as a monkey with a bowl of his own feces, you have no place talking about movies whatsoever. :)

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
He can pick a good movie like he can pick a good video card. Er... no... wait a second...

In all honestly, I like most of the movies in that list, but I like most of the movies that you rag on. I'm pretty happy with most movies, just like music. I think what some people are getting at, is why go into a thread about some movie and start bashing it, when what you like is no better. Don't drink the haterade.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
amish, i think you are clinically insane, and therefore your opinions cannot be taken as those from a sane individual.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
amish, i think you are clinically insane, and therefore your opinions cannot be taken as those from a sane individual.

Oh, you have no idea.....

amish:evil:

I think what some people are getting at, is why go into a thread about some movie and start bashing it, when what you like is no better.

See, but what I like IS better...at least to me. Most people ask for opinions about movies. I give mine, like everyone else does.

ViperMagic

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2001
What about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Definatly an orginal, simply entertaining movie

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

It's not constant, in-your-face, blow-something-up action. Requires a bit of thought sometimes. Suppose you'd abhor something like Casablanca, North by Northwest, The Killing Fields, The Shawshank Redemption?

The only one I've seen is Shawshank. That was a good show, especially for having Tim Robbins in it. I almost put him in my "Never Watch" category after sitting through The Player.

amish

Oh good grief! The Player was awesome! Robert Altman rules!

And what about Arlington Road or Bull Durham? Both of those are LEAPS and BOUNDS greater movies than Tank Girl, et al.

Your taste just plain sucks, dude! :D

SandLizard

Dec 11, 2002
at least The Pest is in there....heh....Johnny L. rules.

no Kevin Costner? I agree with his lack of accent ability, but he's a great actor (and yes, I did like Waterworld)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: ViperMagic
What about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Definatly an orginal, simply entertaining movie

Now THAT is a dumb and inane movie...what I've heard of it. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it from another room while my friends were watching it. That was enough to keep me from watching it.

And what about Arlington Road or Bull Durham? Both of those are LEAPS and BOUNDS greater movies than Tank Girl, et al.

Arlington Road was ok, but the ending sucked (as I recall), but Bull Durham is on my "Never Watch" list due to Kevin Costner being in it.

no Kevin Costner? I agree with his lack of accent ability, but he's a great actor (and yes, I did like Waterworld)

He's a LOUSY actor, IMO. His only movies that are decent are: Waterworld, Tin Cup, Untouchabales, and Silverado.

amish

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Now THAT is a dumb and inane movie...what I've heard of it. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it from another room while my friends were watching it.

Arlington Road was ok, but the ending sucked (as I recall), but Bull Durham is on my "Never Watch" list due to Kevin Costner being in it.

amish

I'm not a big Kevin Clodner fan either, but The Untouchables and Robin Hood are still pretty good movies that he happened to be in.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

Now THAT is a dumb and inane movie...what I've heard of it. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it from another room while my friends were watching it.

Well then you can't judge it properly. It's an excellent film with great casting of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka, imo.

amish

Oh ok...sorry...not a saccharin-happy ending in Arlington Road. Some mind games going on which is what made it so great.

And, Kevin Costner is ok as long as it involves baseball or wolves ;)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Encryptic

I'm not a big Kevin Clodner fan either, but The Untouchables and Robin Hood are still pretty good movies that he happened to be in.

I'll give you The Untouchables

But...uh...Robin Hood? "Git off mah land!"

oooof

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Oh ok...sorry...not a saccharin-happy ending in Arlington Road. Some mind games going on which is what made it so great.

No not that, just that the building blew up and the movie was over. I just wanted a little more about the repercussions....(I'm talking about the right movie, correct?)