The Simpsons Movie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: WhyteRyce
Considering it's been 10 years since we've had a good season of the Simpsons, I have very little hope that the humor in the movie will be anything like it was in season 4-8

horribly wrong

WhyteRyce

Mar 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Homerboy
Considering it's been 10 years since we've had a good season of the Simpsons, I have very little hope that the humor in the movie will be anything like it was in season 4-8

horribly wrong

Even if you've enjoyed any of seasons 9 up till now (everyone has different taste), there is no way you could argue that they've been anything like season 4-8

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
The only funny part about the trailer was the bible comment that Homer makes..

during Die Hard (mostly adults), the theater was roaring.. when I saw the same one during Transformers (mostly kids w/ parents) it was DEAD silent.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

horribly wrong

Even if you've enjoyed any of seasons 9 up till now (everyone has different taste), there is no way you could argue that they've been anything like season 4-8

I didn't even say that or imply that. You said that the past 10 years have not been good. They certainly have been GOOD. As great as previous? Hardly.

WhyteRyce

Mar 27, 2003

horribly wrong

I didn't even say that or imply that. You said that the past 10 years have not been good. They certainly have been GOOD. As great as previous? Hardly.

Well, it just sounds like we have a difference of opinion. So what makes me so horribly wrong?

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Saw the midnight show last night and thought it was hilarious. Lots of typical Simpsons jokes mixed in with some current events humor as well as some funny unexpected moments (like seeing only Barts "doodle" as he skateboards through Springfield). Well worth seeing in a theater though, I'm just happy they didn't turn it into some kind of musical comedy like so many other cartoon movie creators.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
so why exactly did the simpsons start sucking for the most part around season 9? Did original writers leave or something??

Terabyte

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 1999
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Saw the midnight show last night and thought it was hilarious. Lots of typical Simpsons jokes mixed in with some current events humor as well as some funny unexpected moments (like seeing only Barts "doodle" as he skateboards through Springfield). Well worth seeing in a theater though, I'm just happy they didn't turn it into some kind of musical comedy like so many other cartoon movie creators.

I thought it was his middle finger... :Q

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Lounatik
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: nick1985
Originally posted by: montypythizzle
:music: Spider pig, Spider pig, can do anything a spider can :music:

I really dont get how thats funny at all...:confused:

He didn't even quote it correctly...

Doesnt matter thats just stupid, not funny. The simpsons were funny like 8-10 years ago, ever since then they have just sucked.

I wasn't justifying the quote, I said he didn't quote it correctly. Way to fail at reading.

Me fail reading? Thats unpossible! :D

Peace

Lounatik

Corrected: :music: Spider pig, Spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does :music:

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Terabyte

Really? Haha I guess it could have been, it didn't last very long and I wasn't exactly trying to get a good look at it. I do know I was laughing my ass off with the rest of the theater once it happened though. :p

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Terabyte

Really? Haha I guess it could have been, it didn't last very long and I wasn't exactly trying to get a good look at it. I do know I was laughing my ass off with the rest of the theater once it happened though. :p

Its one of those things where you see what you want to see.. :p j/k

Just got back from seeing it.. Movie was pretty good 7.5/10. You aren't going to miss out on too much waiting for video..

Oct 20, 2005

Doesnt matter thats just stupid, not funny. The simpsons were funny like 8-10 years ago, ever since then they have just sucked.

agreed, when i saw that part in the commercial I was like "ehh.......that was stupid", though some of my friends would laugh hysterically when they saw it. I just gave him the "WTF?" look.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: aries7
The Simpsons might redeem this summer's bomb of movies that aren't worth watching. Hopefully it isn't an attempt to cash in like Pirates 3 was.

The Worst Movie 3

So far this year I have seen

POTC3 - Ok not really bad but no good either
Spiderman3 - ehh
Transformer - Great

ANd now the simpsons movie

It was fun (i laughed alot) and I stopped watching the simpsons a few years back.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
had the chance to go see it, told my friends that i had better things to do, and went to sleep instead.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Triumph
had the chance to go see it, told my friends that i had better things to do, and went to sleep instead.

Thanks for sharing? :confused:

Was pretty good. It didn't feel quite like a movie, more like an extended TV episode, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I did notice that a couple of times the characters voices didn't seem right (Marge on the tape, and a couple of others for a moment).

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
I went and saw it twice. Once on a digital projector, and once on a film projector. The film projection looked better, but I bet eventually the digital will look better due to film degredation. I honestly didn't think it was that great. I'd give it a 7/10, Transformers was way better. When I saw it on the film projector, during the opening sequence, the projector stopped and the lights turned on. They did not restart the film from the beginning, and they never turned the lights back down. I was pissed. My favorite part was when they were at the gas station, and the dopplegangers were caught.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I saw this yesterday. Although I don't really watch the Simpsons, I enjoyed it. It wasn't as funny as Family Guy IMO, but definitely not a bad movie. I also like the passionate crowd, they were so into it. :thumbsup:

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MrLee
Originally posted by: Lounatik

I wasn't justifying the quote, I said he didn't quote it correctly. Way to fail at reading.

Me fail reading? Thats unpossible! :D

Peace

Lounatik

Corrected: :music: Spider pig, Spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does :music:

I'm reading these posts and picturing all of you as Comic Book Guy.