The Tea Party fights back!!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ervatives-lambast-romney-vow-to-take-over-gop

Conservatives lambast Romney, vow to take over Republican Party

Conservative leaders on Wednesday lashed out at Mitt Romney, saying his attempts to paint himself as a centrist and hide his principles cost him the presidency.

They vowed to wage a war to put the Tea Party in charge of the Republican Party by the time it nominates its next presidential candidate.

“The battle to take over the Republican Party begins today and the failed Republican leadership should resign,” said Richard Viguerie, a top activist and chairman of ConservativeHQ.com.

He said the lesson on Romney’s loss to President Obama on Tuesday is that the GOP must “never again” nominate a “a big government established conservative for president.”

Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots said Romney failed to make the kind of strong case for conservatism that would have won the election.

She described Romney as a “weak, moderate candidate hand-picked by the country club elite Republican establishment.”

“They didn’t see a clear distinction so they went with what they know,” she said of voters.

“It should have been a landslide if Romney had run as a true conservative,” said Brent Bozell of the Media Research Center.

“Romney took all the right stances, no question. The problem was not communicating them on the national stage with President Obama,” said Marjorie Dannenfelser, the head of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List.

Martin argued that there was no repudiation of the Tea Party by the electorate because Tea Party values were not firmly articulated.

“This is not the death of the Tea Party,” Martin said.

“Tea Partiers will take over the Republican party in the next four years,” Viguerie said.

With all the threads mentioning how the Republicans are going to reach out and try to include minorities I was wondering how the Tea Party saw the election and what they are going to be doing while the Republicans "move to the middle"

/lawn chair, popcorn

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
We've been through this before. Reagan's amnesty totally wooed the mexican-immigrant vote. Not.

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Do they really believe that Romney was so centrist that he chased the ultra right-wing voters to Obama? Or maybe they just didn't vote at all?

How does that make any sense?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Do they really believe that Romney was so centrist that he chased the ultra right-wing voters to Obama? Or maybe they just didn't vote at all?

Shhhh. This is no place for rationality.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Tea party will become the unity party, Were all relgions are welcome including isliam. But the whole problem is us democrates will bury these people befor the next election of 2016. By than the messiah will have come out as to what he rely is our saviour and he will insist in a new religion and any who believe other are put to death . Blood blood we want blood

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Tea party will become the unity party, Were all relgions are welcome including isliam. But the whole problem is us democrates will bury these people befor the next election of 2016. By than the messiah will have come out as to what he rely is our saviour and he will insist in a new religion and any who believe other are put to death . Blood blood we want blood
Yeah those tea partiers love them some mooslims.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

You got it they didn't vote . nor do many religious do not vote millions about 20% of the so called religious conservative Check the vote count less than 08 and romney got fewer votes than McCain. RON paul has successfully destroyed the GOP. He would have got my vote . as he was the best man for the job but I really don't like the man the ideas yes. But now that I see the results I starting to think he is alright as a man

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
LOL this is ammusing, comments from pseudo "leaders" of the teaparty talking about how they are going to take over the GOP. Do they not know that they caused millions of people to be alienated from their own party with insane stances?

The Liberty Movement has the message and ideals to take over the party, not some batshit crazy teabaggers. Their message hits all the right conservative points to bring people in, not throw them to the curb.

Feb 10, 2000

Aren't you the same person who predicted Romney would win Minnesota (only to see him lose it by more than 7 points)? Even if I could understand what the hell you were talking about (which I can't) I would consider your predictions nonsense.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
If the Republicans give one inch on the fiscal cliff the Tea Party is going to go absolutely bat shit crazy.
I predict Boner is going down if he supports any compromise.
There's a Cantor in the House's future.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Aren't you the same person who predicted Romney would win Minnesota (only to see him lose it by more than 7 points)? Even if I could understand what the hell you were talking about (which I can't) I would consider your predictions nonsense.
Actually he predicted that we would not have an election this year. Obama was going to declare Marshall Law. His tea leaves are pretty broken.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
You watch the utube videos now Democrates will say horriable things about the GOP and continue there racist attack . Watch how rep try to divide the country as the poor and low class citizens try to take the MONEY from the Rich ,, Won't happen stock market will be at 10,000 befor january. Jobs and companies will move offshore along with the wealthy and leave america to its savior . Lets watch these low lifes rebuild america . OH OH wait that means they have to work for peanuts . But its really the work part that scares them .

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If the Republicans give one inch on the fiscal cliff the Tea Party is going to go absolutely bat shit crazy.
I predict Boner is going down if he supports any compromise.
There's a Cantor in the House's future.

Depends what way the party leadership wants to go.

I think a large number of the more moderate ones realize the Tea Party types have morphed from a flotation device to concrete shoes for the party. The demographic shifts are undeniable and unless they can moderate on social issues across the board the party can't compete for the Senate and the Presidency. Many conservatives point blank acknowledged this after Romney's defeat.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
You watch the utube videos now Democrates will say horriable things about the GOP and continue there racist attack . Watch how rep try to divide the country as the poor and low class citizens try to take the MONEY from the Rich ,, Won't happen stock market will be at 10,000 befor january. Jobs and companies will move offshore along with the wealthy and leave america to its savior . Lets watch these low lifes rebuild america . OH OH wait that means they have to work for peanuts . But its really the work part that scares them .

I'm sorry, the universal translator has been confiscated.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Depends what way the party leadership wants to go.

I think a large number of the more moderate ones realize the Tea Party types have morphed from a flotation device to concrete shoes for the party. The demographic shifts are undeniable and unless they can moderate on social issues across the board the party can't compete for the Senate and the Presidency. Many conservatives point blank acknowledged this after Romney's defeat.

I think the Tea Party is going to propose a 2nd Amendment solution and they will show it doesn't matter what the Republican party does or says. It has the primary voters and its going to hold the Republican party and the country hostage.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Civil War between the Tea Party and the GOP?!

FIGHT! *queues Street Fighter theme*

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It has the primary voters and its going to hold the Republican party and the country hostage.

That only worked when their support was a decisive factor in winning the election. It no longer is. They can do some more damage in the House but only for so long.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
That only worked when their support was a decisive factor in winning the election. It no longer is. They can do some more damage in the House but only for so long.
No, it worked when they could win primary elections. And they still can.