The Simpsons Movie

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dee67

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2000
Just got back from the (yipes) $7.00 matinee..

We laughed a bunch, loved the movie. Happy to support the Simpsons since they've brought us so many laughs over so many years, can't wait to buy the DVD and see all the deleted scenes and extra features.

Long live the Simpsons

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
it awesome!

I can tell they have new writers though...defiantly aged the look of the movie too...

the comedy was good, but some of it didn't seem to be that great....either way, long time simps fan, loved it!

I loved how they referred to some of the episodes in the movie...as a few said, the gorge and the ambulance and a few other things :D

IF anyone stayed around for the ending ....

SPOILER! ::

maggies first word is 'sequel'

pushing towards another simpsons movie! :thumbsup:

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
man, the movie was really good. I really enjoyed it. Some people said it felt like a 2 hour episode..no way. It felt bigger than that, especially how you can finally see all of springfield. i lol'ed a lot.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Saw it last night.
As a devote Simpsons fan since the very conception, I can honestly say I completely enjoyed the movie. It was everything I hoped and prayed it would be. They did it RIGHT and I'm glad they waited 18yrs to do it right and not throw out some slop 10 years ago as a cash grab. Entirely entertaining from start to finish. I loved all the slight nods that only devotees would pick up on as previously mentioned in this thread.

:beer: here's to 18 more years!

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Saw on TV Guide Channel that the stars are inked for at least 2 more movies. WOOHOO!!!!

Peace

Lounatik

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Lounatik
Saw on TV Guide Channel that the stars are inked for at least 2 more movies. WOOHOO!!!!

Peace

Lounatik

common are you serious? You gotta provide a link to that.

"Embiggins" isn't a even word :)

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
The old trailers had a part where Rev. Lovejoy said "here comes the money shot" (to Marge).. however, i didn't notice that during the movie..

did it get removed?

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: fallenangel99
The old trailers had a part where Rev. Lovejoy said "here comes the money shot" (to Marge).. however, i didn't notice that during the movie..

did it get removed?

From what I've heard, a LOT of stuff got cut or changed. I'm sure it will show up in the 10 disk Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious edition set. ;)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: rockyct

did it get removed?

From what I've heard, a LOT of stuff got cut or changed. I'm sure it will show up in the 10 disk Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious edition set. ;)

LOL

Feb 10, 2000
I liked it, but I didn't love it. Overall this was a respectable outing, though. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I saw it last night and loved it! I'm going to be buying this for sure when it comes out to DVD/HDDVD/BR.

I have a question, did anyone wait till the VERY end of the credits? At the end it said ...

"Filmed on Location in Springfield" ... I wasn't sure if it had a state afterwards, but I coulda swordn I saw people who left the theatre talking about how they saw a 2 letter state abbreivation after that. They were saying it said ALabama, and now that I think about it, I coulda sworn I saw "AL" after springfield as well.

But did anyone else catch it?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I thought it was fantastic.... although Homer was a lot more selfish than i would like. I thought the way Marge left was fantastic though.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

did it get removed?

I'm almost positive this was included... because i don't watch trailers, ever. And i definitely remember this part (but it was very quick).

bwatson283

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
so why exactly did the simpsons start sucking for the most part around season 9? Did original writers leave or something??

yah, connon o'brian left

bwatson283

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2006
Originally posted by: purbeast0
I saw it last night and loved it! I'm going to be buying this for sure when it comes out to DVD/HDDVD/BR.

I have a question, did anyone wait till the VERY end of the credits? At the end it said ...

"Filmed on Location in Springfield" ... I wasn't sure if it had a state afterwards, but I coulda swordn I saw people who left the theatre talking about how they saw a 2 letter state abbreivation after that. They were saying it said ALabama, and now that I think about it, I coulda sworn I saw "AL" after springfield as well.

In the one episode called the "Clip Show" they said "......and for this small suburban Kentucky family...."

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: bwatson283

In the one episode called the "Clip Show" they said "......and for this small suburban Kentucky family...."

Yes they did. And in subsequent airings this was removed. The writers etc still keep it entirely ambiguous.
Go read-up on snpp.com

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Homerboy

Yes they did. And in subsequent airings this was removed. The writers etc still keep it entirely ambiguous.
Go read-up on snpp.com
Vermont is it according to Digg (link is down?)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: Homerboy

Go read-up on snpp.com
Vermont is it according to Digg (link is down?)

That was simply a "contest" for cities to stake their claim. It did not reflect the city in the show and "become" THAT Springfield USA that we all love and know.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
As a simpsons fan when I was a kid, I completely and utterly loved the movie!! Laughed my ass off for most of the movie. Can't believe some people don't enjoy it. Definitely better than the uber-random family guy. 5/5!!!

My Chinese FOBby friend also loved it as well. She was laughing the whole time too!